We had booked one night in this hotel before heading back to Madrid and home to Canada. We arrived quite early in the day and the front desk staff were fantastic. They let us park our car in the secure hotel parking lot and held our bags for us until our room was ready. They also told us when we could catch the shuttle bus into the historic centre of town. As the hotel is not within walking distance of the town centre, a free shuttle bus operates every hour or you can take a taxi if you prefer. The shuttle driver was a very friendly and helpful man who gave us lots of suggestions about what to see as well as reserving a spot for us on the last shuttle back to the hotel at 5:15 PM. He also gave us a card with a telephone number to call if we decided to take a taxi back to the hotel instead of the shuttle. We spent the afternoon in the historic centre of Toledo and then took a taxi back to the hotel as we were in the Jewish section of the old town and quite a long walk away from the shuttle meeting point. My husband left his cell phone in the taxi and the front desk staff were very helpful in contacting the taxi company for us and having it delivered by the same taxi driver back to the hotel.
When we originally checked in the front desk staff had upgraded our room to a junior suite as the people who were staying in the room we had booked wanted to add on to their stay at the hotel. What a wonderful surprise for us. The suites at the Eurostars Palacio Buenavista are indeed palatial. If there was a 6 star rating on Trip Advisor they would definitely qualify. The bed was extremely comfortable; there was a separate office area with a sofa, desk, desk chair, and table which could be closed off from the bedroom area; a large bedroom with chairs and a large television; and a very large and deluxe bathroom with a huge shower, separate bathtub and two sinks. The toiletries and amenities that were included were all first class. All the rooms were spotlessly clean and the entire ambience was one of luxury and indulgence. There were also three separate pocket balconies that faced west giving us a glorious view of the sunset, the river flowing by Toledo, some of the historic walled city, and the lovely gardens around the hotel.
The breakfast buffet was lovely and included a wide variety of breakfast foods, as well as made to order omelettes and waffles. The coffee was wonderful. The service and lighter meals in the bar was also very good and the entire ambience of the hotel was delightful. I can’t comment on the superior room we had originally booked but would highly recommend the junior suite as possibly one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in, either in North America or Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eurostars palacio Buenavista, constructed around the former XVI century Buenavista Palace, is located just 5 minutes from the old city quarter of Toledo by the free transfer service. Based within a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the hotel is situated in the perfect location for exploring all the hidden treasures that the Imperial City of Toledo has to offer. Along with the city's commercial and recreational districts, those wishing to visit the heart of Spain, the Eurostars Buenavista Toledo Hotel is also the ideal starting point from which to discover Aranjuez, Cuenca, Avila, and other points of interest near Madrid. Madrid City Centre is easily accessible via the AVE (High Speed Train), which the journey from Toledo to Madrid's Atocha Station in just 30 minutes. The city of Madrid is then yours to explore, where you can find its main museums: the Prado, the Thyssen and the Reina Sofia within walking distance.The Madrid-Barajas International Airport is a short 45 minute drive taking the AP-41 or A-42 highways; however special tariffs can be applied to airport transfers upon request ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Eurostars Palacio Buenavista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Buenavista Toledo Hotel Toledo
- Hilton International Toledo
- Hilton Toledo
- Toledo Hilton