“Lovely boutique hotel near Seville city centre”
Review of Hotel Holos

Hotel Holos
Ranked #61 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I choose this hotel due to the reviews I read on TA. I was not disappointed at all in fact if anything is surpassed my expectations. We stayed for 3 nights last weekend and it was a perfect base for exploring Seville. The rooms were spotlessly clean and the beds very comfortable. Its quiet location out of the city centre meant for a peaceful nights sleep and a lie in if required. breakfast was simply but sufficient - I particularly enjoyed the traditional Andalusian bread with olive oil and freshly blended tomatoes. Carmen the hotel owner was so very helpful pointing out places to visit which we would never have gone to. Trips to the town centre were simply 5 minutes by bus - number 34 or 3 fare €1.30 single - and a taxi back late at night no more than €10 with tip. I thoroughly recommend this hotel for those who want to add a very personal touch to their visit to Seville

Room Tip: If you want views over the local neighbourhood from the roof terrace choose room 6 or 7
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank adamlh58
BoutiqueHotelHolos, Propietario at Hotel Holos, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Thank you Adam for your kind comments. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

The hotel has an experience of its own. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, wooden decorations made the rooms more homely and cozy. The service from the staff is amazing especially from the owner Carmen (very friendly). The location of the hotel is not central however having walks or a bus ride made the whole experience much more unique allowing us to explore other non-touristic areas.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Toug L
BoutiqueHotelHolos, Propietario at Hotel Holos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Thank you very much for your opinion. I do agree with you in saying that the fact of not being central allows you to discover other interesting areas in Seville. Heliopolis, our neigbourhood, was built for the 1929 Iberoamerican exhibition as small Hotels. Now a days is one of the most beautiful residential areas in Seville. In the way to the center, you will also see the different Pavilions: Guatemala, México, Colombia etc... all Avenida de la Palmera / Paseo de las Delicias finishing with Parque de Maria Luisa where you can see Plaza de España, which was de Spanish Pavilion in the 1929 exhibition. There are a lot of turists who come to Seville without seeing this avenue which is really amazing.

We hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful 2013!

Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

I typically comment wholly on the hotel, but I think it is more appropriate to focus on Carmen, the owner. My girlfriend and I stayed at hotel holos in June. The experience was authentic and lovely, and Carmen's advice and guidance allowed us to have the most wonderful experience you can possibly have in a foreign city. She outlined the best, non-tourist trap restaurants, sites, and experiences. She basically mapped out the city for us and even recommend specific dishes to try at restaurants. Imagine having an amazingly cool Aunt living in Sevilla that welcomes you into her home! Look - if you want luxury and 5 stars, you spend nearly 10x's and go to Hotel Alfonso. If you want a clean, cool, and authentic space with a staff that truly cares and makes sure you have the best experience, go here. Oh and make sure you borrow their bikes and bike around Sevilla - perfect bike paths, much more efficient time wise, totally safe, and fun!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank SteStab
BoutiqueHotelHolos, Propietario at Hotel Holos, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. It is great to see that all the efforts we make to help our guests, are useful and welcome. I do agree with you that biking in Seville is the best choice to move. At this moment we have all the bikes being repaired to start the sunny season with all the bikes working properly. Nevertheless there is also a public service which is cheap and easy to be used while we don't have the bikes at the Hotel.
We look forward to seeing you again in Seville, and please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any kind of help when returning to Spain.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

My wife and I spend 4 nights at the Hotel Holos from which we explored Seville and took a day trip to Cordoba. We had the added bonus of attending a Barcelona v Real Betis football match in the stadium which is close by. The hotel is run by Carmen and her team who are very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Carmen's recommendations for places to visit and eat were spot on. We have very fond memories of our trip to Seville.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
BoutiqueHotelHolos, Propietario at Hotel Holos, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Dear Alan,

It was a pleasure to have you and Anne with us during your staying in Seville. I do appreciate your comments about our Hotel and the staff, this is a good way to see if things a going well or if we have to change or reinforce something in the way we work. Thank you also because this is the only way we have the small hotels to let others know that we exist and to compete with the big Hotels with a lot of money for promotion, advertising etc...

Please don't forget to contact us should you need any kind of advise if you return to Spain.

Un saludo

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Traveling on a road trip with a friend, we spent two nights at Hotel Holos in Seville and had a wonderful time. The owner of the hotel, Carmen, was extremely personable and friendly, and provided excellent information to maximize the potential for our stay.

While it is true the hotel is a bit of a walk from the city center (approx. 45 minutes by foot, 15 minutes by bus), the location does help you feel less like a tourist and more like a local. There is convenient bus service to both downtown and Triana (along with a Nocturnal bus), and with Seville's bike paths, easy to get to by bicycle. While we used the hotel's secure parking nearby (€15 /day), it probably was unnecessary as the residential streets where the hotel is located seemed to have ample parking.

The hotel itself is small and modern, with extremely friendly staff aiming to help you in anyway they can. The rooms themselves were basic, but comfortable, and I appreciated the use of light colored woods to add warmth to the room. The included continental breakfast was light, but a nice way to start the day.

All in all, I highly recommend the hotel especially due to the staff, although if you're in Seville only for a night or are looking for a place to be pampered (with room service, spa, fitness center, etc.), you might be better served staying at one of the luxury or more downtown hotels. Otherwise, if you want to feel more like a local and just have a comfortable place to rest at night, Hotel Holos is perfect.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aram K
BoutiqueHotelHolos, Propietario at Hotel Holos, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

I would like to thank you for giving us your impression about Holos and this helps us to understand how our clients feel when coming to our house. I do agree with you that the Hotel is a little bit fat to go walking to the historical center, and this is one of the reasons why we chose this neighbourhood. Seville is a marvellous city but sometimes is too much: noisy, crowded etc... so I decided a place far enough to be quiet and calm, but also close enough to go to the city center in 15 minutes. This way you also enjoy Avenida de la Palmera, which is one of the most beautiful avenues at least in Spain, full of the 1929 Pabillions. Those who rest only in the center, do not visit this part of Seville which is part of the heritage.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

The Holos looks great. It is well designed, and in a good location, a 10-minute bus ride/20 minute leisurely cycle ride out of the centre of Seville, in Heliopolís, a nice residential area that has a few cafes, supermarkets and bars.

Carmen and her staff are exceptionally welcoming and accommodating. The room I stayed in was quite spacious, the bathroom was huge, and there was a blackout door on the window, which is essential in sunny Seville. There is precious little road traffic noise from outside.

I'll certainly stay there again when I return to Seville.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
BoutiqueHotelHolos, Propietario at Hotel Holos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We hope to see you again in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me should you need some help or advise if you return to Spain: Madrid, Barcelona etc...

Reviewed 27 November 2012

I was nervous about booking in a neighborhood outside the city center, but decided to trust the glowing TripAdvisor reviews that emphasized what a gem Holos is, and I'm glad I did. In fact, I found the location to be an asset, as Seville has a good bus service and safe, abundant bike lanes, and the short ride to town was a pleasure, taking you past fantastic architecture built for the 1929 World's Fair and the beautiful Maria Luisa park. In fact, the other hotels I booked in other Andalucian cities were in the historic town centers, and driving the narrow streets and searching for parking nearby was a big source of stress. At Holos, we found free and unlimited street parking easily.
In addition to agreeing with other TripAdvisor comments on the refreshing modern design, the comfortable bed and high-quality sheets, the quietness, the cleanliness, I have to repeat what a joy the owner Carmen is. We followed her advice on everything from which tapas to eat at which bar, to which sites to see in Córdoba, to how to eat our toast sevillano-style, and we had a more rewarding, "insider" trip thanks to her. Definitely sign up for breakfasts, too, as they are delicious.
Because the Holos is a nearly ideal hotel in my opinion, I will just quickly mention the two things I would change: upgrade the shower curtains to glass panels and use regular old white unscented toilet paper instead of the colors and scents.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mojavejen
BoutiqueHotelHolos, Propietario at Hotel Holos, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. It is a great pleasure for me to spend some minutes with all my clients (when possible) as when you go to a city for the first time, you are a little bit lost and a small help is always welcome. On the other hand, not everybody has the same interests so I enjoy a lot trying to select places and activities which could make you enjoy better your staying in Seville.
About the shower curtain, we only have it in one room (room 4) as we are trying to find a solution to avoid rigid metal structures as well as the airconditioning register which is making this more difficult. Nevertheless this will change in a near future. The rest of rooms have cristal panels in the showers, all taylor made. Regarding the scent toilet paper, most of our clients like it but there are others who prefer white unscent one. You just have to ask for it as we also have it. May be it would be a good idea to put some white toilet paper as well so that it would be up to you whether to use one or the other.
I do appreciate all your comments and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Warm regards