“Cheap and clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 96 Granada B&B and Inns
Catania
“Cheap and clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Very convenient, very clean, friendly staff. I was in a double room with private bath, and the accommodation was comfortable. The bathroom had a large shower, the bed was comfortable, so recommend it.

Room Tip: double room with private bath was perfect
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CataniaViaggiatrice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Knowing that the city would be crowded during Semana Santa we opted to stay in this hostal that is a 10-15 walk from the heart of Granada. Ideally situated for exploring the city on foot and the staff couldn't be kinder, plenty of helpful information was given about what was happening around the city and how to access the different events. They were even kind enough to store our luggage for us after we had checked out as our flight wasn't till the evening. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it for friends or family travelling together. There is no lift though, but this didn't trouble us.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank weefee3
, Gerente at Hostal AB, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear customer,
we are really delighted to learn that you had a good time in our hostel. our staff does its best every day in order to help our guests and to give them all the information they need. we hope you enjoyed Semana Santa and all the events that were organized during that week.
Best wishes
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

I extended my stay here for almost a month earlier on in the year. The staff are just lovely and it is very safe and secure. There is a lovely older gentleman who is always sitting at reception who is so sweet and defeinitely a native andalucian from his accent. Internet great! The best service and most kind, was a scandanavian receptionist with a wealth of information and blonde hair (I can't remember her name, sorry!) who will go out of her way to help you and is a native English speaker. It is not far to walk to the main sights, however it is in the newer part of Granada not the old city. I stayed in a single room in the hostel, which was OK, but then when I extended my stay they were nice enough to move me into an apartment with secure rooms just around the corner. Streets are noisy in Granada, Granada is loud, not the hostels fault. I think this is more than a 1 star place to stay.

Room Tip: Lots of cheap places to eat nearby, breakfast at Dunkin Donuts for 1.50 euros, coffee and baguettes...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Beyondtheglobe1890
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

Little pension in Granada, with some little stairs that didn't scare any of the six of us who were there at the time. It's basic but with friendly staff and not really central but granada is small so everything is close to everything to be honest.

I'd reccommend this hostal if you are spending 1 to 3 nights in the city and looking for a place to sleep and have a shower when finishing you sightseeing !

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank BRA_BNE
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

I'd booked a single room, on arrival they did not have any and put me in a triple room, which they tried to pass of as a good thing. They also asked me to pay for the entire stay upfront, and they did not give me a receipt, even when I mentioned it. This room was on the ground floor, it was cold and just depressing. The loud heater is set to come on for 15-20 seconds and than turn off for 10 minutes, the room never heated up during the first night. I tried to sleep fully dressed. The walls are paper thin, I could very clearly hear the conversations in the room next to mine. The heating/ plumbing system is located somewhere very close to this room and all night it made loud, horrible screeching and grating noises. Needless to say, I did not sleep at all during the night.

In the morning I asked to be moved to another room, they seemed reluctant but eventually found me a room with no ensuite like I'd booked, I did not care, I just wanted to sleep. And what do you know, the heating was not working at all in the second room. They gave me a tiny heater, which eventually did make the temperature in the room tolerable. The second night I managed to get 4 hours sleep. The room was a bit better in terms of noise and fitout (even without a bathroom). Which made me realise the "triple room" that they gave me the first night was their most cheapest accommodation and not what I had booked or paid for.

I've stayed in a few hostels during my travels and have always found them to be basic but good. I've paid exactly the same elsewhere and have enjoyed my stays. It made my time in Granada not very enjoyable as I was just exhausted during the entire stay. If you want a good nights sleep, find something else. If you still go to this hostel, try and avoid all rooms on the ground floor and don't count on getting what you book.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kiwi121
guadalupegarcia, Gerente at Hostal AB, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Hi, We apologize for any inconvenience. Perhaps you will get other impresion of our accommodation in Granada if you have travel not alone. I notice you are always a solo traveller, why ? It´s better to travel with other people to get other opinions. I hope you enjoy the Alhambra and the rest of the nice monuments we have in Granada.

Travellers are raving about these Granada hotels

Asilah, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

Just spent 3 relaxing days in Granada staying at Hostal AB. A fantastic hostel/hotel in the heart of the city. You will not get better accomodation than this at the price, and his staff go out of their way to be helpful and friendly, in a very genuine way. Hope to return in July, and will certainly be booking into Hostal AB

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We were pleased to learn that you liked both the hotel as well as the surroundings.
We hope top welcome you again in the future
Yours sincerely.
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2010

Nice and very helpful service, clean, not expensive, change of sheets, kitchen, close to city centre (10min walking)

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple