W Barcelona
NH Sants Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Bar/Lounge
US$230
US$223
  • Breakfast included
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$195
US$177
Torre Catalunya
  • Restaurant
US$200
US$175
Agoda.com
Hesperia Sant Joan(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$494
US$400
Priceline
6,774 results
All reviewseclipse barbliss spabravo restaurantwet deckfabulous roomcool corner suitebliss productsfloor to ceiling windowsfrosted glasstop floorsea viewmediterranean seamood lightingpool area isamazing hotelbarceloneta beachhotel guests
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I was looking for a hotel in Barcelona where I could spend a real romantic night with my girlfriend and after staying at W Barcelona I can ensure this is one of the best nights. I contacted the hotel via email and they quickly helped me to find the best room at the best price. I booked a "wonderful" (type) room and when we arrived they upgraded us to a "faboulous" room with best views to the city-beach-sea for free because it was a special occasion for us. The rooms are impressive, very modern and with everything you need in it, and if not, you simply can send them an email and they will prepare it for you (flowers, the favourite song when you enter the room, etc). Staff is very gentle and excellent care. Honestly, there are a lot of hotels with views in Barcelona but not as modern and nice as this one! I believe during summer period is even better...so i will absolutely try it!
The only thing I did not like is that parking. I left my car to the concierge and i didn't know that there was a cost per night of 25 Euros.

Room Tip: I would recommend to contact the hotel to choose the best views, I really like to see city-beach-sea all in one!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Enric83
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I would like to comment how pleased I was with the service provided to me by your team members, Alfredo, Lisandro, Yan Ting and Ernesto and of course everyone in the Business Center. During my recent trip I was fortunate enough to stay at Palace Hotel.
Even being a Starwood rate customer, Alfredo made sure everything was good at the time of check in helped us with acomodations at the hotel. Lisandro and Ernesto in Concierge always sugested great places to visit and restaurant and very fluent in English to help us understand and guide us through.

This hotel was good, but a little off to a side from the center city. It clean and well-maintained hotel - it actually has a lovely interior, however, we had plumbing issues and the hotel has been open for only a year or so... Shower had less pressure and sink drain was becoming a pool.
Really friendly staff member Saif-ul who guided us through the area and since we are vegetarians, he was very helpful on the places to eat and visit. He went above and beyond to help us have a good stay at the W Hotel. He truly is an asset to the hotel. My husband and I wanted to make sure that Hotel's senior management is aware of his dedication. Meeting Saif-ul was the best thing that happened to us in W Hotel Barcelona.
Definetly ask for him for guidance and assistance!

Room Tip: City and/or Sea View
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
wquality, Director of Quality at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Dear friaz,

I would like to show my appreciation for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

You can be sure that I will share your comments with Saiful and our General Manager to congratulate him for a job well done.

In terms of the condition of your room, please accept my humble apologies for the lack of pressure in the shower and the sink drain. Our engineering team will look into it.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and for posting your review.

I wish you all the best,

Director of Quality

Reviewed January 3, 2012

This hotel has it all.

Pool area is perfect, beautiful location / setting and right beside the each.

staff are attentive and service s excellent.

Rooms are designed to a high standard and always ask for a sea view / city view room.

The bar on the top floor can get lively and is always busy.

Overall you need deep pockets to stay here but this hotel does cater for it's client well.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I love this city and hotel you get a big city and the beach all in one. The hotel is modern with a great shower and great serice. My wife and I made a whole day just laying out at the pool drinking estrella damm and food. DA GRECO is the best place to eat in barcelona. We checked out the picasso museum and gaudi park and the church we took the train from madrid which was nice

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We have spent 1 week after Xmas @ W BCN.
Good points are:
- fabulous views (esp. from "fabulous" rooms) - an excellent point to enjoy sunsets and sun rising from a comfortable sofa next to large windows overlooking the port, Montjuic, the seaside.
- nice decor of the rooms, and overall of the hotel
- a fantastic experience @ Bliss spa (massage and facial for my wife)
- friendly management of the Hotel
Still would like to mention some things that could be better or might be improved:
- we have ordered a baby crib in advance, however we have had to remind twice untill it was delivered late in the evening (1st time the housekeeping has brought an additional bed for an adult). Moreover, the crib was just empty, and the housekeeping did not provide us with the bed sheets for the crib.
- the rooms doors are extremely difficult to open (esp when you are with the baby trolley)
- no shoe polish in the room, no tea / coffee machine either
- a day before our departure @ 10 pm we received a call from the reception desk, asking us to come down and place additional money to our deposit. The lady was very persistent, telling us that she was trying to reach us for 2 days (however we have not got any text message, nor telephone calls the day before, when we even did not leave the room).
- the choice of the inroom dining menu is rather poor, not so many "healthy" items to order
- one day we ordered a black tea and rice water to the room (my wife got poisoned), and they have charged 15 euros, which is too much to my mind for such kind of service, especially if a guest orders 1-2 times a day with an average bill of 70-100 euros.
- a door in the lobby toilet (male) was broken, and could not be open from inside. The management was aware, but nobody even printed a message on the door to prevent the hotel guests

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Vladislav_Shulga
wquality, Director of Quality at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Dear Vladislav_Shulga,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and for choosing W Barcelona for your winter holidays.

I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the detailed feedback you are providing us.

I have taken notes in regards to your suggestions for improvement, and I have to say, I completely agree and understand you. Please accept my sincere apologies for failing in delivering the kind of experience you expected from us.

Your review will reach all member of our management so corrective actions are taken.

I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back as I am sure we will be able to recover your trust. We are proud of the W experience we create for our guests, and if we fail we take it very seriously.

Best Regards,