“Went twice”

Ranked #159 of 1,591 Restaurants in Granada
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Realejo - San Matias
Reviewed 20 November 2015

Went here twice during my visit to granada. The very good is more for my first visit than the second. First time went for lunch and had the menu del dia. Great food and very good value for money, because of this we decided to go for dinner. First off I should say the service on both occasions was very good! on the second visit for dinner I ended up having my never ending steak problem. I love steak but I must have it well done I know for many people out there this is blasphemy how could you do that to a good piece of meat but it's how I like it and I know from cooking it myself and from having it in other restaurants that it's possible to do without it being like shoe leather!! My partner and I ordered the chuletón having had it together at many places and asked for it to be grilled partially well done to medium well as he likes it. The waiter informed us they bring it out with a hot stone so it can be cooked further we said no problem thinking he'd bring it out at medium at least so we'd just finish it off. No it was blue, we had to ask for extra an extra sterno to heat the stone as it took so long the first one burnt out. I've worked in the industry myself for the last 15 years and this is one of my pet peeves. I know how I like my steak cooked and when I'm paying a decent amount of money for dinner with wine etc I expect to get what I ordered as long as I'm not rude about it which we weren't. Once It was cooked through it was very good and had been seasoned very well, you could tell the meat was very good quality

1  Thank CorinnaS_13

Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

Every dish ordered by our group of 4 people was terrific. The cochinillo in particular was excellent. The leche frita dessert was the best I had in my entire stay in Spain.
The restaurant seems to be very busy for lunch but not so for dinner. Located in the heart of the "centro", it is easily accessible from most hotels. Staff was friendly and provided great suggestions.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

A very good restaurant in the heart of Granada. We had T-Bone steak, vegetables, fries and very very good wine. Not unusual for expensive restaurants, but it was not very full and as an other table finished we were all alone in the restaurant.
The service was very kind, an elder man who knows extremly good about wine and had given a good recommendation. All in all, good impression to me.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

Not a gourmet restaurant but excellent plain food. Fish was fresh and cooked perfectly, meat was very good. All appetizers were plentiful and fresh.

Reviewed 6 July 2015

Great wood oven roasted suckling lamb and pig. Otherwise average restaurant for tourists. T-Bone hasn`t been that good. Sidedishes below average. Made for high volume of guests. Noisy aircondition. If you are in the center of Granada than definitely try it out. But apart of wood oven meals it is not for foodies.