All reviews alhambra parking alhambra lot the bus main entrance directly across the street car park reduced rate olive groves jacuzzi bath minute walk hotel guests visiting alhambra la alhambra city centre fourth floor continental breakfast lovely room
Reviewed May 27, 2018

The Guadalupe is a very pleasant hotel with a lovely atmosphere especially when first walking in to be greeted by a lovely foyer which takes you back 40 years or so. It is also in a good location for the Alhambra, being only 5 minutes walk away with a 15 minute walk through lovely gardens into the city also on offer. (Bus available if you don't want to walk back uphill). We had a great room (407) with an outside terrace, only 1 of 2 rooms in the hotel with this facility, which I had pre-booked and was glad I did. The staff were very smiley and helpful. So those are the positives. I'm afraid though that there are several negatives. The breakfast was not up to the standard of the many previous hotels we had visited - the only warm (and I emphasise warm and not hot) options were fried eggs and some sort of sausages together with sliced potatoes swimming in oil. I would suggest to the hotel that they wait until guests arrive to eat and then offer eggs cooked freshly (as I ended up doing after day 1). Whilst on the subject of food we had 2 evening meals in the hotel which were very acceptable. We were also dismayed to find plastic cups (melamine, brown and unclean) in the room and noticed too that the hot drinks options were not replaced daily. We are quite well travelled but have never had dirty plastic cups in a hotel before - however when we pointed this out they were changed to earthenware ones, but the point is they should never have been plastic in the first place. There was also no shampoo provided and when we queried this we were told that was correct. What?? Housekeeping needs a little improvement. Next is the Wifi (somewhat intermittent!) - on arrival I was given access with 3 days validity. This expired after 36 hours. So I was given another code/password with 3 days validity. This also expired after 36 hours. So I was given another code...... This needs looking at as its frustrating when you need to access the internet first thing in the morning and your access has no validity. And lastly - parking. The

Room tip: Book one with outside terrace if available.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Philip G
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Visited twice in two days, once for lunch in the restaurant upstairs and then for drinks and a snack in the cafe bar in the foyer. Both visits were exceptional. Good food and exceptional service from two separate waiters. They were friendly, attentive and went out of their way to be polite and pleasant. Great place. Would stop here if doing an overnighter at The Alhambra.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

The hotel beat my expectations! The location is convenient, being close to the Alhambra Palace and 20 min walk to the Plaza Nueva. Our room on the top floor has a big window and a huge patio, both with amazing view of the Palace. Hotel is clean and comfortable. I really appreciate the hotel getting Alhambra Palace tickets for us when everything was sold out! I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Room was in the other building which appeared to be under renovation and had to use keys to open building that did not work. Took us 5 minutes to get. Also front desk person gave us the wrong place to pick up the C3 bus back up the hill. It’s at the Isabelle square and well worth the 1,40 euro to get back up the hill to the hotel. The hotel is located across from Alhambra which makes the location great but need updates to rooms as it looks tired. It was an okay stay but not great. Agree with hot water with good pressure.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Power bar only power outlet by bed. Dirty walls, doors. Circuit breaker panel out in the open. Receptacle in bathroom falling apart exposing wires. Tiny bathtub. Horrible hotel in an amazing location.

Trip type: Travelled solo