“Fine choice”

Ranked #19 of 78 Hotels in Zaragoza
DC
“Fine choice”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

It is a very nice hotel and I would not hesitate to stay there again. Large room, nice bathroom. No street noise even though I faced a main street because it has those thick windows. Great location in the middle of the old city - an easy walk to main sites and loads of places to eat. Parking garage is underneath hotel - very convenient. They did fail to tell me that if I paid at the desk for my parking, I would get a reduced rate. Lucky for me, the machine in the parking garage did not like my credit card, which brought me back up to the hotel desk to ask about it, and the manager happened to be there and she did inform me and give me the reduced rate. Seemed like it was mainly a busisness person's hotel but served me well as a tourist to the city. They have a sister hotel, the Silken Zentro a couple doors down that also looked nice -- a little more modern inside with nice tvs in the lobby. Would be willing to give that one a try as well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed in Hotel Hotel Silken Reino de Aragon from the 3rd to the 7th of January 2012 with my girlfriend.
The hotel is located in Calle de Coso, which is one of the main street of Zaragoza, just a few meters from the “El Tubo” of Zaragoza.
“El Tubo” of Zaragoza is a maze of streets where you can find a lot of typical restaurants and bars.
The hotel is also near the “Pilar” cathedral and the pedestrian street which goes from the cathedral square.
The room overlooks in a internal courtyard and it was very peaceful.
The price was 66 euro per night for a double room… it’s very honest!!
The bed was very big and the furniture were also modern but nice!!
The breakfast was very nice with a lot of choice: there were a lot of different cakes and brioches!!
In conclusion I suggest you to go to the Hotel Silken Reino de Aragon.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alberto G
Sheffield
Reviewed 30 July 2011

A Silkens Hotel typical of what we experienced in Bilbao and San Sebastian. Very clean and very good quality though the staff weren't very friendly or helpful.
Less than a ten minute walk to El Tubo and Pilar.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Essex
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Great location within easy reach of most of the main attractions. Nice that it had an underground car park that got our car off the street. Beware if you have a big car, however, the car park is a bit tight. The rooms were very stylish, clean & comfortable & had a nice supply of toiletries in the bathroom. Unfortunately there was no tea/coffee making facilities. Comfortable bed. Even though we overlooked the side street, there was lots of street noise at night & the double glazing did little to cut it down. Fortunately we'd read Trip Advisor reviews that this was the case, so came armed with ear plugs that meant we slept well. Breakfast was OK, nothing special but good enough to start the day off. Didn't eat in the hotel in the evening as it was quite expensive but its not easy to find places that look decent & aren't doing tapas. Had a good meal at the Hotel Tibur, right outside the Caesaraugusta Forum Museum in Plaza de La Seo. Staff at the silken reception were quite friendly & helped us get our bearings in the town. Assuming people would be comfortable sleeping in ear plugs, then I'd recommend it & stay here if we came to Zaragoza again.

Room Tip: Take your ear plugs
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
La Habra, California
Reviewed 12 November 2010

We picked this hotel without a reservation for its location first. What a great choice.
As it happened, it was fiesta night in Zaragoza and we found ourselves right in the middle of the action. Room was comfortable, clean and quiet, even though the streets were teaming with revealers all night long.
I parked the rented car one block away while my wife and I went into the lobby and inquired about a room.
While my wife was checking in, I went to the car and the plan was for me to park in their garage and head for the room. All I needed was 2 right turns and there the hotel is. As it turned out, the street was just blocked and I went straight to go one more block. The streets were being barricaded for a parade and I ended up taking an unscheduled tour of the city. What was a small, quaint city grew and grew as the sun went down. I didn’t take a card from the front desk therefore didn’t know the name of the hotel and my wife had my passport and we had no cell phones. After a 2 ½ tour of viewing the various fiesta venues, I found the hotel and found my wife waiting for me on the sidewalk. The hotel staff was helpful and even contacted the police just in case I had an accident. The staff kept checking with my frantic wife all along and helped here wait. After our reunion, we went out of the front lobby and joined the fiesta with the rest of the crowd. It was a the best fiesta ever.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BigLou60
Netherlands
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We booked for Silken Zentro but we were relocated to Silken Reino de Aragon. Too bad. We liked the Zentro better, because the modern atmophere appeals to us much more.
Besides that, there was not much wrong with Reino de Aragon, Silken is fine chain of hotels. But Wifi did not have a very strong signal. And we were situated at streetside at first, because of the noise I asked for another room and got it indeed.
The hotel is too warm, a problem which more hotels have.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PimH
Liege, Belgium
Reviewed 16 November 2008

Some windows are a bit small and some staff don't understand English. But everything else is really OK : nice lobby, 2 lifts, excellent (really big choice!) breakfast, clean rooms with everything you need, decent beds, and a nice central location for visiting the city.

• Liked — Breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — Staff members' English
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)