“Great Place to Kickstart a Holiday”
Review of Purobeach

Purobeach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 23, 2015

We reserved a couple of poolside beds well in advance for the first Sunday of our holiday. We’re glad we did as it appeared a “sell out”.

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect and had fears it would be a bit tacky and full of posers. My fears were quashed immediately, however, when greeted by the relaxed-dressed, cool looking dude who appeared to be running the floor. The vibe was good and the attendees were mixed in all sorts of categories.

Once shown our beds and presented with some cold water and fresh fruits, we were left to it. There wasn’t any fake fussiness from the other staff tending the pool area and I was pleasantly surprised by the laid back-ness of it all.

A slight concern started creeping in as I lay back on my sunbed for the first time; the proximity of the airport. There were some funky beats playing in the background but they were almost extinguished by the sound of the 747’s passing over every 5min.

I worried this was going to be an ever present repetitive drone that spoilt the atmosphere and vibe but, genuinely, I zoned it out after about 30min. I hardly noticed it at all for the rest of the day. I’d encourage everyone to just go with it at the start. Once you’ve got the sun drenching you, the DJ playing and a couple of glasses of fizz down you, you’ll forget about the airport. Honestly.

We signalled one of the waiting staff once an acceptable hour for drinking alcohol had been reached and I was, again, surprised by their friendliness. A few beers down and the introduction of the live DJ just ramped up the pleasureometer.

We took a break from the laid back relaxing to grab a bite from the ‘Miami Grill’ menu. There were a selection of proteins available straight from the BBQ and a range of sides and salads. It was buffet-style so we could help ourselves. We had to be seated inside as the outside tables had been booked. If I’d known I’d have reserved, but it was pleasant enough anyway. The food met the brief and was nice enough.

We retreated back to our beds and lay, drank, tapped our toes and dipped in the pool merrily until almost 7pm. The music was excellent and I came away with a list of some absolute cracking tracks from the DJ.

The entire experience was well worth the relatively high bill and it was the perfect start to our holiday. We tried to book for another day but all the poolside beds were reserved and 65 Euro for one of the ocean-facing beds was a bit of a step too far in price, in my opinion. I think some of the beds looked ace, but I actually enjoyed people-watching by the pool. Much better value at 35 Euro per head as well.

So; reserve in advance, zone out the air traffic, reserve an outside table for food and prepare yourself for a bit of a bill. It’s worth it.

1  Thank RM_and_GB
Lorena F, Manager at Purobeach, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2015

Many thanks for leaving such a detailed and nice feedback. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our MIAMI GRILL event we are holding every second Sunday in summer. In fact in high season depending on the direction of the wind you can hear the planes, but as you already have mentioned in your comment, normally clients do only notice that when they arrive. It's just too relaxed and nice by the pool with our resident DJs playing cool beats. We hope you decide to visit us soon again!

All reviews
"mallorca"
in 14 reviews
"cava"

Reviewed July 7, 2015

I really like this beach and the sea is great for a swim. We paid 16.05 euro per day for two beds and a shade. So between two was ideal as we stayed there most of the day. The only thing that was a bit annoying was the endless fruit sellers and massage people peddling. That's said I just ignored them. Brilliant for all ages

1  Thank Wend37
Lorena F, Manager at Purobeach, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2015

We are glad to hear that you like our small beach in front of our club. Maybe next time you would like to visit our restaurant or bar terrace for some cold drinks or coffee, you are more than welcome! We do also have sun beds by the pool where you can spent a relaxing day and enjoy our beautiful views!

Reviewed July 1, 2015

The place is absolutely gorgeous ! We have stopped during a bike tour, staff was super friendly, drinks were very good, and the situation is incredible (Just next to the water, with a huge pool in the middle of the bar/restaurant). Furthermore, all this white around you is very peaceful.

I totally recommend this place during your trip in Palma.

Lorena F, Manager at Purobeach, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2015

Thank you for leaving a positive comment about our club. We are very proud of our location and white decoration which is in fact extraordinary! Maybe next time you would like to try also our restaurant or spent a relaxing day at our pool. Would be great to see you soon again!

Reviewed June 24, 2015

Lovely water excellent for kids, shallow and clear they even put markers where the rocks are just in case

Lorena F, Manager at Purobeach, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2015

Thank you for leaving an opinion on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you like our small beach in front of our club. Maybe next time you would like to visit our restaurant or bar terrace for some cold drinks or coffee, you are more than welcome!