“Impressed in Zaragoza ”

Price range: US$40 - US$67
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Romareda
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

We were heading from Barcelona to San Sebastián by car with my family and decided to have a lunch in Zaragoza, just in the middle of the way. I have checked the reviews and chosen El Chalet as the best option. That was the right choice - the €37 set was more than perfect, especially the beef tartar that was cooked by Angel Conde in front of us! We will come back again for sure!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Went for my 28th. Sat on the terrace in the evening. Lovely service - friendly waiter with good recommendations. We shared the sea urchins and steak tartar. Both were amazing. It´s not cheap but the quality is worth it.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed November 13, 2016

The restaurant is tucked away in a residential area in Zaragoza. The reception is kind and accommodating. Though what we do not understand is why foreigners (my wife is Spanish from Zaragoza, I am Dutch) have to be seated separated from the domestic guests? At first we were brought to a room at the first floor where we would have been alone. In the main dining room at the ground floor there were still plenty of places available and we had made a reservation. Upon our objections we were seated in an annex attached to the main dining room on the ground floor, that could be separated a bit with sliding doors. Needless to say that we felt awkward when one of the sliding doors was indeed partially closed as if we were a problem that had to be isolated. At the end of the evening there were still some tables that were not used at all in the main dining room. For the rest the service was good throughout the dinner.
My wife had a half portion of sea urchin cream that was good but not super. I ordered a full portion of scallops, that was smaller then my wife's plate. Again, good but not super. The main dish of my wife, fideuà torrada was the same. I choose the signature dish of the house, steak tartare and that was really excellent. The chef prepares that to your liking next to your table. Very good. Though the quantity here was not what you would expect from a main dish. All together the dinner was OK, in terms of taste and quality, not in terms of quantity. Notwithstanding that we had a modest bottle of wine of € 20, the check was a nice € 145 for the two of us. In view of what you get that is far overpriced.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed February 7, 2016 via mobile

Service very good, restaurant very nice (formal), food was nice but it depends what you are ordering. We ate the steak tartar because we read they are famous for it. Steak tartar was really good and prepared at the table. Delicious!

Before the steak tartar we ate a herring salad which was a bit disappointing as it didn't have a lot of herring.
We also ate the "foie de pato" with ron. While the salad was really small, almost to small, the foie was a to big plate, even though we ordered the half portion.

What I really liked about this place is that all plates can be ordered in half portions.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed September 16, 2015

This restaurant has very good choice of food (and wine) and even if being a bit expensive the experience I believe is worthy. Place is also very nice and being able to have dinner at garden is the best you can do. Maybe not a place to come every week but totally recommended.

Date of visit: September 2015