All reviews la paz area tv control restaurants and shops first floor tennis courts el teide the hotel reception studio apartment every evening botanical gardens quiet location pleasant stay rooms are spacious cleaning staff hotel is situated yogurt restaurant staff
Reviewed July 31, 2017

Staff in reception, restaurant and cleaning service very nice and helpfull. Rooms big and clean. All have balcons with nice view, however noisy if somebody talk in the evening. I didn't find iron in my room. Free toileries were on start then mayby I should ask.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wizz Tours
1  Thank Katarzyna_Gajek_333
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

I don't know where to start. I couldn't wait to leave this place. Firstly, we arrived at the hotel at midnight.... No food or drink available. Local places shut too.
1. Evening Entertainment - a guy playing a keyboard. A handful of casual restaurants on the street that have little to offer. Best to go to the main strip which is a 15 minute walk downhill. I recommend a taxi back.
2. Room - terrible. You couldn't move in it. We asked for double bed and got singles. Beds and pillows brick hard. Sofa bed so tiny and springs all burst. I fell through it when I sat on it. No air conditioning. 3 people in room but only 2 chairs at the table and 2 on the balcony, which you couldn't move about In. Bathroom adequate and clean.
3. Pool- no idea when it opens as no one went in the pool until later in the day as it was freezing. Lacking atmosphere. Some kids were not allowed to play with a small ball.... Couldn't believe it.
4. Staff- were nice at the snack bar and the restaurant. But if you're British the reception staff can't be bothered with you. I felt I was an inconvenience every time I talked to someone there.
5. Restaurant- Queue up in a line to get in. Little choice and a low standard of food. So we chose to eat out even though We paid for half board. It was like a school dinner hall. All males over 12 have to wear trousers no shorts.

And to top it off there is no sun in Puerto de la Cruz. A whole week of cloud. A holiday I would like to forget.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank R T
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Hotel -
Pool - an all inclusive free trip to the artic. Bring a thermal wet suit. Childrens pool is tiny and adult pool deep throughout. No need to rush in morning it doesn't open until 11am.

Staff - rude obnoxious and with a general hated to English people. Received an 11pm phone call one night because one of my children completed the heinous act of leaving a towel hanging over the balcony.

Live entertainment - non existent except one shady looking character called Gilbert and the grand total of 8 chairs. Don't worry though the crowds of drunk locals playing music will stream into your room from outside until 4am.

Children's club - didn't see it the whole week we were here.

Overall - vastly disappointed yes it's cheap but poor facilities and grumpy staff. Local area more geared to German and French people. Will stick to south Tenerife next time costa adeja etc.

Worth a trip to Loro parque and Siam park the highlights of an otherwise forgetful holiday.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank oracle85
Reviewed July 14, 2017

We had booked for just two nights

We were staying in the South of Tenerife but fancied staying for two nights in the north to enjoy the area

We managed to park ok ( limited parking ) and went into the hotel reception to two receptionist not making any eye contact and we waited for almost 5 mins before they came to the desk And yes they had seen us

To then be questioned on our boking and names by a very stern and unfriendly receptionist and then question by the 2nd receptionist all over again who was a little more helpful

And eventually managed to obtain a room key and not help with our luggage ( two ladies with as you can imagine lots of luggage even though it was for two nights )

Oh and then told they wanted 15euro if we wanted to watch the tv ?

We found our room and we had booked a twin only to find out it was a double ( so that was our first call to reception )

They sent a man up to separate the beds ( stripped the bedding tipped the beds on their ends and promptly took out his screwdriver to unscrew all the fitting ) so to give him some room we went down to the pool bar

Not impressed so far

Then on going back to the room to change to have a swim we find there is only one bath towel each

One glass one shower cap one bath foam sachet one soap

this room was booked as a twin and it was a double with a sofa bed as it turned out ( which was so uncomfortable to sit on ) which meant the room could really accommodate possibly four ?

We rang down for bath towels which arrived very promptly and fresh and warm ( the gentleman that took our reception call was most helpful)

we ate out which was really lovely ( we had booked B&B ) and we had a really great evening

Slept ok

So breakfast very very average the scrambled egg was luke warm as were the beans the cold buffet was ok . Some of the pastries very dry

One toaster in the room with I don't know how many people were in the room but a lot I must add it didn't burn the toast

We had a drink in the bar in the evening my friend ordered a coffee and got two cups one milky one black But had only ordered one coffee with milk after explaining a couple of times her request. I later asked for a glass with ice and that took several attempts to be understood ( sadly neither of spoke Spanish but it appeared other guests who spoke English also had problems)

We decided whist we were out during our second day to return to our accommodation in the south

We had paid for two nights but it was an easy decision to return to the south and forgo the other nights payment

The one redeeming factor was a young man on reception ( sadly we cant remember his name )
Who was polite he smiled the first smile we had seen had a little banter he was well mannered and most helpful

But overall a very disappointing visit

The two stars are for the young man on reception who was helpful !

No atmosphere and No charm and the two ladies on reception were not in the least bit welcoming

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank LTouchstone
Reviewed June 16, 2017

The place is very clean, with good stuff.
The room was cleaned every day.
Very good report price-comfort. It's about 15 minutes from Loro Parque by car. Also parking is free.
The only thing I think is not fair is that they want 10 euro for remote control TV and 10 euro to join their pool. They offer free wi-fi and I think that the price for pool and TV control should be included in room price.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple