“Unbeatable set lunch menu”
Review of Novodabo

Novodabo
Ranked #53 of 1,726 Restaurants in Zaragoza
Price range: US$40 - US$68
Cuisines: Deli, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

Set in a former palazzo, the main dining room is impressively proportioned and well decorated.
The 33 euro set menu began with 4 amuse bouche served on a sizeable chunk of igneous rock. Haricot bean and spider crab soup, steak in a cream sauce on a potato jus superb plus a less successful orange sorbet dessert. Price included a bottle of wine and water. I walked out of the soulless Aragonia Palafox to come here and was delighted I had.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed November 6, 2017

Fine dining at its very best in a former palace on Plaza Aragon. Impeccable service of quality food. Exquisite amuse bouche . We then had prawn risotto followed by acorn fed pork. Did not need a pudding after two substantial plates of food but they looked fantastic. An impressive restaurant at around €50 per head for 2 courses a la carte for 3 of us including a bottle of Aragon red wine. They did have various tasting menus but I never go for them any more - I like to make my own decisions from a menu! We were with two other groups in a rear room as the main room was fully booked by a large group of locals for a dinner. It really don't matter as we were superbly looked after and had a short chat with the chef at the end of the meal. Will definitely return.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Excellent! I’ve been there for a business meeting and everything was perfect! Dishes are well studied and service is top!
If you go to zaragoza you have to try it!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Formal restaurant in old palace. Excellent, technically difficult food beautifully executed. Deserves a *. Great service. Degustation menu for e50 terrific. 7 courses plus bouche amuse.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

We ate here following a recommendation in an article on Zaragoza in The Times or Sunday Times.

We both had the €40 taster menu. There was one at €30 & €50 as well, in addition to al la carte. Five courses plus Amuse Bouche. I had the wine pairing at €15. My wife's glass of house wine was only €3!

Beautifully cooked food. Some dishes were outstanding. Pleasant staff - our waiter spoke fairly good English. I was less than taken with the wine pairing but that's probably personal taste.

I felt the dinning room was slightly stark but, again, that's personal taste. We felt it was good value and would be happy to return when next in Zaragoza.

Date of visit: August 2017