“Worst meal in 10 years”
Review of Becerrita

Becerrita
Reserve with
Becerrita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 2,668 Restaurants in Seville
Price range: US$50 - US$70
Cuisines: Spanish, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At the Puerta de Carmona, in the historical centre of the city, we find this resstaurant which specialises in typical Andalusian cuisine with some personal creative touches. Five generations back the Becerrita tradition and it has achieved recognition as a restaurant of particular gastronomic interest. You can enjoy fine tapas in the bar or, in the dining room.
London, United Kingdom
“Worst meal in 10 years”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Initially I wondered whether we had got the wrong restaurant. Now I am sure there must have been a change of owner and/or chef. The service was adequate, the food was inedible. Having travelled extensively although I would consider myself a foodie I would also not consider myself hugely fussy. The monkfish was served half raw and cold, with a sauce that looked and tasted like someone had poured bad fish stock into roux. The veal was well cooked but tasteless and with a burned "sherry" sauce. We looked to other patrons to see if they were had fared better and there were a lot of partially finished meals and grimaces. Our feedback on the quality of the food was ignored. Perhaps this was an off night but I can't remember having a worse meal in at least 10 years, and I've had a few fairly terrible ones.

Sadly the most pricey and by far and away the worst meal we have had in Seville.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank A Y
JesusBecerra, Propietario at Becerrita, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear Customer:

You can not imagine how much we care about an unhappy customer. It would have been happy to explain it in person on the day of the dinner, but for unknown reasons I have had no knowledge until reading your comment.

Talking with our maitre and trying to identify the table, we do not remember anything or had any complaints from customers, only for dinner from 14 two ladies, one of them asked for more past monkfish.

In this situation, I can only clarify that makes Becerrita traditional cuisine of Andalusia, and in it the raw material is the protagonist. The monkfish is logical that you know a fish sauce, some of the ingredients of it is the juice releases the fish in its cooking, as to the point every day making the fish less done, otherwise it can be seen the flavors and textures of the same. However customers who request it, as we believe was the case, add a little more cooking. As for Pedro Ximenez sauce (sweet sherry wine sauce) clarify that bottled wine is very dark brown, so the color of the meat sauce.

Moreover, we were assured that the service was correct.

Again, please accept our sincere we apologize, and if you need any clarification I will be available in the email : restaurante@becerrita.com

Jesús María Becerra Gómez
Owner.

• Greek first
“Ambiance better than food”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Initially things looked good. I was told that it was no problem to serve a lactose free meal, but the result was lukewarm, poorly prepared meal.

1 Thank Karinzastrow
Hitchin, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food and service excellent as we had expected”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We had visited this restaurant 5 years ago on an anniversary trip. In fact we enjoyed it so much that we went twice. This was an unexpected visit and as we were early there was no problem about getting a table. In fact the whole experience was just as good as we had remembered.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Ruth S
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This restaurant is exquisite. The restaurant is split into numerous small intimate dining rooms with a capacity of up to twelve. I had a selection of tapas and my wife the carpaccio of beef followed by sirloin steak and foi gras respectively. The wine list is excellent and certainly worthy of the food. The service was a bit patchy and certainly could be improved. I believe that this was largely because there was a "bank" function going on on the evening of our visit with circa 40 plus guests. They should have had extra staff on this night. Meal for two cost €167. Would go again.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Jim M
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sophisticated Spanish dining”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Been here twice for brunch, tried organic sirloin of pork with goat-cheese grilled and licorice sauce and ox's tail croquettes, as well...all excellent! Will go again!

• Visited November 2011