1,988 results
All reviews red level clarins toiletries dry bar star hotel pool area old town side sea view lovely hotel cathedral view turn down service an upgrade bar prices terrace bar salt water premium room busy road palma centre
Reviewed January 1, 2017

From start to finish this was pure luxury at its finest. I have never experienced customer service like this! Beautiful building, superbly clean , great restaurant with really lovely menu. Maria & Sabrina in the red level area were so helpful, kind and friendly and really looked after us, recommending places to go , and eat etc. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I have stayed in nearly all of the 5* hotels in Mallorca but this truly beats them all. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Will definitely be going back

Mr & Mrs Short

Room Tip: If your budget allows, Room 528 is a must! Fantastic views
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MandyS2098
maria jose g, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Melia Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2017

Dear Mandy S,

My name is María José Guerra and I am the RedGlove Service Manager.

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for staying at the Gran Meliá Victoria and writing such a superb review afterwards recommending our hotel to all your friends and the Trip Advisor community.

We really appreciate reading that your Gran Meliá Victoria experience was from start to finish pure luxury at its finest and that our establishment is one of the best hotels you have ever stayed in Mallorca. Your kind words fill us with joy and make us feel proud of our work.

We are truly delighted to see that the service provided by our staff, and specially by Sabrina and me from the RedGlove Service department, met and exceeded your expectations as it was our true pleasure to take care of you during your visit.

Furthermore, we would like to thank you also for your positive comments about your room and its amazing views to the Marina and the Cathedral, as well as for highlighting the menu of our restaurant IKATZA, our breakfast selection and the RedLevel area.

It will be wonderful to have you again in our hotel, so please if you are planning to come to Palma de Mallorca in the future, you must know that the Gran Meliá Victoria family will be waiting for you.

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

Absolute quality well presented,beautiful hotel and staff,well deserved 5 star rating !! Very grand and regal,rooms of the highest standards.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this beautiful hotel to any travellers and at only €360 for a family room on NYE they obviously don't rip you off.
Special thanks to Alejandro on reception for all your assistance.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Elawton1

Dear Elawton1,

My name is María José Guerra and I am the RedGlove Service Manager.

I would like to thank you for choosing Gran Meliá Victoria and for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback with all the TripAdvisor users.

It is magnificent to read your review highlighting that the Gran Meliá Victoria is a beautiful and well-presented hotel and that the rooms are of the highest standards.

Also we are more than happy to read that you would not hesitate in recommending our beautiful hotel to any travelers and that the service provided by our staff was to your fullest satisfaction, specially Alejandro on reception, to whom we have forwarded your message and is more than happy to receive your positive and gratifying opinion.

Your comments motivate us to keep working in the same direction to continuously improve our product and services.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back again , hopefully in the not too distant future and we remain at your entire disposal.

Maria José Guerra
Redglove Service Manager

Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

I usually review restaurant rather than hotels unless they are outstanding and this hotel I can only describe as outstanding.

The rooms, lounges, views and service are all fantastic. Reception/ concierge deserve a special mention. Nothing is too much trouble. They went beyond the call of duty when arranging a day tour of the north west part of the island. We had a taxi driver chosen by the hotel. We paid an hourly rate. The concierge made sure he was not only able to speak English but also had an excellent knowledge of the places we went to. He had a suggested itinerary which was superb.

Bar food, drinks and breakfast all very good--if a little expensive but worth it. It would be someone very picky who could criticise this hotel. However not inexpensive but I suppose you get what you pay for.

Will definitely return for another holiday with my wife and two grown up children for the time in between Christmas and the New Year. Usually we go to Bruges this time of year and now I can say without doubt we will be returning here to this hotel and the way I feel about it , it could be years to come.

We didn't tip as I had the feeling it was not appropriate as I would have felt awkward doing so. Having said that if management do respond perhaps I could know the protocol for our next visit.

Cannot recommend highly enough.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 969jonathand

Dear Jonathan,

My name is María José Guerra and I am the RedGlove Service Manager.

In the first place, I would like to thank you for your great review and for sharing your recent experience at Gran Meliá Victoria with the TripAdvisor community.
I am thrilled to hear that you had an outstanding stay among us. We always do our best to make your time with us a memorable one, so it is very delightful to read that your guest room and the lounges were all fantastic, as well as the breakfast selection, food and bars.

On top of this, we are more than glad to know that the service provided by our staff, specially our receptionists and concierges were of your liking and to your fullest satisfaction. At Gran Meliá Victoria, everyone in my team is very passionate about delivering only the very best and personalized service at all times, to ensure all guests feel special and valued. Rest assured, that I will pass your wonderful feedback on to my team.

In reference to your doubt, the tipping etiquette in Spain says that a tip is considered always as a reward for good service

It is an honour to read that you will come back with your family next year and stay with us at Gran Meliá Victoria, your second house in Palma de Mallorca.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to write such lovely review about you stay with us.

Reviewed December 28, 2016

Our 3rd stay in this classic 5 star hotel. It is not perfect but the staff make up for the imperfections and we will most probably stay again. Our room, deluxe side sea view, was too hot for any comfort, it was December 8th and the weather was excellent and sunny. Unfortunately the sun shone all day directly into the room and at this time of the year there is no a/c only heating. Next day we were moved to a similar room (634) on the other side of the hotel and this was shaded from the sun. Perhaps a shame to shut the sun out but now the room was very comfortable. If you book directly on the website you will receive 20 E per day to spend in the bar but not if you book through an agent. It will not go far as a very good gin and tonic is 15 E. but better to have it than not. Breakfast is excellent and eggs cooked to order. There is a walkway directly down to the Paseo and about 20 minutes walk to the cathedral. It is not likely to be suitable for anyone with restricted mobility. Anyway we enjoy this hotel and look forward to another visit.

Room Tip: 6th floor with view of cathedral works for us.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
maria jose g, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Melia Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2017

Dear Blueqq,

My name is María José Guerra and I am the RedGlove Service Manager.

In the first place, we would like to thank you for your great loyalty to the Gran Meliá Victoria and for sharing your recent experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor.com.
We are truly delighted to see that you enjoyed the time with us once again and that you were happy with the other room that we offered you. Thank you also for your positive comment about the views from your rooms and our breakfast selection. More than happy to read that you were pleased with all.
We have forwarded your excellent feedback to our team, who were more than happy to receive your positive and gratifying opinion. It is always our purpose to make our guests take great memories back home, so it is excellent to read that that you would visit us again.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at your second house in Palma. Our team will be pleased to welcome you and offer you another unforgettable experience.

Reviewed December 22, 2016

I write this review truly with a heavy heart because this is my second experience with Gran Melia and what a let down it has been. My holiday last summer was very good, thus the reason for my return this year, however, its nothing like last time. The hotel was truly crowded, getting a sunbed was a massive issue, getting staff members to answer my requests was a pain, I could barely sleep as I could hear doors slamming all night on my floor. Sadly i wont be returning.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank DonVan45
maria jose g, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Melia Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2016

Dear DonVan45,

My name is María José Guerra and I am the RedGlove Service Manager.

First of all, we would like to thank you very much for choosing again Gran Meliá Victoria on occasion of your trip to Palma de Mallorca.

We truly regret that this year we could not live up to your expectations and we are sad to learn about the left impression of our hotel and specially the issues related to our swimming pool. Your comments are a very valuable source of information for us. Be certain that we have taken good note of it for future improvements.

We really hope that you will give us another chance to show you that we can live up to your expectations and meet the Gran Meliá standard in all areas.

Warmest regards,