See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was sadly enough recommended for us to stay during a wedding in Toledo. Whilst the reception is decent, the rooms hold a very basic standard and give more a feeling of a hostel than a hotel. The corridors are dark and grotty with depressing lighting. Overall the room standard is no more than 2 stars. However, the hotel breakfast is worse. Probably the most miserable hotel breakfast I have ever seen. Excellent if you like biscuits (they serve 6 different types), orange juice cordial, and diluted coffee from a third rate coffee machine. I would not recommend this hotel even to my worst enemy.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Fredrik O
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our visit to Toledo, and the hotel was very good. It is very well located, the breakfast was good too: selection of hams, cheese, bread, pastries, cereal, fruits and beverages. The room was clean and the air conditioner and wifi worked well. I will stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank joh098
Reviewed May 1, 2017

We were here on a coach trip, the breakfast was a very poor selection, the evening meal was set as part of the trip, but adequate.

Aircon did not work, but there was building work going on at the time.

Ideally placed for the escalators into the city.

The staff were friendly except the barman surly at best, rude when he ordered us out of the bar at 10:30pm so he could lock up.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2017

The room itself is quite spacious and nicely decorated, but that's really the only positive to this hotel.

The room is very poorly insulated from outside noise - I heard loud drilling and regularly would hear the sound of gushing water which I assume was from other guests taking a shower.

While the hotel policy states that they cannot be responsible for loss of items not stored in the safe - a safe was nowhere to be found in my room.

The restaurant was not open for dinner even though it was advertised as such. Hotel Maria Cristina (which was the same price and I would have stayed here if I were booking again), is a five minute walk away and served dinner from 20:30.

WiFi connection wasn't great.

Overall, I would say that there are much better options available for the price you would pay to stay here.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2016

This hotel is very dated and not in a good area, rooms need to be improved and the facilities were not good, evening meal, was poor, also the breakfast was terrible no choice at all just cake biscuits or bread, the waiter service were very surly and when asking to open the bar the answer was not until after the evening meal and the staff could man the bar, when we did eventually get a drink at 10.50 the bar staff did not want to serve any more as they wanted to finish. The sitting room was too small only two settees and two arm chairs for a party of 50 people this was inadequate. The overall opinion of us all was we were glad to not stay there over 1 night. The only good thing was it was near the escalator to the old town.

Date of stay: October 2016