W Barcelona
US$228
US$210
NH Hotels
  • Pool
NH Sants Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$107
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
US$238
Derby Hotels
NH Barcelona Ramblas(Barcelona)
US$153
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

US$124
US$151
US$136
Official Website
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$137
  • Restaurant
Hotel 1898(Barcelona)
US$266
US$226
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hesperia Sant Joan(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$64
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

6,782 results
All reviewseclipse barbliss spabravo restaurantwet deckfabulous roomcool corner suitebliss productsfloor to ceiling windowsfrosted glasstop floorsea viewmediterranean seamood lightingpool area isamazing hotelbarceloneta beachhotel guests
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Top notch hotel - nothing comes close. The moment we stepped out of our cab on to the W concrete we were pampered more than we could imagine. I've stayed at the W in Montreal in the past but the service at the W Barcelona is in a class of its own. Staff was bending backwards to help - from the moment they see an unsure look on your face, they are right in front of you asking to help and they never seemed rushed. They were very knowledgeable of the city to the point of writing down addresses of restaurants and stores on our map from the top of their heads. The amenities were exquisite - the Wet pool/bar was amazing and the spa was top shelf. Our room overlooked the harbor - we were able to view cruise ships coming into the Barcelona dock. The room was large and the bed was the most comfortable bed I ever slept in. Barcelona came on the back half of our trip through Spain so by that time we were tired of the traditional Spanish cuisine so the delightful menu at the W came to the rescue. We had 5 out of our 6 meals at the hotel and loved every bite. The location is quite far from the city center - about 20 minutes walking but close to good restaurants in the old port. La Sagrada Familia and other monuments are much farther away - you will need to take a cab. By far this hotel experience ranks as my number 1 of all time.

1  Thank DaveMaharaj
wquality, Director of Quality at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Dear DaveMaharaj,

WOW! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

I am glad our team was on top of everything to deliver a complete WHATEVER/WHENEVER experience for you while visiting Barcelona!

I will share your comments with our team to congratulate them for a job well done.

Thank you!

Director of Quality.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

The most important facts about the W: It is expensive: in everything. Down to the 4 euro 0.5L water or the 7 euro beers (in the room, or the bar).
The location is nice: at the end of a peer in the harbor of Barcelona. There is a beach in front of the door and that part of Barcelona is way cleaner than the rest. If you don't mind hopping in a taxi all the time, it is a good location. If you want to walk home / to the city: it is really far. (Taxi's in Barcelona are cheap; taxi-drivers hardly speak English, but are on average pretty kind (and drive like idiots :) )
Then there is the staff: young and friendly. The people in the bars or breakfast can be very very slow, but they are very kind.
The rooms are good. Lovely soft beds and plenty of space. Also the view is good from almost all the rooms.
At last: the people. Where some 5 star hotels attract the more decent people, this is more the 'rich kids' and 'new rich' people. If you can disturb yourself by this, the W is probably not your place/

Room Tip: get it high up; and looking over the city/beach.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ski-fanatic-73

Dear ski-fanatic-73,

Greetings from Barcelona,

First of all I would like to show my appreciation for sharing your feedback with the travel community, I believe this represents the best opportunity for us to improve our service.

In regards to your comments about the sense of urgency from our restaurant team be sure that I will communicate your review with all of them so they are not only kind, but also respectful of our guest´s time.

I hope we have the chance to have you back to provide you a flawless W experience.

Warm wishes,

Director of Quality.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Our initial impression of the hotel was not good. We arrived at 11 pm on a Sunday night of a holiday weekend in Barcelona and the noise in the lobby as we checked in was intense. There was loud clubbing music and a huge queue for the lift to the 24th floor nightclub. But, notwithstanding the initial sense of noise and chaos we weer checked into our room in minutes and the room was well soundproofed. In any event, the noise level tapered off by the time we finished dinner at about 12.30 am. And next day, in the sunshine, we really began to appreciate the hotel.
I was apprehensive about staying in a property with more than 400 rooms, but the hotel is more than capable of handling the numbers. The restaurant at breakfast was never overcrowded; the pool area (which is gorgeous) always had plenty of beds available and there are aslo beds on the adjoining beach; and best of all, there were always plenty of very helpful staff at hand to cater for anthing you might need.
The only dissappointing features were the room - we had a so-called "fabulous room" which had a great view but was otherwise very run of the mill - and the other drawback was the lack of enough maids to service the rooms. On one of the days we were there, we had to call reception at 4.30 pm to complain that the room had not been serviced. And for the three nights we were there, there was no sign of an evening turn down service which was surprising in a 5 star GL property.
But these quibbles did not spoil what was in every other way a wonderful 3 days in this hotel. It is the perfect place to stay in summer - right by the beach and with one of the nicest hotel pools I have ever seen where you are expertly looked after by the large pool/bar staff. The pool area turns into a very elegant outdoor bar in the evening which is ideal for pre and post dinner drinks.
While we ate out most days , we founf the food at the hotel to be excellent too; I would particularly recommend the Bravo restaurant which has superb food with tables on a shaded terrace overlooking the sea.
We want to go back soon!

1  Thank Irishguest

Dear Irishguest,

I am glad you had a great time with us, be confident that I will share your review with our team.

On the other hand, I would like to apologize for the problems experienced with the daily cleaning service. I will work with our Director of Style to understand what happened and take whatever actions required to delver a cleaning service in time to our guests.

Thank you very much for the comments regrading our team at the WET Deck, I will pass on your words to them.

Warm wishes,

Director of Quality

Reviewed June 17, 2011

I do love Barcelona but in the four days I was there was an older gentleman and his wife were robbed on the Rambla by Hotel 1898 and two days later while I was on the subway (L3) I stopped a gypsy woman from pick pocketing a Belgian man with his family. They work in pairs. One distracts you and the other comes up from behind and takes your camera, back pack or whatever they can get away with in a split second. The lady I caught had a sweater over her hand and bumped into the man while her female accomplice stalled at the subway door exiting. She was reaching down into his front pant pocket as she was exciting the subway to make a quick get away. I was seated nearest to the door and the man was standing with his family near the exit door. I saw what she was doing and I shoved her as hard as I could and she jumped off at the stopped with her partner then she turned around a spat in my direction. I love Barcelona but the thieves are RAMPANT!!! The Rambla is horrible and they stalk you until you relax and get a gelato and they make their move. They are all in on it- The Mimes the riff-raff all of them. They live there day in and day out and all know who's who. One can actually sit in one spot long enough and eventually see them at work. The Police enforce nothing and know all the local characters. If the thieves don't get you the bar keepers will.
Just hold on to everything and love the beauty of what once was.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Pamplonarun
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I stayed at the W for two nights in June. We had read ahead of time that the W is not centrally located, so we were content to spend two days walking along the beach and exploring the Barcelonetta and Port Vell area. I'm very happy that we did.

The hotel is a stunning modern building on the very edge of the beach. It looks like a giant silver sail coming out of the ocean. Our room was one of the basic W rooms, but the view was breathtaking, and they set it up in such a way that your floor to ceiling windows are the focal point.

While there, we took advantage of the pool deck, the beach, the gym, the W Store and the Eclipse Bar. All of these were done well - the attention to detail and service excellent. The Eclipse Bar was incredibly cool, and the large cocktail list made for a fun cocktail hour near sunset looking out over Barcelona and the ocean. I almost laughed out loud when I used the washroom in the bar to realize that its urinals are set up in such a way as to give you an unobstructed view of the ocean while you are doing your business!

I think the W chain is known for its level of service. This was confirmed to me in a number of ways - the concierge making us a dinner reservation upon our arrival at a fish restaurant in town; one of the porters getting us a taxi and providing directions to the driver in Catalan so that we wouldn't get lost with the language barrier; pool staff being around and ready to bring us anything we might need in an instant; being able to hop the line to the bar as a paying guest; etc. The service definitely lived up to its reputation.

Sure, this place is expensive. But I think that's to be expected with the quality of service and the overall experience. I managed to get a good deal on a discount website, making it even better.

If you are willing to spend the extra, and also willing to be a little further from the action, this is a wonderful option which I would jump at the chance to go back to again.

Dear awj_parker,

Thank you for such a detailed review of your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the views of your room and even the ones at Eclipse´s WC!

I hope we see you again!

All the best,