All reviewsjunior suiteroof top sun terracefifth floorsea viewhalf boardfour starbar pricescarihuela beachfried eggslocation is excellentrooms cleaned dailyhigher floorsmall balconybuffet stylesun loungerssea frontdining room is
Reviewed May 8, 2017

This is a very basic and in my view only 3 Spanish stars. Location is good 2 minutes from shops , rooms are pleasant size very dated but clean. Cleaners, bar, waiters and some off the reception staff are lovely, friendly and helpful. Some reception staff not so. We booked through easy jet. It was and still is advertised as with a spa. The out door pool is colder than portrush in the winter, the Jacuzzi is roped off and will not be in use until next month. So no spa facilities very disappointing. There is no kettle in the room, no lock on bathroom, sofa and rest off room very tired. Food is ok, simple but not 4 star. Its saving grace is most off the staff. Juan at the bar, and all waiters, kitchen and cleaning staff work very hard and location.

Room Tip: if your lookingto swim or spa dont book
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2017

Dear Jenny W,

Thank you very much for the time taken to write your review on Tripadvisor.

I am terribly sorry to hear of your disappointment with our hotel. I think that the misunderstanding is due to the easyjet web. According to your comments there are too much mistakes in the description of our hotel in the easy jet's web.
We are really sorry about these mistakes and misunderstandings , we are going to check this information in order to correct it immediately.

I recommend you check our website where you can verify and read all the facilities, services, kind of rooms and so on about our hotel.

We don not have spa facilities. The jacuzzi on the solarium it's a cold water jacuzzi and it is open from May til October. The pool is one outdoor pool.

We do not have kettle in the room only in the junior suite premiums we have nespresso.

Thank you for the wonderful review concerning our staff. Our team works really hard to ensure that we deliver a high standard of service and warm and memorable experience. I wlll share your comments with the entire staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 7 nights. It is a nice hotel and has potential to improve.
The best thing for me was the roof terrace which was lovely up there.

The rooms was ok not disappointing like some people are saying.

The drink prices are ridiculous which I doubt the hotel would even consider changing them?

The food for me and my family was the worst part of the hotel. They don't really cater for the English and not a lot of choice. I just hope that when a review is put on here and the management state that there will be improvements I hope they mean it as the food does need improving.

But overall a good hotel. And I will be revisiting in November and let's hope changes are made. Especially in the restaurant.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2017

Dear Avfc9

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo and for having chosen us for spending your holidays.

I am really glad to learn you have appreciated our roof terrace with wonderful views overlooking the sea, mountains and Puerto Marina, as well as our rooms.

Furthermore we regret that you did not like the food offered at our restaurant. Our chef try to cater to every guests taste offering a range of food options according to the dimensions of our buffets. We try to adapt our buffet to the different nationalities of the customers we have. In order to improve our buffet we would like if you could send us your suggestions by email.

The price of drinks, is similar to the price of the hotels in the Carihuela. However, we offer 2 types of drink vouchers that include 10 drinks.
Silver voucher costs €20 and includes water, soft drinks, beer, hot drinks, house glass of wine, sangria etc.
Golden voucher costs €59 and incudes all drinks listed in the bar menu except bottle of wine, ballantines 12, chivas 12, JB 15, Cardhu and similare, Brandies Remy Martin, Henessy and similar.

Buying the drink vouchers clients obtain the drinks for nice prices.

Every night from 21 to midnight we offer a special and daily different offer.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in november.

Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

Travelled with 5 friends for 7 days in april.the hotel is small but ok. The jacuzzi on the sun roof was closed all week.the rooms were large and basic. Entertainment not great.Our main problem was the food it resembled poor canteen meals. This is not an over 18s hotel as there were children there. On the plus side the staff are great very friendly and eager to help. If they could improve the quality of the food it could merit its 4 star label.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2017

Dear curtainman,

First of all we want to say thank you for the time spent to write this comment. All the feed backs we receive represent a very important tool to better understand the aspects we should improve in order to offer a great service.

We regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

According to your comment we will try to explain your comments:

The Hotel Roc Lago Rojo will be adults only ( +18 ) from May 1, 2017. Children were allowed til 30th april 2017.

We do not have daily entertainment program, only night shows.

In order to fulfil every guests expectations regarding the food we try to offer a great range of food options. I would be grateful if you could tell us the suggestions you have in order to improve or include it in the menu.

It is a pleasure to learn that you appreciated our staff. Your kind words addressed to the staff, mean a reason of great pride and motivation for us.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is tucked within the city centre, 2 minutes walk from shops and bars, the food is very good and would recommend this hotel.
Within walking distance to the beach, the tapas bars are amazing

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carol M
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Dear Carol M,

Thank you very much for writing this comment and for sharing your experience with us. We are yo glad to hear that you have enjoyed your holidays and you would recommend us. Receiving such kind words regarding our facilities and gastronomic offer make us be motivated to keep doing our best in order to fulfill your expectations through excellence.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon here or in another Roc Hotel .

Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

Currently staying at the hotel, I always use trip advisor when traveling and read the comments on this Hotel but choose to ignore as it was based purely on location at the time of booking! But have to say I can not fault the hotel as it's actually better The my expectations and don't understand some of the comments about the hotel if anything it's a little dated but on whole the rooms are good clean and have been serviced every day bed is very comfy, we are half board and the standard of food is perfectly expectable unless your really fussy, wifi is fine wherever I've needed to use it, the bar could be improved and is not the cheapest but it is a hotel and it seems to me it's all premium brands on sale hence the high price maybe they do have a happy hr and drinks voucher system which is pointless only my opinion, credit to the guy behind the bar nice bloke and works very hard, we are here with 2 young children and I believe it's soon to be an adult only hotel which is a shame as I would of come back here again! Great location to explore the area by foot.
My opinion is try it for yourself before being put off by comments on here! It's as close as you want to be to the beach and plenty of bars and restaurants on the doorstep.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JGWiper

Dear JGWiper,

Than kyou for the great review to our Roc Lago Rojo hotel.

Receiving such amazing feedbacks and knowing that all of our efforts have been highly appreciated is a reason of great pride for the entire staff, that daily works aiming to turn every guest's stay into a unique and unforgettable experience. I am delighted to read you enjoiyed all our services within the hotel.

On behalf of our staff and myself, our warmest gratitude to you and your family.

From May 1th we are an adults only hotel (major of 18 years), our hotel has not playpark, or mini club and the company has decided that the Hotel should be only adults.
On the other hand we inform you that in Torremolinos we have 2 hotels for families with an entertainment program and facilities adapted for children. They are the Hotel Roc Flamingo **** in Torremolinos' center or the Hotel Roc Costa Park ****. I invite you to visit these hotels in our web. Also we have another hotel in Marbella the Hotel Roc Marbella Park.

Warmest regards from la costa del sol