All reviewscar liftthe tv remote controlcommon in europerental carcab fareold townbusiness triproom was a decent sizebusiness hotelexcellent hotelcity centrestayed one nighttaxi ridetourist areawould highly recommend this hotelthe wi fiplaza espana
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at AC hotels all over Spain including Barcelona, Madrid, Toledo, Malaga and Lisbon.

Seville, was by far the worst.

First, there is no coffee/tea making facilities in the rooms. This is a standard Marriott right and facility everywhere else in the world. Even other AC Hotels In Spain.

Second, even though they changed our room we could never get internet speeds over 0.50mb download speeds! They blamed it on their internal repeaters and their provider. Shameful they can’t even get something so basic to work.

Third, the hotel is located far from the main attractions and in a not so nice and dirty part of town.

The staff were nice and tried to fix the problems but I would never stay here again and cannot recommend this as a decent place to stay when visiting Seville. Marriott should replace the poor hotel manager at this property.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank joelob22
OlgaManalichJ, Director General at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Dear joelob22,

Thank you for choosing us to stay in Seville and for your candid comments about your experience last night. I am very sorry that we were not up to your expectations as an AC by Marriott Hotel.
The coffee/tea making facilities in the room is not a standard facility in hotels in Spain, although it is becoming more and more popular. I know that some AC Hotels have them, usually in their superior rooms and suites. You must take into consideration that there are different levels of AC Hotels, as you can see by the value in points in our Marriott Rewards system. I will let the property owners know of your dissatisfaction with this point.
As for the WIFI connection, we are in the middle of updating our system and we are waiting for the arrival of more repeaters this coming week, which will definitely solve the problema. So far we have only the lobby with the highest connection speed and the rest of the hotel depends on the volumen and number of people connected at a specific time. Believe me, it is one of our top priorities and we have been struggling with the fiber optic service providers in this area for months.
I know that you have transfered to another AC Hotel in Seville. I believe their higher category and different location will be more suited to your preferences and so I hope you have a wonderful rest of your stay in Seville.

Olga Manalich

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

We took a taxi (8 euros) from the Estacion de Armas bus terminal to this hotel on the northern outskirts of Seville. We used the zigzag ramp next to front door to reach the lobby instead of climbing steep stairs. This hotel is located in a working class-like neighborhood farther north of the more chic hotels in touristy city center where we stayed a week earlier before traveling to explore Malaga Granada Ronda and Marbella. We returned to Seville to catch our plane back to the US. The room is decent. Breakfast is included for elite members. The buffet has the standard components of egg cold cut juices bread yogurt. No in-room coffee maker. But coffee, water, apples and croissants are available free in lobby lounge through the day. The lobby area is quiet abc cozy during the day. There is a supermarket right across street and a beer tapas restaurant down the street. Airport cab fare is a standard 27.18 euros. Front desk helped book. Took 30 min to reach airport.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We just recently stayed at the Ac Hotel Sevilla Torneo, And we can say we really enjoyed our stay !
It might be classify as a 4 star hotel But the service and confort is over and above expectation....
All the employees really took good care of us with a smile !!! Thank you Beatrice and Maribel
Thru our stay, Reyes at the front desk guides us for all our activities and took the time to explain Seville and it’s important landmarks with passion... thank you Reyes For all the time you took care of us !!!
We had a nice room clean and big and the insonorisation was perfect... once the windows were close, you would not hear outside.
This hotel is situated 1.2 km from the Macarena gate which is the beginning of the old town.
There you can also take the Hop On Hop Off bus

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed March 25, 2018

I expect more from Marriott! After a long drive we were met by total indifference! The two people behind the desk couldn’t have cared less about our being there. The young male clerk simply watched as my husband hauled the luggage up the stairs and never bothered to even ask if we needed help. The woman was rather sarcastic as we were having difficulty understanding the parking situation. The hotel is pretty in a very modern style, but as a result there isnt any warmth and the hard surfaces allow you to hear every single footstep, door closing, roller bag being roller etc. The TV remote didn’t work NOR did the internet and we were told we could come down to the lobby if we wanted to get on.
We chose not to eat breakfast since it was very ordinary and expensive. We are long time Marriott people and this disappointed!
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but that’s all I can say.

Room Tip: In all the rooms you can’t help but hear the noise.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeachMWeach
OlgaManalichJ, General Manager at AC Hotel Sevilla Torneo, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear PeachMWeach,

Thank you very much for sharing with other travelers your opinion about your recent stay with us at AC Sevilla Torneo. I am so sorry to hear of your dissappointment with your experience at our Hotel. As you can see by our scores, It is absolutely not reflective of our policy and the general attitude of our staff, who are always trying their best to make everybody feel welcome and at home.

We do have a new gentleman trainee student who has been with us for only one week who is a bit shy, so I think that might have had something to do with it . I will make sure that he is instructed about this incident to help us improve. About the lady receptionist, I'm afraid there may have been some miscommunication about the parking situation, perhaps a bit of a language barrier. We will work on that, too.

I apologize for the technical issue with the TV remote , I hope the front desk solved that incident for you rightaway. About the internet, our system is currently being renovated and at the time of your stay only the lobby floor had the newer, stronger antennas with better reception of the new WIFI signal. Works continue through this coming weeks to improve the existing WIFI on the guestroom floors although there is an internet connection. Sorry if they miscommunicated again and made you think there was only internet in the lobby and not in the rooms,

I hope the rest of your spanish trip has been wonderful and that we have the opportunity to welcome you back at the hotel sometime in the future to have the chance to improve your opinion.

Olga Manalich

Reviewed March 20, 2018

I stayed here on my final night in Seville and regretted not having stayed here the entire length of my stay. In contrast to certain other big name hotels, the AC Torneo is not too far from the center such that it is hard to get to. While there, I was treated very well by the people working the front desk. Additionally, I found the room nicely deocrated and well appointed. The bed and shower were perfect. I will definitely return next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo