“What an amazing experience”
Review of Bar El Camino

Bar El Camino
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Amazing tapas bar! The owner and his staff (2-3guys) are super welcoming and friendly. Feels like your good uncle is serving you. Very homey! Amazing wine and delicious tapas. Very very cheap copared to other restauranta aroundthe area. Might need to wait for a table especially during dinner time but 20-30 min wait is totally worth it (instead just give them a call and reserve a table).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Very good tapas worth the wait, was extremely full after too defiantly try here for authentic Spanish tapas!

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

I'm not usually one to eat anything outside of my 'comfort zone', but after after reading the glowing reviews online I decided to give this place a go; and I'm very glad I did!

The place is located on the stairs between la paz and the centre of peurto de la cruz, with some tables located inside and others outside on the stairs themselves.

There's no menu to speak of as different dishes are made each day, and you are given the choice of letting the waiter make a selection for you, or picking the dishes for yourself.

I decided to let the waiter choose for me but I let him know we didnt want any seafood and he was happy to oblige. The selection of 10 dishes were quick to arrive and included rice, canarian potoates, meatballs, frittata and various meat dishes.

The food was lovely and I enjoyed trying some new dishes. Pricing was very reasonable at €21 for two people. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for an authentic Spanish tapas experience.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

I have eaten here three times over the last year. It's OK but I really struggle to see why people rave about it. The food is average and usually only lukewarm. Service is fine. Prices typical for the area so no great value. There is better tapas available all over Puerto in my view

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Quick, friendly service. We took lunch set of Canarian tapas and it was good and quite a big variety. Very good value for money, although initially it looked like anotjer turist trap it was not. Recommended.