“Room with a view”

Ranked #30 of 44 Hotels in Toledo
maryland, usa
“Room with a view”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Eurico has a wonderful staff, very helpful in getting oriented in a complicated street layout. Our room on the third floor, had a patio overlooking the river to the 'countryside' beyond. Then off the left side of the balcony, the view was off the Cathedral and Alcazar. The staff would chill our wine, we had plates, wine glasses etc, so this was an incredible place to sup when a full day of walking was over. Each night we'd watch the myriad of swallows swoop thru' the sky up in our lofty location. Each day we'd step out the door to another adventure in this ancient city. We were right in the middle of things. Absolutely couldn't beat the location. The only downside (and this is small for us) was the towel quality---frayed and sometimes with holes. But the entire bathroom was spacious, as well as the room itself. Wired internet.

Room Tip: Loved room 308---spacious, patio balcony and quiet
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank travelbounder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 3 June 2011

As soon as we walked in the door, the first thing that popped into my head was, "ah, another cookie cutter European hotel." Do they all use the same hotel decorator? Use the same furniture supplier?

We had a room facing the street with a partial view of the cathedral. However, you will need to use earplugs because the street can be noisy.

To my surprise, the hotel has underground caves that our group used for a party.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I loved my to nights in Toledo at the Eurico. The staff were really friendly and helpful, the room well decorated, spotlessly clean and at a perfect location just behind the Cathedal. My room on the second floor opened onto the street, but the double glazing and shutters kept out all of the noise from the street (which was very quiet for the most part being early November). I didn't do the hotel breakfast so can't comment on that, but the view from my balcony onto the Cathedral was really special. The free internet (Wired not Wifi) was good too. The halls could do with a tidy up, but this small thing is nothing in comparison to the great location and staff. Would happily recommend.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2010

This was one of the 3 hotels we chose through trip advisor for our trip to Madrid. After our first hotel selection and reviewing the trip advisor website, my husband was also hooked and he made this selection for Toledo. This hotel was basic and clean. I would rate this hotel overall as average except the location (behind the cathedral) was excellent and the young lady at the front desk was soooooo helpful - just excellent. So I would rate this as a 4 versus a 3.
I will say that of the 3 hotels we stayed in - 2 being in Madrid - this one was the noisiest at night. So maybe if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room that isn't on the street. Ours had a nice view of the Cathedral from the balcony but I did find it a bit loud.
Also you have to pay 3 euros per night for the safe if you want it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 September 2010

As others have noted, the location is fabulous! Once you get settled in it's easy to find due to its proximity to the cathedral. The hotel staff was courteous and professional. My room was basic but nice, very clean and spacious enough with a really large, well-appointed bathroom. Also the room had a GREAT view to the alcazar, which was beautifully lit up at night.

All in all I can't think of one negative thing about this hotel. I really enjoyed my stay here and high recommend the Hotel Eurico!

However one thing...I wonder if they don't offer breakfast during the cold months? I was there in November and nobody ever said a thing to me about it, nor did I ever notice it being served so I was surprised to hear others comment about it on Tripadvisor. It's fine though, I found a great cafe a few blocks away so it's all good, I'm just a bit curious.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 30 August 2010

This is a great value hotel. It is right near the cathedral which makes it easy to find in the dizzying maze of Toledo's medieval labyrinth of streets. The hotel is absolutely spotless as are the bathrooms. We booked one of the two triples they have and stayed with our middle schooler. We had plenty of room and the beds were reasonably comfortable. The bathroom was also exceptionally clean and spacious. What did not work was the airconditioning. Most of the time this is not going to be an issue, but on a 41° day in August, it's tough especially since the narrow stone streets hold the heat in and the city stays noisy until late at night. Still for the price (80 euro) it was very good. The staff were helpful and kind, and the location made it an easy place to come back to to leave packages and purchases when necessary.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2010

My wife and I spent a night in Toledo as a sidetrip from Madrid and found the location of this hotel to be just what we were looking for. You can see the Toledo Cathedral from our balcony! The room is very basic, but that's what we expected as we weren't really blown away by any other hotel in Toledo from what we read online. Only downside to this hotel is the breakfast, which comprised of stale pastries and warm milk. We didn't realize it wasn't included in the room rate, and were suprised by the 14 euros it cost for the both of us once we checked out!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple