“Took my money, accepted the booking then sent me to another hotel 15minutes drive away”

Hotel Roc Lago Rojo
Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Really not a happy customer, either Zen Hotes or Roc Lago hotel ruined my whole evening.

I booked this hotel online a week before going and they took my money instantly. Accepted the booking and I had confirmation emails and everything.

When I arrived at the hotel with my luggage they tell me it's fully booked and I must go to one of their partner hotels.

This was completely inconvenient for me and actually ruined my whole night as I was late to pick up a girl and then late to a show.

I was basically fobbed off in the end and was told I must apply for compensation.

I will not be stopping until I receive compensation.

Stayed: July 2017
3  Thank alexwelsh33
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear alexwelsh33,

Sorry about answering this commento so late but I was waiting for your e-mail from 28th July. We do not have any answer from you so I write you now.

I am terribly sorry to read your disappointment with our hotel. I explained it to you in my answered e-mai.

I suggest to contact or complaint directly where you have made your booking. Roc Hotels ( our booking department ) didn't have accepted this booking. We have a minimun stay ( 3 nights ). Normally it is not possible to book one night in our Hotel.
Once You have arrived we only have tried to deal with this problem as better as we could do offering you our sister hotel Roc Costa Park. This dates all the hotels in this area were fully booked.

I hope you finally have clarified it with your travel agency.

Kind Regards and sorry again about the inconveniences. We hope you give us a second chance and we do hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I took my parents here for a week stay. My father is disabled and unfortunately his mobility scooter broke down whilst at the airport. This caused some stress but we eventually got to the hotel. The gentleman on reception wasn't that interested in our issues and watched on as I struggled with 3 suitcases, a father who can barely walk plus a broken scooter. We had rooms 325 & 326. Rooms were very clean but in general the hotel could do with an uplift, especially the breakfast room. Breakfast was very greasy and daily bread was not fresh. Not a huge amount to choose from either. We had to hire my father a wheelchair and each day whoever was on reception would watch my dad struggle in out and out of his wheelchair as it wouldn't fit into the lift so had to be folded. At no point did anyone tell us there was in fact another larger lift that we could use whereby my dad didn't have to struggle. We found this lift by accident. Reception gave zero information about things that were relevant to us and were not very friendly. No personal touch as this hotel. Location was excellent and rooms were clean but apart from that we would not return and wouldn't recommend. My room and balacony looked directly onto another building and if you looked down you saw a complete builders mess. My parents view was a different side and they had lovely bins to look at whilst sitting on their balacony. Careful what rooms you book here. Pez Espada hotel down the road is by far much more superior and this is billed as a 4 star?? This is a 2 star at best. Myself and my parents have travelled all over the world and this hotel was a big disappointment.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room only
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Leeca69,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with us and for the time dedicated to comment it on Tripadvisor.

All the feedbacks we receive represent a very important tool to better understand the aspects we should improve in order to offer a great service.

I would like to apologize if our hotel did not meet your expectations, it is our main goal to achieve the highest level of satisfaction among our guests.

I lament not being informed about all your comments that you wrote in trip advisor whilst you were here. We do not have records about any of them during your stay. Neither the breakfast, the reception staff, nor the rest of your comments.

We have checked your booking and any mention about disable person among your party was commented. Only one request was writting in your reservation: " sea view ". Nevertheless I want to apologize for not having met your expectations related to service received in reception. I will deal with this directly.
We lay high value on the client orientation of our employees, as we understand that this is a prime factor to achieve maximum client satisfaction.

About the rooms: we do regret the issue with the room views we can only take notice of them if you tell us whilst staying in the hotel. We would have proposed you a change of room always based upon availability. Arriving really late at night when the hotel is fully booked do not allow us to change the rooms in the cjheck in time and We lodged you both rooms as close as possible.

I am really sorry but We have fresh and daily bread " every day " , I have the pleasure of informing you that we bake it and the rest is delivered for a local bakery daily.

Again, let us express our profond apologies and we hope you will give us the chance to welcome you again in the Roc Lago Rojo Hotel. Kind Regards fron sunny Costa del Sol

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Following on from my review of 3 years ago, I am pleased to report that there has been a definite inprovement.

Firstly, the Hotel is now Adults Only although it is fair to say that most of the guests were Dutch at the senior end of adulthood, but very friendly.

Secondly, there has been an increase in the number of Waiting Staff in the Dining Room and tables are readily cleared and re-set.

A few toiletries are now being placed in the Bathrooms.

The Hotel is ideally situated for access to shops, bars, restaurants and the beach.

Happy Hour is from 5pm to 6pm, but it is mainly patronised by the Dutch guests.

Entertainment in the Hotel is minimal.

For anyone desiring a view from their balconies, avoid Rooms 117 to 121, which are obscured by plant growth.
I would recommend a visit here and I would definitely return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Donald B.

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely experience about your recent stay in our hotel on tripadvisor and for having chosen us for the second time.

We are so glad to read that your experience has been so good that you want to come back and recommend us. It was a will be our sincere pleasure being your host.

At the same time I am happy to hear you enjoyed the renovations and improvements. It is nice to learn you gave us a second chance and we hope to see you in the future.

About entertainment we do not have daily or afternoon entertainment. We have at least 4 professional shows in the evening.

Please consult our web in order to follow us or look for our special offers.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon in your home away from home. Kind Regards from sunny Costa del Sol

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Our second visit to the Lago Rojo, Serviced room each day by pleasant staff. Breakfast covered everything from Continental to full English. Having gone Adults only, you don't have to watch for children picking over the food, trying some then putting it back for others to eat. Heaven. Three minutes from the Beach, who could ask for more. We will return.

This was our second visit no problems, with the room serviced each day. The breakfast had everything, from Continental to Full English. Having gone Adults only, you didn't have to watch children picking over the food, trying it a subsequently putting it back for others to eat. Heaven. Only three minutes from the Beach, what more could you ask for. We will return.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank d3ylan
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear d3ylan,

First of allI wuld like to thank you for the time to write and share your experience about your recent stay at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo and for chosing us for the second time.

For us every comment is helpful in improving the hotel's services and for ongoing and future staff training.

I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed and overall pleasant stay at our Hotel, appreciating our location, faciilities, sercices with special mention to our breakfast. Your kind words will be addressed to the staff, mean a reason of great pride and motivation for us.

We are an only Adults hotel from the first of May. ( more than 18 years old ).

We are looking forward welcoming you soon. Kind regards from Sunny Costa del Sol

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Can't wait to return here, my elderly mum will love it, there is a gate into the main paved streets and beach, so no hills for her and plenty of bars, shops and lovely seafood, and a short stroll back to the hotel. Perfect for all ages . The Bannisters

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Yatesyg
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Yatesyg,

First of all, thank you for writing your comment on tripadvisor and for the time you dedicated to let us know your impressions about our Hotel.

Please accept a huge thank you from all of us here at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo. We were so happy ho hear you had such a great experience.

We are looking forward to welcoming ypu back very soon . With the warmest regards from sunny costa del sol, for you and your mum.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 May 2017

We just returned from another nice break in Costa del Sol in the hotel. We booked through the website and had a special offer for May, so good deal.
We loved the nice rooftop solarium, jacuzzi and bar, with amazing views over the bay. Now the hotel is adults only which I think is a good thing, so it is quiet and nice in the common areas. Bar staff friendly. food just okay and for the drinks we got the golden voucher for €59 including all drinks listed in the bar menu except some branded ones, and you can have 10 drinks, which it is ok.

We enjoyed the brand new mattresses and pillows that we were told they were bought this year. That was a plus for a nice rest at night.
The furniture in the bar inside was new as well. They look very nice

Overall we had a great time and once again we loved the hotel where all the staff makes you feel welcome and they look after the smallest details.
I cannot wait for next year to go back!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teartree
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Dear teartree,

Thank you very much for this nice review and for booking with Roc Hotels.

It is such a pleasure that it was your second time with us, this makes you already a loyal guest for us.

We are extremely pleased to realize that you have had an enjoyable stay with us appreciating every new detail of our service and improvements.

Your kind words addressed to the staff and our service mean a reason of great pride and motivations for us. On behalf of Roc Lago Rojo staff, our warmest gratitude to you, for being our guess.

Once again thank you and it was and will be our sincere pleasure being your host.
We are looking forward to your next visit. Whith the warmest regards from sunny Costa del Sol

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Nice hotel basic ,very clean good breakfast , very convenient would stay again ps great bed. Sun terrace really nice . Good value for money. I stayed with my daughter for three days we had a very enjoyable stay .

Stayed: May 2017
Roc H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Lago Rojo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Dear Denise M,

It is a pleasure for us to read your opinion and we thank you for your time and for having chosen Hotel Roc Lago Rojo for your trip to Malaga.

It is important for us that you have enjoyed so much here. We try to put all the effort in the guests' satisfaction, at it is our main goal.

As you comment our Hotel location in the Carihuela can not being better, quiet rooms, our Bar Solarium and terrace are a nice and charming place where you can taste a drink while you are relaxing.

We would love to see you again, and please, contact us prior your next booking with any request you may have, we will love to please you.

Kind Regards