“Great Night out”
Review of Music Hall Tavern

Music Hall Tavern
More attraction details
Owner description: Music Hall Tavern - MHT shows are now on 4 of the Canary Islands. Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote. The funniest night of your holiday can be found at one of our shows. If you have had the pleasure of experiencing one of our shows then please leave a review on here to show everyone how much a night at the MHT can enhance and make their holiday more memorable and entertaining.
Glenrothes
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Night out”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

had a great night out would recomend it to any one not smutty just a great show

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Alan d

Oxford, England, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“best night out in lanzarote”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Easily the best night out in lanzarote! I had been twice before while in lanzarote but this time took my two children aged 8 and 11.They loved it so much we booked for the monday night divas show as well as we got a discount for having already been.I do prefer the saturday night show as its funnier but both shows are worth a look.the stars are a great laugh and always willing to pose with you for photos.the foods not the best but do buy the gold package as for a bit extra it gives you unlimited drinks all night and no need to keep getting your money out to pay whilst watching the show.i will be returning to lanzarote later in the year and will certainly be going for a fith time.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank June P
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Waste of my hard earned money, dont recommend to anybody!!!!!”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Myself my partner and my little boy of 10 years paid for an excursion to the Music Hall Tavern, Puerto Del Carmen, which we purchased from our Thompson representatives....
The total cost of the trip was 110 Euros....
We arrived to a shabby looking fire escape which led us up onto a terrace then to the hall, near the entrance was a porch where we had a photo taken with two of the Drag queens, the porch was dropping in bits, paintwork, inside and out of building was grubby looking. The whole of the venue wanted a severe makeover!!!
We got shown to our table and we was right in the far left corner, furtherest away from the stage and could not even see the stage... My son was the only child there and they sat us in the most rediculus place....
We were sat upon rows of large tables,crockery chipped and stained, poorly laid with no nice gestures, i.e candles etc!!!!! right above my head a music speaker, the music was that loud before the queens came on you could not hear yourself think. Music was playing a third of the night, so it was very dissapointing as the drag night waskind of cut short and the evening more like a glorified pub with bellowing music. The 3 course meal was horrendous, clap cold soup, stale bread, no sideplates too put bread on, Chicken for main, very dry, full of bones, 3 canarian potatoes and side salad, even my son had to pick his way though bones he had chicken and chips, profiteroles for dessert!!!!!!

The drag queens spent alot of time talking to audience about line of employment rather than providing us with any show turns!!!!! I would not recommend this venue too anybody young or old, my son was sat right next too an electrical socket which had all been roven from the wall and bare wires hanging out of it, the velvet curtains were grubby looking and dropping in bits, the whole place wanted condeming!!!!!

For what we had paid the entertainment was sparce, we seemed to wait absolutely ages for the evening to start, music pumping out so you could not hear other people taslk to you on the table, had we of not booked this through our reps, and gone off our own back, we would of left at half time.... Several other couples felt the same, and they too said they would complain!!!!There was a section of the show that was quite crude, and it turned into abit of an embarrasing moment for alot, elderly people dont wish too hear that sort of banter, I'm sure time could of been made by performing a diff scene.

Overall the excursion is a complete waste of money and a complete let down to Thompson Holidays for even trying too sell such an excursion!!!! It wants taking of there system and maybe somebody thats involved with checking out venues, wants too be going to inspect the hall, if i was a health & safety officer, it would be closed down I'm afraid..
The next day at our hotel, I saw a lady and gentlemen that had gone too, the gentlemen said upon return back to England he would be writing onto the Trip Advisor...

I have been to drag night prior, and too Funny Girls in Blackpool paid half as much and had a really good entertaining night out, I begrudged paying 30 Euros for my 10 year old, when he could not see a damn thing.....And is only 4ft!!!

Think twice before going on this shabby night out.

M Bailey
Silsden
West Yorkshire

Visited January 2012
6 Thank Mandy B
Portrush, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Total waste of money and one night of our holiday”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

My partner and I were adamant that the one thing we wanted to do during our week long holiday in Lanzarote was to go to the Music Hall Tavern in Puerto del Carmen due to comments made by friends and family that it was “the best night ever”.

I was aware prior to booking, from reviews on here, that the food was not of fantastic quality but that was really the least of our worries……

We travelled there by coach which was met by staff from the Music Hall who guided us to the venue where we had our pictures taken with two of the “ladies” prior to entering. I have to say, the “ladies” we met were absolutely amazing – Leona and Courtney – so welcoming and so convincing (to the point where I actually asked my other half if they were girls or fellas – I’ll not give you his response, lol).

This was the highlight of our night….

Upon paying our balance to reception (a rather steep €40 per person) we were then seated by a member of the waiting staff (no choice in where you sit inside the venue). She ushered us to a table where 8 other people we had never met before were also sitting and to the two very front seats, closest to the stage. Now when I say closest to the stage, I mean practically sitting on the stage, right smack bang in the middle! My other half (and I), despite being extremely open minded, felt quite uncomfortable where we were and so, as there were a huge amount of seats left all over the venue with others still to be seated, I politely asked the girl who seated us if we could be moved to seats nearer to the back. I was very bluntly and rudely told that “all the other seats are reserved” and that she “would see what she had left at the end, once everyone else was seated”. Now, forgive me, but I didn’t see one reserved sign and it just so happened that a couple right before us had asked to be moved and were facilitated with no issues. I returned to my seat feeling rather embarrassed and informed my other half who was none too pleased. That kind of put us out of sorts slightly and, having discussed that we wouldn’t really be in the mood anymore to enjoy the show after this experience, we upped and left, informing staff at reception of our issue and requesting a refund.

The bar manager was then called who then arranged for us to sit at two seats closer to the back (of which there were many left). We decided then that we would make the best of it and got to know the other lovely people at our table (if it weren’t for these lovely folks our night would have been a total disaster).

Then it was time for dinner…..

Starter – luke warm soup of some kind (hard to tell as there wasn’t much flavour) with stale bread – 2/10

Main – A bird of some description (as the lighting was so low it was hard to tell if it was pigeon or chicken), four baby potatoes with some veg. Very dry and hard to palate – 1/10

Dessert – Profiteroles. 10/10 (simply because I love profiteroles so it wouldn’t matter to me if they were simply defrosted)

All in all, a terrible meal. We were glad we had eaten a little before we came.

Then it was time for the show…..

We waited….and waited….and waited….and waited. Then we were told that they were having some “computer difficulties” and would have the show on the road as soon as possible. So we waited….and waited….and waited some more.

Then came the audience singalong of the 2012 version of “why are we waiting?”, a lot of groaning and very cross faces. We were again told that they were doing their best to get the show up and running and took assistance from a guy at our table who happened to be a computer engineer.

Whilst we waited, one of the ladies came on stage and did a “how are you, where are you from” thing with the audience. We appreciated the effort but it was very strained, not very funny and certainly not appropriate for children.

This led to more silence, lights being turned off and on, and more singing from the audience. We weren’t offered a free drink nor given very much explanation and if you had wanted to purchase a drink, you had to wait for one of the only two waiting staff to get round to you so it was no use trying to get drunk to pass the time because you simply couldn’t! (You weren’t allowed to go to the bar yourself)

Our computer engineer friend finally did the trick and the curtains opened. By this time there was a queue around the tavern from reception with people requesting a refund. We too joined the queue whilst watching the mediocre miming renditions of a few of the “ladies” to three songs before taking their bows and leaving. So did we. Our bus was leaving at the pre-requisite time despite the delay in the show.

So, all in all, a bitter disappointment. It was the one thing I was looking forward to most during our holiday and my biggest let down. I have to applaud the “ladies” who did come out – they did fantastically in the face of disaster so well done to them but we will not be returning.

Oh and one last thing ….. where was the headliner, TT???

Visited January 2012
2 Thank tracemcd81
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic night but eat next door!”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I've noticed most of the reviews are about the poor food. Avoid the problem and eat next door in casa Siam which is a reasonably priced and of reasonable quality thai resteraunt and you get your entry into the tavern for free as its owned by the same people we only had to pay for our coach travel. The show itself is a good laugh and something a little different. Yes there is quite a lot of miming but these are men singing songs for women. it's a DRAG show!! We went to both shows while out in lanzarote and loved both although I could see its not to everyone's taste but if you like that sort of thing you'll love this

1 Thank Chefclairebear