See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 17, 2018

I really wanted to give it a 4, but the number of cons were too many.
maybe it was just our room (206).

pros:
- good location, 15 min easy walk from the train station, and 10 min from the old city gates.
- decent price
- clean
cons:
- no elevator
- VERY small shower, with NO curtains/screen - water goes to the floor
- no ventilation in the bathroom
- no shelves in the bathroom to put your stuff on
- AC blows right at the bed

Room tip: no elevator, so be warned
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Very nice room and bathroom. Small “garden” for your room. Breakfast not included but about 6 euro and very nice. Highly recommended.
Parking easy about 3 euro a day. Close to but not in city center. Maybe 10 minutes walk.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed October 12, 2017

I must say that this is my first visit to Toledo, and I came here with very high expectations, since this is considered one of the top 10 destinations in Spain for a NICE TIME.
YES… I had a great time in Toledo, and enjoyed everything… except this hotel / apartments for a number of reasons. I will get into the details below…

I have written HUNDREDS of review, and only have 1 pathetic review… so I do not write bad things because I want to… but I evaluate my stay on the STAY itself, and nothing else.

As to this place, I will say:

POTITIVE POINTS:
Bathroom was clean, and the place is relatively well located – OUTSIDE of the inner city… yet only a 5-minute walk to the entrance of the old city. PERFECT.

Room is a decent size, yet NO pillow choice, which was disappointing.

Parking was easily available, and free… right next to the hotel… so GREAT.

Nothing else, I am sad to say.

NEGATIVE POINTS:
This is where everything goes the wrong way for me and my family… and urge you to be careful if you decide to stay here.

Everything is reasonable in terms of decoration and locations… but the cleaning of the room is pathetic. NO… I do not mean poor… I mean PATHETIC. I will explain.

I stopped here between home and the holiday destination. Checked in (pre-paid, which was a mistake), and was given the key to the room. Being the end of the afternoon, we dropped off our suitcase in the room, and immediately left to the city for a tour, dinner and drinks… before returning to the room to “relax”.

We chose this apartment for four people, since I was with my wife, my daughter and my niece – yearning for a fantastic time in Toledo. Everything was great… except our room. Here is what it was:

Obviously, I slept in the main room with my wife, which was just OK. No pillow choice, which was sad. My daughter and niece slept on the sofa-bed.

We arrived back in the room after 1 am (after touring Toledo old-city, dinner and a few drinks). Went straight to bed, and here came the unpleasant surprises:

- Blood stained sheets: I was in bed already, and was called by my daughter who opened the sofa-bed, and pulled back the sheets. WHAT??? They were stained with blood. THREE different stains… and the sheets were not changed by the staff??? NO WAY… this cannot be true, but IT IS!!! Photo evidence to prove it, and I unhappily attach the pictures below. We pulled out the sheets, and dropped them on the floor, and prepared the bed to sleep in… with towels from the bathroom, since sheets were filthy.

- When I opened the cupboard to try and find “clean” sheets, another unpleasant surprise in the drawers… I found BABY’s cloths from a previous guest. YES… sad, but true. I could not believe it. Look… my daughter is 21 years old, and my niece is 14… and these cloths do not fit them, since they are BABY cloths. Pictures (again) to prove what I am saying. Is cleaning even a service in this place???

When we finally got to sleep after removing the filth, we got up the next morning to check out, and complain. NOBODY in reception at 08H30… and we waited until 09H00. NOBODY in reception at 09H00… I called the number that they gave me… NOBODY picked up, so I had to leave to get to my next destination (holiday).

I arrived at the holiday destination, and unfortunately did not have the internet working on that day… but when I got internet, I sent them a mail… explaining what happened, exactly as mentioned above… hoping that they would give me an explanation, and a refund (EXPENSIVE for what I got). Here comes the NEXT UNPLEASANT SURPRISE.

It takes me 2 days to get their reply… and you know what?
The reply given was as if I was to blame for what happened… as if the blood was ours… and if the baby cloths was planted there us – even though I am old enough to have good judgment, and my daughter and niece are way passed baby cloths. The reply implied that it is OUR fault that things were the way they were… Strange for me… in the thousands of hotels that I stay in, this is a FIRST TIME management tried to “push the blame” on to a customer = ME. Easy to prove that the blood does not belong to any of us… but this place pushes any blame to the customer… STRANGE and FILTHY!!!

I spend THOUSANDS of EURO each month on hotels and I stay all over the world – but NEVER has a hotel tried to “run away” from its responsibilities… as this place did.

SUMMING UP:
Locations is decent, and I enjoyed Toledo, which is a fantastic city.
This place… I would tell my over 250.000 readers… AVOID… AVOID and AVOID.
PATHETIC hygiene, and arrogant management… is the LEAST I can say.
AVOID, my friends… AVOID!!!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Trave1Bandit
Hoteles_Toledo_Reyes, Director General at Hotel Hospederia De Los Reyes, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear Sir,
I will be very brief with you
in 1st place you never stay in Hospederia de los Reyes, that to start.
Since August you have been staying in the Apartamentos turiíticos de los Reyes, requesting the return of your stay, given that as indicated there were baby clothes in the closet, those clothes the previous customers did not have those clothes and I assure you since it was 3 adult people and that chance they score us with a 10 in limepieza and you with a 0.
The sheets in case of being stained with blood are not put, but if so and as we did we apologize again and again in their emial that neither the day of entry nor the day of departure tells us nothing to booking.com. who also did not complain.
We told her that if the sheets were as the time says it is, they call us and we change them is 01.30 hours, we change the sheets.
He is very tired to call us as he says but not to open the drawers of the closets, take photos and on Monday on his vacation he sends us an emal claiming the amount of the stay and that the sheets had blood,
You had 3 phones that we gave you and that casuility that according to you call us and badly mark the number And instead of 9 digits has 10 digits a cell phone, also in the door of the Apartments has noted and calls only one and bad mark .
In his emial tells us that we return the 129 euros or published in social networks bad reviews.
As in the apartments of the Kings have not published all this, published in the Hotel which neither has slept nor knows, how sad is everything, really.
Of course what we are not going to do is to fall into its game that if we make the return it puts us good criticism and if we do not enter its game it gives us bad criticism, but what we did not expect from the opinion of the host known.
I have to thank you in one thing, that does not come any more to our establishment, or that you recommend us because if your recommendations are like you, we do not want clients like you, so I say.
From my point of view what you do has no name.
regards
Reservation department

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Our room had a small private garden it was great. The room was extremely clean and the ladies was very friendly and helpful.

The location was perfect we parked our car and walked everywhere.

Will gladly recommend this hotel to all our family and friends

Thank you Hotel Hospederia De Los Rey for a lovely stay

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is a great location for visiting Toledo. The staff was very nice but didn't speak English. It was close enough to walk to the train station. The rooms are lovely & clean. We did find the bed a bit to hard for our comfort. They served a tasty breakfast.

Date of stay: October 2016