We had booked for just two nights
We were staying in the South of Tenerife but fancied staying for two nights in the north to enjoy the area
We managed to park ok ( limited parking ) and went into the hotel reception to two receptionist not making any eye contact and we waited for almost 5 mins before they came to the desk And yes they had seen us
To then be questioned on our boking and names by a very stern and unfriendly receptionist and then question by the 2nd receptionist all over again who was a little more helpful
And eventually managed to obtain a room key and not help with our luggage ( two ladies with as you can imagine lots of luggage even though it was for two nights )
Oh and then told they wanted 15euro if we wanted to watch the tv ?
We found our room and we had booked a twin only to find out it was a double ( so that was our first call to reception )
They sent a man up to separate the beds ( stripped the bedding tipped the beds on their ends and promptly took out his screwdriver to unscrew all the fitting ) so to give him some room we went down to the pool bar
Not impressed so far
Then on going back to the room to change to have a swim we find there is only one bath towel each
One glass one shower cap one bath foam sachet one soap
this room was booked as a twin and it was a double with a sofa bed as it turned out ( which was so uncomfortable to sit on ) which meant the room could really accommodate possibly four ?
We rang down for bath towels which arrived very promptly and fresh and warm ( the gentleman that took our reception call was most helpful)
we ate out which was really lovely ( we had booked B&B ) and we had a really great evening
So breakfast very very average the scrambled egg was luke warm as were the beans the cold buffet was ok . Some of the pastries very dry
One toaster in the room with I don't know how many people were in the room but a lot I must add it didn't burn the toast
We had a drink in the bar in the evening my friend ordered a coffee and got two cups one milky one black But had only ordered one coffee with milk after explaining a couple of times her request. I later asked for a glass with ice and that took several attempts to be understood ( sadly neither of spoke Spanish but it appeared other guests who spoke English also had problems)
We decided whist we were out during our second day to return to our accommodation in the south
We had paid for two nights but it was an easy decision to return to the south and forgo the other nights payment
The one redeeming factor was a young man on reception ( sadly we cant remember his name )
Who was polite he smiled the first smile we had seen had a little banter he was well mannered and most helpful
But overall a very disappointing visit
The two stars are for the young man on reception who was helpful !
No atmosphere and No charm and the two ladies on reception were not in the least bit welcoming
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the residential area of La Paz, next to the Botanical Gardens, with views over the Orotava Valley, Mt. Teide and the sea, and just a 10 minute walk from the centre of town, the Lago Martianez swimming pools and the beach. It is a tourist complex built in 1974 and totally refurbished between 2001 and 2004. It holds the “Tourist Quality Q” awarded by the Spanish Tourist Quality Institute and it consists of over 240 units between apartments and studio apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Masaru Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Masaru Apartments Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Masaru Apartments Puerto De La Cruz, Tenerife