“Invasion of the college students!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palma de Mallorca
Tobago Hotel Majorca
Ranked #64 of 74 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After a very good stay at this hotel in Sept 2012 we decided to come back as it was a suitable hotel and location to bring my 82 year old mum for a relaxing holiday. HOW WRONG COULD WE BE? We arrived on Friday 13th June and were soon invaded by very large groups of college students here to party after the end of their exams. The noise is constantly loud from either the students or the music that the hotel play from beside the bar. The only quiet time is from about 7am til about 11am as most of them are sleeping. So far we haven't had a decent nights sleep as they hang around the pool area after the bar shuts at 11pm. Some them go off to the local night spots, shouting and singing as they go. Around 4 am they start returning, still noisily talking and shouting. Then the furniture seems to get moved about. At 5.45 am this morning I was woken by my next door neighbours talking really loudly. I sent for the security guard who knocked on their door and shut them up.
If you want a drink from the only bar that is open be prepared to queue. They send a few people up to the bar and then once they are near the front of the queue, more join them and loads of drinks are ordered. I have taken to telling the new comers to get to the back of the queue. To get a drink before the bar shuts at 11pm I had to queue at 10.20pm and wait for 20 minutes.

The food is not as good as 2012. Often not very hot and the choice is somewhat limited.

The staff are very nice and helpful apart from the fact that the Manager is only available from 12 noon til 9pm. Not much use when you need to complain about the noise and behaviour of the students at 11 pm.

Around the pool after lunch time is like an out of control kids playground. Students on mass ( at least 200 students!) shouting up and down from the balconies, kicking balls all over the place, running round and throwing each other in the pool. My poor mum nearly got knocked over yesterday whilst trying to return to our corner, as far from the mayhem as we could get.

We wait to see what the manager has to say when he puts in an appearance at noon. Our thoughts as well as several other couples who are also suffering the same fate, is that the hotel should not book in couples and families at the same time as masses of rowdy student who just want to party.

I will update with the outcome of the meeting with the Manager.

Room Tip: Better view from about 5th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 June 2014

well where to start .arrived 30 may at 4 pm ,there was no food left so had to wait till 7,30 for something to eat ,food was cold ,good job theres a microwave at hand to warm things up ,get to the room which was clean and nice, looking over the pool NOT GOOD,no hairdryer in room or iron but you can hire them so better take your own with u ,you cant get a drink threw the night or until 7..30 in the morning so if you like a cuppa when u wake up you have to wait . food was average but chips for every meal is not on ,food more all less the same for every meal .
the pool is ok but there are loads of people drunk around the pool all day not an ideal place for children plus many of the blokes were swearing a lot ,there were loads of groups of young girls and men drunk and singing till 6 in the morning so not much sleep for a week ,mostly en and stag nights ,this place is not for people who need a quiet holiday and needs to be changed to a 18/30 holiday place. its 2 mins from the magaluf strip,so very noicy its bn a awfull week and theres no positive things to say ,some people may difer with my review ,but its my appionion ,
also theres no entertainment on at night so very boring ,
hair conditioning also not very good .we spoke to a lot of people especially some of the older ones and they said exactly the same as us and to very disappointed ,if we had booked for 2weeks there was no way I would have stayed there ,NEVER AGAIN .
oh and there are two bars at this hotel and the one in side was never open so the pool bar was the only place you could get a drink and that's from 11 in the morning .
and at night the prostatutes come out and were outside the hotel all night .

Room Tip: not a room over looking the pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I came here with my girlfriend for one week. And everything was excellent, the staff was friendly, the food was delicious (although there were alot of fish dishes and I am not a very fish guy), the location was very good the beach is one minute walk away (beach is clean with smooth sand) All in all I will absolutely come here again. A+++

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank ArmantasLT
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was our secound stay at the Tobago. This is a lovely hotel located between Palma nova and magaluf. The view is amazing looking right over palma nova beach. The AI drinks were great spirits, wines, cocktails and beer. The food was also great never had to eat out always plenty of choice. This hotel has defiantly improved since the last time we visited back in 2012. The hotel rooms are very clean and spacious. We will return yet again in 2015.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IRELANDSouthWales
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just came back from the Tobago hotel, been there for eight nights ,the hotel is very clean, ,bar staff was good to, The only thing which leaves this hotel down is the cold food ,,not once did I see management walking round checking food ,On the last day we went down for early breakfast at 7.30 in the morning because of early flight ,the beans, were cold coming out ,I will go back to this hotel if only they could keep the food warm .
Also the price of the safe for the room is not cheap 3 euros day .plus 15 euro depoist

Room Tip: Nice views from the hotel ,to the beach
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 497alan
Reviewed 1 November 2013

cheap holiday, nice location, food was ok, fish every day but i'm not fussy on fish. Bar staff were the best thing about this hotel. The MAJOR COMPLAINT I got is, I came home with LUMBS on my BODY went to the DOCTOR and he said they were BED BUG BITES. WONT BE GOING BACK THERE.

Room Tip: don't have room 25 BED BUGS
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrew180
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Me n a mate stayed here after been moved due to a double booking !! It was awful half board n food was really bad fish every night party sausages for breakfast no real meat !! It tasted cheap n nasty most food was Spanish only thing we ate was chips . We were 24 years old n most were 40.s 50.s 60.s who stayed here we got shhhhh'ed on a night HELLO ITS MAGALUFF U IDIOTS !! Staff were lovely tho that's only thing that was nice we got a degraded room!! Basic with a plug hanging out the wall very dangerous

Only that 1 plug in the room we got moved after I kicked off to a better room but again very standard !! Wouldn't go back to that boring hotel with awful food !!!

• Stayed: September 2013