See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

This place I can really NOT recommend.... this is not a 4 star hotel but a hostal or 2 stars...
The double bed with one long pillow, hard as a rock.. the bed just as bad...
One synthetic old old old dirty blanket to sleep with.. very noisy...
We stayed 10 min..
we rented this hotel to relax a weekend, but with full noise, dirty blanket, rock hard pillow, this was not possible...
We paid, left and will never return...

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
burgosgroup, Recepcionista at Hotel Rice Reyes Catolicos, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2018

Dear guest,

we are really sorry about your comment. As you said, you left 5 minutes after the arrival without telling us any of your problems... It is really frustrating because we have doble rooms with tho separate beds or next one to each other with two pillows.

It is very difficult to understand why you need to punish us. And I remember you that you didn't pay us, you pay to an agency the day that you booked the room. We invite you to read different opinions about the hotel, about how clean is it, about the furniture, and everything... Quite difficult to understand an opinion about how noisy was your stay if you only stayed 5 minutes in the room and more if you didn't sleep... The bed had not sings of use when you left so... How is it possible to say that the bed was bad? What a pitty...

Tania L. García

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

We arrived after drive from Marbella
Receptionist a bit surprised by my dog but gave us a first floor room as requested Shame as it overlooked an alley with disgusting graffiti
No tea/coffee facilities in the room
Quite basic
Had dinner there cheap but a little basic....waitress had no English so a little difficult
Breakfast well stay in and out of kitchen in coats and workwear not busy but waiter had to be asked to top up scrambled eggs etc
Coffee cold. Hot water not hot
Deffo not 4 star let’s try 2 and that is generous
Bar did not open till 8.30 same time as restaurant
Was not offered parking and rules for the dog quite simply stupid

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
burgosgroup, receptionist at Hotel Rice Reyes Catolicos, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Dear guest, So sorry to know that your stay has not been a good one and I am quite surprised that you did not approach the front desk officer about these issues. Our front desk officer would have delightfully helped and solved all these issues. I would like to thank you for your kind remarks and as you know we all learn from our mistakes. Hope to see you again, to offer you a better service and pay close attention to your needs
Yours sincerly
Edward

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

We spent one night here on our way to southern Spain and all I can say is that our experience with the staff was that they were very very helpful and accommodating- the hotel is nice and has a lovely traditional Spanish feel. Dog friendly too... my only thing about this hotel that stops me giving a 5 star was the bed was creaky and way too hard for us. This could possibly just be the room we had though. We would stay here again, great value for money.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
burgosgroup, receptionist at Hotel Rice Reyes Catolicos, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Hello Cathy first of all sorry for the late reply. It has been a very busy summer and our priority changes. Anyway I am really glad to know that your stay with us has been great. As for the bed, we are looking into this issue as it has never happened before, so sorry. Thanks for your awesome rating on the staff. I am very sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Regards
Edward

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

I was very happy when I found this hotel. Looks nice on the add, it's a 4*, parking closeby and walkable distance to town.
When we reached however, after a 9 hours drive, we thought we'd pop in to see the place. It was round noon. I knew the room wouldn't be ready as check in was at 2. I was greeted nicely and told to come back after 2. So we went to town and had lunch. Burgos is a beautiful little city and the human civilisation museum is definately worth a visit. Came to the hotel at 3pm. Greeted by a different lady, she checks our reservation and gives us the keys. We go up to the room and to our great disappointment, our suite as not been cleaned and it smells like the inside of a horse carriage! Back at the reception, the lady offers me wait for the room to be cleaned or for us to have a new room. We agreed to a new room because not only were tired but I didn't fence sleeping in the smelly barn either. To be fair, it isn't a 4* hotel but the staff was nice, parking was closeby and it was only for 1 night.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
burgosgroup, Recepcionist at Hotel Rice Reyes Catolicos, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

Dear guest, I am terribly sorry. Please accept my apologies, we always try to offer an excelent stay for all our guests. Thank you for marking favourably our parking and staff.
thank you very much. We wait for you soon for a better stay. Kinds regards. MARIA JOSÉ CORTIJOS

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised with the classic wood furnishings and large closet in my room at this hotel. So many hotels are modern carbon copies, with the stark, Ikea type furniture, that this was a nice change. The lobby is modern and the bathroom in the room is large and modern, but the rooms are classic. The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. The breakfast was varied with many choices for all appetites. The hotel is located within a short walking distance to the main attractions of Burgos. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Traverler1
burgosgroup, Recepcionista at Hotel Rice Reyes Catolicos, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your good comment. You can not imagine how difficult it is today to meet customers that make a good value of the stay. It is more difficult to find people that appreciates the high quality materials with our furniture is made of. It was a pleasure to read your comment.

Thank you again. We will be glad to see you whenever you want.

Kind regards,