“Unexpected hike..lol”
Review of Monte Naranco

Monte Naranco
Ranked #4 of 73 things to do in Oviedo
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

I love this region of Spain! So my son and decided to go out for a quick walk to the local park nearby to think about what we will do for the day, and my son notices a large figure atop the mountains...it didn't seem far..so I said let's go check it out! For me it was the best unexpected hike ever...it took us 3 hours to get the there, but what we discovered along the way was amazing...there is much to see, it was like a mini adventure/exploration! I would do it again wit out a second thought. Once you arrive to the top, you will see why every step was worth it. Love Nature

3  Thank TravelingAnana
"bike"
"hill"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 5, 2018

Despite visiting the city on more than 10 occasions this was my first time visiting the monument. As I had a hire car I chose to drive up, almost to the top. The drive wasn't too bad but you need to be looking at all angles to check for mountain bikes.
It was certainly with the visit. It was great to look down on the city and spotting different landmarks.
Of course if you are more adventurous there are some great hiking and bike trails too.
One pleasant surprise was that it was not commercial. I was expecting a small souvenir stall all something, but it was more natural not to have this.

1  Thank BennyBlue
Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

Ok, I did the hike. It was really challenging and I wasn't sure that I'd make it to the top. It's not the easiest climb, but I took a few stops and kept pushing. The view is absolutely amazing, even in the afternoon. There are picnic tables at the top if you want to eat lunch after your hike!

1  Thank sgriff0
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Breathtaking views and this monument is just amazing. This statute can be seen from the city. It is on the highest point of the town. I found this monument randomly. As I was driving through town I can see the monument and I kept driving until I reached it. It was well worth the adventure.

1  Thank _erika_realtor
See more reviews
Reviewed September 30, 2017

It is worth to visit so you can see the whole of Oviedo from the highs, especially on a clear day. And then you can go down the road and visit Santa Maria del Naranco. If you go by car, be mindful that there is very limited space, so if you enjoy a walk around, you can do a hike. I think it takes around an hour by foot.