“Wow”

La Gastronomica
Ranked #9 of 10,922 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Neighbourhood: El Raval
Description: Tapas restaurant placed in Sant Antoni area of Barcelona. Restaurant with an open kitchen, high tables and terrace. *We don´t accept bookings, you just need to come and ask for a table at the entrance.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This very small place does the best tapas in the city. Although small on the inside, it does have some seating outside too.

A small menu perfectly put together so there is something for everyone - and at great prices.

The owner was fantastic, really personable and explained most of our tapas dishes!

This is a must eat at place! Check out my photos to see what they look like / definitely recommend all of the dishes!

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Came here with my husband after seeing reviews on trip advisor, we werent disapointed ! They dont take reservations so get there early or be prepared to wait as its just a small restaurant with a few tables and bar seating. We sat at the bar and watched the world go by as we ate dinner. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. He spoke perfect english. The menu also has a english translation which was great for us as our spanish is very limited. The food was amazing and you could tell it was made with passion, the kitchen is open so you can see the chefs at work. We would definitely recommend for a casual dinner

1  Thank Sarah-haughan
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

The owners/guys who run this place really make this place great. The tapas dishes are traditional Spanish food cooked to absolute perfection. Great selection of vegetarian dishes also. Has to be my highlight visit for my weekend away me and my partner enjoyed every last bite

Reviewed March 25, 2018

We ate early so we could get one of their four-top tables, as the restaurant seats less than 30, some at bars and group tables. I suggest you do the same. The menu is imaginative and has good vegetarian options. The food was served with panache, both looking and tasting delicious. The three-person meal including a bottle of decent red wine came to around €75.

The crowd is mostly local, convivial people out to have some fun. It is a new, modern “hole in the wall” restaurant where you are treated like the valuable customer you are to the proprietors who are on site, serving and cooking.

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Amazing food, friendly staff, nice seating at the bar for solo diners such as myself, fair price, a must visit. Small menu but perfect choice. The wok vegetables were the most amazing vegetables I have ever had (who knew vegetables could be so delicious), the fillet steak with mango chutney was divine and the chocolate ginger fondant was wonderfully indulgent, great finish to my trip to Barcelona.