1,048 results
All reviews beautifully kept gardens english library relaxing holiday a ground floor room steep hill flamenco dancing half board town centre breakfast and evening meal quiet area room card courtesy bus rooms were cleaned every day hot and cold food hired a car bed and breakfast entertainment every night
Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a last minute cheap deal from Thomsons, travelling alone, mother with two children (6) and (8). I was very aware of the reviews that had been made in relation to the hotel, it's location and it's customer service but the deal and guaranteed sunshine was one I couldn't resist. I emailed the hotel directly and called Thomsons to request a quiet room and I was accommodated nicely (although I am aware rooms of a poorer standard do exist). The hotel has all of the basic facilities of a 4* hotel, nice pool, snack bar, buffet restaurant and moderate entertainment. If you're looking for a hotel that you want to spend 100% of your time in then this hotel is not for you!! It feels a little lost in time struggling to cater for people of varying ages but there are so many wonderful things to do around the hotel that what the hotel offered me and my daughters didn't bother me in the slightest. Yes there were vegetables at breakfast but you don't have to eat them but there is also freshly made pancakes, croissants, bacon, eggs, freshly made omelettes to order etc. At first I thought the veg at breakfast was insane but I witnessed many people of varying cultures enjoying it, I'm not going to judge as it didn't impact on us in the slightest. The food on the evening was also great with fresh fish, steaks, paella, pasta, salad and a wide variety of desserts. I had every intention of eating out a couple of nights but honestly didn't feel the need to I think many of these reviews are a little harsh and overthought.
If you booked with Thomson then you'll be met by Jewls the rep on the afternoon of your first day and she goes through all the excursions. We visited Loro Park, did the Medieval Night and the Freebird One catamaran trip. All were amazing and I'll try to attach a few pictures for you to see. The town centre is around a 15 minute walk away and it's a fairly steep but beautiful walk down, for the less mobile there is a courtesy bus so getting down to the front isn't an issue at all. On the way back from the town we hopped in a taxi and the going rate is between 3-4 euros which didn't cause us a problem and there are plenty of taxis around when needed.

Overall review: Got more than our value for money, made the most of it. Get out and about, it's not the hotel to sit in day and night, however a fantastic base to explore.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank kitneyjoanna
SolParqueSanAntonio, Director General at Parque San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2017

Dear kitneyjoanna,

Let me thank you for your nice review and the possitive valuations that you made about our facilities and services. It is really appreciated that you enjoyed a nice stay and you found satisfactory your room, the pool, the snack bar, the buffet restaurant and the entertainment.

I really hope that we can welcome you in a soon future, and we can provide you a new pleasant stay in our facilities.

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

It's a mature hotel which I guess is about 40 years old and typical of 70's build. Our room was large, clea, big beds and with a 4 piece bathroom suite. Excellent huge balcony overlooking the courtyard and the obligatory pool. The gardens are lovely and fir us a real delight.
First arriving at the hotel two minutes before dinner ended I expected to be rebuffed but we were kindly asked to be quick before going to the room. This was a nice gesture because it had been a very long tiring day.
Generally speaking, both breakfast and dinner offered an enormous choice of high quality ingredients which were, sadly, lacking in seasoning or spice enhancement more typical of Spanish cuisine.
Overall this was a nice hotel suitable principally for young families or young at heart oldies. Twenty to forty somethings might be disappointed.
Evening entertainment was dire. Go out! It's virtually lights out when it gets dark! Overall it is a fair 3T package deal and good value.
I would stay again if the price was right.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear RL_0156,

Let me thank you for your nice review and the possitive valuations that you made about the room and its balcony, the cleanliness, the gardens. I am glad that you liked the buffet variety, although you were a little bit disappointed with the seasoned or spicy of the meals. In this sense, let me say that we have to provide a menu proposal for hundreds of people, so we need to take care to season or spice the courses in a proper way so that they can be suitable for everybody. However, we also include a corner with different kinds of dressings and spices for that guests as you that prefer more spicy or seasoned dishes.

Let me also sorry that you did not enjoy our evening entertainment proposal. Our intention is offering a program that consists in proffesional shows that pretends to provide a varied entertainment that can satisfy all our guests. In order to get it, we include live music every evening and a group show every Friday. I regret that you did not like it, and we will keep working to keep improving this area.

We will keep working in the aspects that you commented, and even improving these and other areas, in order to keep providing amazing experiences to guests, as you, honour us with their visits.

Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel ideal location free buses from outside the reception down to the beach
It's all built on hills so every where is steep not good for anyone with limited mobility as no lifts and restaurant is up 2 flights of stairs also.
It more for older people hardly any young people or kids very relaxing hardly any noise
Night entertainment is dancing for couples and few singers with songs off the 70 or before ideal for the older generations
The food is lovely can't complain at anything other than you have to buy your own water or drink on an evening if your only half board which is just added together at end of your holiday and signed for with your room card and paid for when checking out. Recommend going to Alberto's pub which is just around the corner when using the back entrance in he restaurant or has the most fabulous views of the island and the food is lovely .

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank angiefun

Dear angiefun,

At first, I would like to thank you having chosen us for your last holidays in Tenerife. Besides, let me thank you the nice valuation that you made about your stay. We are really pleased to check that you could enjoy a relaxing and wonderful holidays, and we hope that we can welcome you again in order to provide a new experience that can be, at least, so good than this last one.

Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

We arrived 930 in the evening was given a credit card key and trudged up 3 floors to the attic room. There was no credit card key but a normal key was needed. Trudged back down 3 flights with cases and 80 year old mum back to reception to be given a key also no apologies. Very disappointed with room. One small window and no light. Felt very closed in. However the hotel is beautiful. We were b and b and couldn't ask for a more varied choice. Pool area quiet...watch out for Germans...they pinch parasols when you leave for 10 minutes to fetch a drink .... bar area good with varied entertainment. 20 minutes walk via waterfalls to town....247 steps down later you arrive in town. Free shuttle bus to and from town and cheap taxis. All in all a good holiday

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear Helen,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your holidays in Tenerife. Let me also thank you for the time you deserved in sharing the impressions of your stay with the users of this website. It is really appreciated to check that you enjoyed a good hoiliday, and you found satisfactory the hotel surroundings, our breakfast proposal and the bar area with a varied entertainment.

I am really sorry that you had the commented situation in the check in proccess, and we did not have the kind answer that you deserve. I am really surprising that some of them had the behavior that you commented. Friendliness and kindness are ones of the aspects that are better valuated by our guests, and we use to remark its importance in every internal meeting that we make. Besides, I would like to point out all the efforts that are made in the selection procedures and trainings in order to get a professional and competent staff that can be able to provide an excellent service anytime. However, we will take this point into account to treat it in our next meetings so that every guest can feel welcomed when they come to reception with a situation or they need any special service from us.

I hope that you we could have the oportunity of welcoming you again, and you can personally check all the improvements that we are constantly doing for our guests' satisfaction.

Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel food brilliant staff friendly . Walk to beach a nightmare make use of the bus . If you are under 60 don't go lol . Night time entertainment is shocking like god my back to the 60's and they need to put some daytime entertainment on to amuse the guests

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple