Our recent February trip was disrupted due to snow & we were unable to do our planned coastal drive. We stayed an extra day in Soller but found it expensive & a little quiet so we added a day on to our 3 day Groupon break at Santa Clara. We were not disappointed.
The hotel is really well located near the cathedral, in the old part of the city - not so great if you have a car but you really don't need one as it's so close to the airport & you can easily walk around the city. Our room was spacious, loft style with white furniture & bright accents. Unlike other island hotels we had everything we wanted - fridge, tea-coffee facilities, great shower room, huge room & bed & not forgetting the HEATING...only thing missing was the view!
To compensate for lack of view we had a small internal courtyard with space to sit. Great views to be had from the breakfast room & the roof terrace though eventually the "musac" on the latter got too much for us. Staff were lovely, very helpful & knowledgeable with perfect English - a big help as our Spanish is iffy to say the least.
We got to know the city better & enjoyed the restaurants of Marc Fosh, especially "Simply". We can also recommend a nearby bistro, Las Olas, serving french food by day & Cambodian by night. Don't miss Mercat Olivar about 15 mins away & pick up slices of meats & cheeses for your at home tapas.
Can highly recommend a city break in Palma & Santa Clara, not the cheapest hotel or city but so convenient from most UK airports & so much variety. If you see another Groupon for this then snap it up, it's great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests fall in love with Palma, with our hotel, the charm of the old town and the beautiful views from our upper terrace. Come stay at Santa Clara Hotel to enjoy the proximity of the 10th century Arab baths, the Gothic Cathedral and the other host of attraction around the old town. Our hotel offers 4 star luxury rooms and suites with high ceilings, rustic stone walls and views to the surrounding sights of the old town. Relax in our urban spa featuring a Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath or try one of the massage and beauty treatments. We also provide a conference room equipped with audio-visual equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Clara Urban Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Clara Urban Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Santa Clara Urban Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Santa Clara Urban
- Santa Clara Urban Hotel & Spa Palma De Mallorca, Majorca, Spain