See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was a great way to spend two nights in Vitoria. The accommodation maintains the theme of the little dress-making factory of its origins by its interesting wall decorations. The location is near the old part of the city and over-looking a prominent town square.
As other visitors have said, it was hard to locate and then difficult to park to unload. However, Maria did all she could to be helpful - including carrying both our large cases upstairs as we went off to park. Then the 8 Euro per day public car park was accessible.
Our advice about arrival if there are two of you in a car would be to find the approximate location of the hotel, one of you seek directions from a helpful Vitorian whilst the other stays in the car ready to shuffle it about. This arrangement might not have friendly responses in parts of the UK but the cheerful local populace here are tolerant.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the square.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank missiwata
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had read some bad reviews here , but found this place to be utterly charming.
It is right in the middle of the city, so walk to places and nice just to come back and relax.
The women there( think she is the owner ) was helpful... with her limited English. She kindly informed me that there was going to be a festival on ( Garlic ) when I was there ... so the town was very busy. Fantastic town, will definitely come back here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Galapita
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Most first-time visitors come to V-G to see the medieval area. La Casa's location is inside a historic landmark, facing the Plaza de la Virgen Blanca and right next to the San Miguel church. It is the best location for walking around the medieval area, shaped like a nut and therefore referred to as 'la almendra' (the almond).

We reserved our room through Booking.com. A few days before our arrival, I rec'd an email from La Casa with some very useful info re: a specific address to give to the taxi driver. By driving up to the Cuesta de San Francisco 1, you can wheel your luggage up to the door of the building and avoid the main stone staircase from the Plaza. That will save your energy for the unavoidable haul up 3 shallow flights of stairs to the top floor of this historic building. In the email, the manager asked me for my expected arrival time. I'm glad I noticed her email and replied to her. She seems to be the only person there and when she goes out, the door is locked. Since she knew our arrival time, she was there waiting for us. She even offered to help carry our luggage up the stairs.

Our room, no 8, was on the top floor. Spacious and well-lit, with a nice, modern bathroom. The lounge and breakfast room has a free computer and comfy sofas. If we had taken all 3 upstairs rooms, it would have felt like we had rented a whole house. Free wifi was available throughout.

After check-out, I asked if we could leave our luggage since there was no luggage storage at the train station. The manager welcomed us to do and gave me a set of keys so I could let myself in and leave when I wanted. This generous touch was greatly appreciated as we had a late afternoon departure. We ended up spending an hour in the lounge, using the free computer and wifi.

My only gripe is that you need 3 keys (main door of building, door to La Casa and door to your room) and the 2nd lock is a bit tricky to open. It took me 3 attempts to open the door. One really needs to have the dexterity of a safecracker to 'feel' for the position the lock needs. As in many hostals and pensions, there is no attendant late at night. After midnight, we could hear someone banging at the door, trying to get in.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gigis_mum
Reviewed March 5, 2012

If only for the central location, charming staff and superb mattress we will return. Add to this chic but functional contemporary design,quality bedding, fascinating period architecture and value for money = a formula that is hard to beat . Limited hotel parking, but public parking in V-G is plentiful and inexpensive. We had room 1, a massive and luxurious bathroom, french doors on two sides of the room, one opening onto a traditional enclosed balcony - both with fascinating views. Having stayed on a weekend evening there was some noise late into the night, but not enough to alter our view that this B&B is well conceived and run. We will definitely book again.

Room Tip: Room 1 has views onto two sides of the hotel and a lovely enclosed balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Our friends from Vitoria-Gasteiz recommended us this hotel and as we totally trust their choice we booked it (directly, not using booking.com or any other website as directly appeared to be cheaper). At first we booked 5 nights but later when our friends planned a trip out of Vitoria we asked to change the booking from 5 nights to 2+2 with a day interval, I expected that it could be a penalty cause we asked to change the booking too late but it was ok and without any charge. Most people say that this hotel is difficult to find and, frankly speaking, I think we really could spend much more time searching for it by ourselves, thanks God our friends knew where it is. Yet the location is just perfect - whenever you’d like to go as you’re in the Casco Viejo you’re close to everything - sightseeing and lots of cafes, restaurants. It’s prefect even if you want just to be out and sit in a shadow with an old local man on a bench to chat about how is it going on everything, and be sure he’d give you useful info such as all museums in Vitoria are free of charge etc (we were lucky to meet that senor en el Plaza de Espana )
As we had a booking 2+2 we had two different rooms for every 2 days of staying – the 1st on the 1st floor and the 2nd up, with a window in a roof and with a view on a church clock. Both rooms are designed very well and we liked that very much. The most important moment is that the 1st room’s window went to a very crowdy street (remember that the hotel is in the center?? And it was Friday actually when all of citizens want out for ‘’ir de copas’’ and it was extremely noisy outside)) but it was a good surprise that in the room you can hardly hear all that noise because of perfect sound isolation – as for my previous experience all hotels in old parts of towns (like in Tallinn, Estonia) are with very bad isolation.
Unfortunately we didn’t have time to check how the breakfast are good but they cleaned the rooms very good. And the stuff was very kind, friendly and helpful as well ))

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends