“Poorly staffed, but nice hotel”

AC Hotel Zaragoza Los Enlaces
Ranked #37 of 79 Hotels in Zaragoza
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Just about a week ago we stayed in room 405 --top floor, very nice and spacious, with a little living room. Upon arrival there was no one to help us with luggage --only one front desk agent answering phones, doing check-ins and everything--, but I didn't mind. The guy was working his behind off, so why burden him with that?! We got a great room, so we were happy. But when sleeping time came... Well, it was windy, which isnt strange in Zaragoza, and apparently there were some lose "items" on the roof which obviously created a lot of noise making it difficult for us to stay asleep. The next day when I approached the front agent on duty, a female, she said that everybody heard the wind and that there was nothing they could do about it. I said, well, there seems to be some lose things up there, which obviously the other guests on the other floors didn't hea. But she refused to see my point andmkept saying tha everybody went brought the same. Well, I gave up. She later offered to switch rooms, but at that point I was done with her, disappointed,frustrated. What really bothered me was tha she didn't even say sorry, not even once, not even something close to it. Then later that day my partner spoke with another agent, and she did admit that there was something lose in the roof causing that noise, the hotel sign. She added that engineers couldn't fix it, only the people who installed it. That night it want windy s we slept well. But the previous night as a nightmare and that front agent didn't even care enough to say sorry. The hotel is nice, but my experience wasn't. Ah, our hallway had a really fol smell, like went to the bathroom right there.

Room Tip: Avoidmthemtop floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 December 2012

After travelling 500 kilometres we arrived last night in 2 degrees temperature to be told the hotel restaurant was closed at weekends. There was no hot food or even a hot drink available. Furthermore, we were only informed of this after we had checked in, charged a further 12 euros for a wifi connection and parked the car under an office block three streets away. We were assured that the restaurant was open for breakfast. It was, ham, cheese, croissant - nothing cooked but at least there was coffee. The wifi connection was supposed to be for 24 hours but only worked once. The receptionist spent 20 mins on the phone to Movistar the get a second connection. The room decor was terrible - black pvc and chrome furniture, wooden floor and plastic coated walls. One robe and one bath towel for the two of us. Four stars - they must be joking!

Room Tip: Highest floor for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Belle P
Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

Very reasonably priced for Zaragoza. Clean, modern rooms. Location is not the greatest for tourists but if you have a car it is just a short 5-10 min drive into town. Many food options within a 10 min walk. Free street parking is available in the vicinity.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank underock
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed here for 1 night en route from Bilbao to the northern costa blanca. We didn't have high expectations because the cost was £45 for the room for the night. We were so surprised that the hotel was as modern and stylishly decorated as it was. The staff were very helpful too. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2011

As we approached the hotel we noticed it had "Marriott" right below AC Hotels. I was quite pleased when I asked the receptionist if in fact it was a Marriott, she said it was, until she saw my Marriott rewards card and said "oh, wait" and handed me a letter. The letter said that eventually they would be a Marriott but at this time award points were not being given out until the full transition was complete :( bummer. As for the hotel it's located in a residential area with a coffee shop AKA Tapas Bar directly across the street. This almost seems more of a business traveler style hotel. Check in was smooth and flawless with a smile every step of the way. Secured underground parking is available across the street in the apartment homes. Driveways are narrow so a large car or van may be a bit tight to maneuver in there. The hotel rooms are very clean, spacious and larger than your typical European hotel room. No connecting rooms, so if traveling with kids be aware of that. Restroom are spacious as well. A/C works extremely well, I had to turn it off at night, I rarely have to do that. The beds are standard European beds which means don't expect anything great, but are comfortable to European standards. Hopefully when they make the full transition to Marriott, the beds will be upgraded as well. the hotel restaurant for breakfast is really good. Internet "Wi-Fi" was substandard and not really good, it 20 euro per 24hr period, with one pc allowed. Seems high since the quality is not really good. They have European style breakfast with great variety probably one of the best I've seen. Eggs, toast, Serrano ham, cereal, coffee, fruit juices, just to name a few. Check out was just as quick and efficient. Overall I was very pleased, driving into the city center takes about 15 minutes by car. I would stay here again if I was not planning on visiting the city center.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The staff here were very nice and helpful - we had the car with us (parking across the road, drop your car off outside the hotel and ask at reception as you can leave your car for 15-20 mins).

Free coffee area was a very nice touch.

The rooms were excellent, slightly shocked that they still use CRT TV`s in the rooms considering how modern the hotel is - you would expect a nice modern LCD TV

Location - we paid 8 EUR each way for a taxi into the centre, however there does seem to be regular buses running if you choose to take one instead.

We considered Zaragoza merely a "stop over" however we loved the city and stayed an extra night! (In a different hotel, see review of Silken Zentro Zaragoza)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2010

The hotel was nicely located. Close to the conference center and within walking distance to the old part of town.
The room was spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable. A/C worked well.
The staff at the reception was generally friendly, some more than others.
The only concern I had was that when I came in into the hotel the lobby had a strong smell. This smell seemed to build up during the day and dissipate at night... However, the room had no smell whatsover!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business