All reviews train station basic hotel town centre hotel cold meats great budget hotel air con tv remote hard boiled eggs place to sleep bars and restaurants la nogalera your doorstep calle san miguel fresh fruit fresh towels every day burger king lots of shops
Reviewed April 30, 2018

Excellent location though a little difficult to find, turn left out of the station then left at Costa Coffee, about half way up the alley. Very clean in all areas of the hotel. We didn't have a balcony or a very good view but that didn't bother us as we didn't spend much time in the room; which was a good size. Safe for hire was €10 deposit and €2.50 a day, no kettle in room though you could hire one (not sure on the prices for that). Hairdryer in room. Bar on the fourth floor was €2.50 a pint, didn't try the food but it did smell OK. We would definitely stay here again due to the location.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JackyDowling
Reviewed April 10, 2018

At the price we paid it was good value. We found it to be well located in the centre and it was exceptional clean. Continental breakfast which we were made aware of and a decent dinner. No balcony but in March that isn't a problem. We enjoyed our stay and found beer locally at 1.50e and wine at 1e. I love Torremolinos and we had a good time although it rained every day. We found the rooms warm and comfortable and would stay again.

Stayed: March 2018
5  Thank beckrichard
Reviewed April 2, 2018

The location is excellent literally 2 mins walk from the train station and it's very easy to take the train from the airport cost is €1.80. I’d requested a quiet room on a high floor and what I got was a noisy room above reception on the first floor with no others rooms available. The only plus was that being so close to reception meant I could get wifi in my room while normally it’s only available in public areas. It was pretty noisy both in the corridor outside my room and the street outside and the room was quite big but cold with no heating. The hotel is very well located there are lots of bars and restaurants within 1min walk and it's also close to the beach. I didn’t eat at the hotel so can’t comment on the food. I wouldn’t stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank hamoli
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Booked in for 5 nights end of March 2018 as a single traveller. My room although VERY compact was in good enough shape but the outlook was of the narrow passageway (where the hotel entrance is) and a mere strip of sky could be seen above it. Not the best outlook and at this time of year left the room quite cold in temperature. Possibly a bonus in summer.
The dining room is on the fourth floor. A hike for those who don't use elevators. (Me).
Buffet meals which are ok if you want to pile mostly meat dishes onto your plate and not a lot for non-meat eaters. Fish was available but either over or undercooked/in a sauce.
Salad type stuff ok eg...shredded Beetroot/carrots etc with lettuce..tomatoes ..olives etc.
If the sight of nearby diners piling food onto plates is a turn-off?...then like me Tis not the best dining situ. Puddings were mostly ok.
Now the dining room staff were great. Had their eyes on the ball..busy dealing with guests requests/ensuring that empty food containers were replaced by fresh ones.
Nice sun terrace on this floor with lovely views early morning/evening. Loungers available here.
One of the receptionists was so rude when I asked availability of rooms with balcony. (There aren't many but some guests were lucky to have one). Was told that the price I paid didn't warrant a balcony. Blah de blah.....utter rubbish.
Last 2 nights of my stay booked into Hotel Torremolinos Centro nearby with a good-sized terrace overlooking a pedestrian square and all-day sun at less cost than the Kristal. Although I returned to the Kristal for evening meals since they were paid for....my breakfast was enjoyed at a typical Spanish bar in Picasso Square...al fresco...table service...glass of great coffee...toasted pitufo with butter/jam. Perfecto. A mere 2.60 euros of heaven for me.
I have given the best and worst of my experience on this visit so.....hopefully this will help with your choice.
Final comment....the configuration of hotel rooms is such that more rooms are crammed into the building with minimum room for comfort. Very narrow corridors in addition

Room Tip: On booking...request a room with city view/balcony.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2018

This hotel could not be in a better location for bars/cafes, trains etc. The hotel is spotless - even almost clinical.
Rooms very cold - but so was the weather and we did have free a/c - so good.
However we were there a week and didn't even have a drink in the bar, which closed at 10pm!!! Went up twice and they had no ice - in a hotel??? As the hotel did food I suggested they put some water trays in the freezer or better still walk the couple of yards to the supermarket and buy a big bag for 69 cents!!! Doh!!!
No fridge in the room - so no cold water for night-time. However we got over this by buying said ice for 69 cents every day.
We got what we paid for - a cheap hotel early in the year. But with a few changes it could be a better hotel
Pewee - March 2018