“Churros: eaten for breakfast only: do not miss out”
Review of Bar El Comercio

Bar El Comercio
Ranked #109 of 3,157 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We associated churros with dessert, so we were devastated when we found out they are eaten for breakfast. After eating chrurros for breakfast, we ate them every day for the rest of our trip. We dipped them in chocolate, or you can eat them plain (but we never did !!) The serving is generous, and does fill you up. You know you are in local land when no one speaks English !! It gets busy and full so get there early. the beautiful walls filled with traditional and colourful tiles and framed prints. Small, intimate and full of noise and atmosphere. If you like to do what locals do, then this is a must.

Reviewed November 9, 2018

The chocolate is the best and the problem in Spain eating the churros con chocolate is that often the chocolate is no good. It is even served from a packet or nesquik.
Here the churros are not what I like. They are a bit like paper and not the authentic ones I have had all over Spain.
But then I was sort of hinted at that these are the ones in Sevilla. Fair enough but taste wise the original ones go better with the chocolate and are best especially for breakfast but that is only my view which I am quite happy to debate,
These are quickly and cheaply done so many can be served quickly. The Chocolate is very very good possibly some of the best I have had since I was a kid.
Never had such good chocolate anywhere in Vitoria except possibly the outdoor churros vendor.
Manzanilla very good good price and cold. Montadito a bit small very small and expensive for the size. 2,50. You could get one twice as big in many places and 3 euros for an entire breaky with coffee and orange juice so this place does get a lot of tourists coming but also a lot of locals and the waiters are charming like in many places in Sevilla.
There seem to be a lot of tourists everywhere in Sevilla.
I had an issue with the churros here and would like next time to eat them in other Seville venues to compare.
They are too big and not as tasty. Not thick enough but more airified. Containing too much air and not as thick masa.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Our host recommended we go for churros and so we did visit for breakfast. The place gets packed but we sat at the bar and watched the staff yell to one another. It was entertaining. We enjoyed the food and I loved the decor.

Reviewed November 4, 2018

This Seville establishment has been operating since 1904. The bar is very long and narrow so there are people are at the bar and in the queue against the wall waiting to be served. The decor is beautiful with sevillian tiles decorating the walls and a small seating area at the back. You can stand and watch them preparing the dough mix for the churros which is then poured into a machine which pipes them into the huge pan of oil. I was fascinated to watch the large churro ring being deftly sliced into quarters. We made a mistake when ordering, a portion is 2 euros, what we didn't spot was that a portion contains 5 churros so we ended up with 6 portions instead of 6 individual churros!! Because only two of us ordered the guy serving assumed we wanted them to take away so we were handed them in cardboard cartons along with styrofoam cups of chocolate, not what I'd expected! We were told we could still eat them inside but it did spoil the experience. The place is loud and chaotic, the churros were nice but I wasn't very keen on the bitter chocolate. We classed it as something we thought we should try once but probably won't repeat.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018

We came across this bar one evening as we were walking back to our hotel after a long day of being mesmerised by everything Seville has to offer. The bar was packed and the atmosphere emanating from the place was just great. We had already eaten but just had to go inside to see what was happening and what was on offer. As soon as we walked in we loved it. We just stood there soaking up the atmosphere and watching the organised chaos. Got chatting to two young ladies from Canada, (husband and I both in our 60's). Like us they were loving the atmosphere and they told us they were eating Pringa and planned to follow it with Churros and hot chocolate. Sounded good to us but as we had already eaten we reluctantly left with plans to return another day.
On our return visit the atmosphere was not quite as hectic but was still good. Took seats at the bar and ordered Pringa. Service was very quick and efficient. Staff have a lot of banter behind the bar. Great to watch. Pringa was good, never had it before. Like the young Canadians we followed it Churros and hot chocolate. Delicious. I love sweet things so chocolate could have been a little sweeter for me but as it was it wasn't at all sickly. We shared a portion and it was ample. We just loved experiencing these Spanish traditions. Would have gone back again if we had time but there are just so many wonderful places to choose from you are just spoilt for choice. Just so glad we found this little gem.