“Wonderful birthday treat.”

Price range: US$17 - US$34
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Romareda
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

My family took me here for my birthday. We had one of the tasting menus and the food was fantastic. I have visited the restaurant several times previously and I have never been disappointed. Booking is essential.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,443)

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch and it was very crowded. Except delays and not great service. Food was good , good presentation, desert was delish. We tried pasta with tomatoes, stir vegetables and stuffed eggplant. I would def eat the eggplant again . Overall is nice to meet but would not go back since it was too crowded and the food was good but nothing out of this world.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed March 15, 2018

The food is beautiful to the eyes and the mouth. make sure to try it if you are in Zaragoza. Great place.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed December 19, 2017

I've actually visited this vegetarian several times although I'm not vegetarian myself. But the food is surprisingly good, dishes are very international and the prices are reasonable. I do suggest if possible to go on weekdays, there's less people and they have a menu at a very competitive price.
Just enjoy the experience!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 26, 2017

Finding decent vegetarian food in Spain used to be a challenge: but no longer. Baobab is a very fine example, with a predominantly young clientele, earnestly helpful staff and fabulous food. Serene modern decor and good soundproofing make the place a haven of quiet, where you can savour delicious cuisine and enjoy a proper conversation. Spoiled for choice, I pondered for ages over the menu, eventually choosing, for starter, to share a platter of gyoza dumplings stuffed with pumpkin and shitake mushrooms, with a tangy dipping sauce. As a main course I took the aubergine 'millefeuille' - I would have described it more as a soft strudel - with creamy mushrooms and a tomato salsa, a truly heavenly concoction. I was too full for a dessert, but couldn't resist nibbling at my colleague's choice of quince jelly (membrillo) with a dark-beer cake and cardamom-spiced foam. This is without doubt one of the most enjoyable vegetarian restaurant meals I have ever experienced, and for a ridiculously low price of 55 e for two persons, including a bottle of first-class rioja.

Date of visit: November 2017