“Surprisingly Poor Meal and served Turned Wine”
Review of Damasqueros

Damasqueros
Reserve with
Damasqueros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 1,751 Restaurants in Granada
Price range: US$46 - US$46
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Entwine tradition and vanguard. We perform a traditional Grenadian cuisine, Andalusia, artless, simple but striking, adapted to changing times, using current techniques and products of the soil, seasonal and premium merging the Christian Arab, and Jewish. Our cuisine consists solely of a weekly tasting menu, which defines the sensitivity for cooking and respect for seasonal produce. We also have a wine list with more than 100 national and international references, with particular attention to local wines.
Reviewed May 21, 2018

On May 2, my wife took me to this Michelin rated restaurant, of which I been in at least 20 similar rated restaurants across Western Europe, half of which have had smaller sized creatively orientated 5 course tasting menus.

This one is for the birds! Not worth it!

I found the menu to be so eccentric to not to be enjoyed, and the portions were extremely micro sized.

All of this I might had kept to myself and neither complained later for the first time to my wife about poor quality the meal, and neither wrote back to USA to my Michelin trained chef brother in law (3 star restaurant in Lyon France in 1980s), except for the fact that we had selected the more expensive Reserve Wine Tasting Menu, and served a wine that had become vinegar!

On our third course of wine, we were served a red wine that had turned toward vinegar. I after tasting it, and seeing it's Brown Coloration, I politely asked the waiter if he would try it, and tell me his opinion of it. Without hesitation he stated in was vinegar!

So I am left to wonder why would a crappy bottle of wine, get past a server, a waiter in such an establishment? All the waiter had to do was look at it's coloration to question whether it should be tasted before serving!

At end of meal, which my wife found amusing for the eccentric-ness of the micro menu, she asked if she could see who the chef was. We were told by a different waitress, that the chef had left earlier, and we then realized our waiter who had not noticed the "turned" wine, also had not seen seen for the previous last 2 courses of the dinner. It seemed as if the children had been left to run the restaurant.

Simply I would search for other Michelin restaurants in Granada, before this one, if you are so inclined for the Michelin experience.

This one needs to get back in shape, and not rest on whatever tired reviews it may have once had.

Went to a Great Castillian Steakhouse the next evening to make up for this experience. Had a Great Steak that next night at the non Michelin steakhouse!

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

They only offer a menu degustación in 5 courses plus amuse bouche, for 39€ without drinks, 59€ with wine pairing and 85€ with wine pairing „reserva“, ie more expensive wines.
We took the last one and really liked it. Creative food and pairing ideas, like a great pinot noir with the aspargus and egg.
We came early and felt a bit rushed in the beginning, but we told them and then got more time. I don‘t know what happens if one doesn‘t eat any of the courses offered, I guess they will come up with alternatives.

Reviewed May 11, 2018

Simply a fantastic meal, it tasted as good as it looked. The tasting menu and the paired wines were truly amazing

Reviewed April 30, 2018

From start to finish, my parents and I had a delightful meal at Damasqueros. We went on a Wednesday and found it to be a quiet evening. Our waitress was cheerful, energetic, and readily accommodated my food (allergy). When we asked her to pass along our compliments to the chef at the end of the evening, she quickly went to the kitchen and brought out the man in charge. Truly one of the most delightful dining experiences I've had in Spain.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

The tasting menu was excellent , very well thought out and put together. We paired the meal with the reserve wines (85 euros each) and it was well worth the price.