“Better than expected”

Bokoto Zaragoza
Ranked #67 of 1,744 Restaurants in Zaragoza
Price range: US$23 - US$45
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Traveling through the Pyrénées and stopped in Zaragoza on our way back to Madrid. We craved sushi and so tried this place. It was much better than expected for an inland city this size. The service was also very good.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Second visit to Bokoto and i believe its best sushi in Zaragoza. Writing while im still eating. We were welcomed without any reservation as table for Two. Started with edamame and salmon sashimi accompanied with bottle of José Pariente Whit Wine recommended by the waiter. Followed by Sake Roll of 8 pieces (each 4 done in different roll) was perfectly rolled and fresh taste, followed by Hanabi Roll Maki (recommended) and fried rice. Place is great and food better

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2018

Friendly waiters who met us half way on our terrible spanish (sorry) and did a great job on helping us out in English (thank you!) Made a lovely G&T at the table for my partner and helped with advice on quantities/recommendations. Food quality was good - some tasty dishes. Tempura combo dish was well made. We also had dorada sashimi, salmon tartar, spicy tuna rolls. Only let down was the pork (cerdo) gyoza which were worse than we can make at home from frozen gyoza. Otherwise a decent meal.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed February 11, 2018

Nearly 1 and a half years after my first review I decided to give this restaurant another chance, after all there aren't many Japanese restaurants in town and I was craving for it. And good that I did so, as the experience was so good that it has prompted me to write a second review on it.
As I advice on my first review, ask not to be sit at the entrance of the restaurant in winter, I saw a couple eating with their coats on. We were sit towards the end and it was nice and warm over there.
I went with my family and I ordered for everyone as I'm a bit more savvy on Japanese food. I went for a wide selection of salads, jakitoris, tempuras and lots of weird sushis.
The service was brilliant, the waitress carefully explained us every dish, and all of them were delicious. My favourite one was one with beef and goat cheese, I can't remember its name; the only week link was their yakitori, I have tried this watering soft bites in Japan and they are very tender, bokoto's jakitori was much tougher, perhaps too thick. They also removed from the menu the crappy ramen soup I had last time.
The wine was also pretty good for the price. For around 35 to 40€ each we ate lots and lots of good quality sushi. The whole experience gets 5 stars and I hate giving 5, I'll be back.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 8, 2017

Parents were visiting so we took them for something different. The waiter was fun and friendly, made them feel special. Food was great as always. I was suprised to find the veal roll was delicious! Another great night in Bokoto!

Date of visit: December 2017