NH Barcelona Ramblas(Barcelona)
US$165
US$120
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

Barcelo Raval(Barcelona)
US$245
US$136
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
US$220
US$198
Derby Hotels
  • Pool
NH Sants Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$96
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

Hotel Jazz(Barcelona)
Hotel 1898(Barcelona)
US$249
US$198
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

US$140
US$112
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

6,921 results
All reviewseclipse barbliss spabravo restaurantwet deckfabulous roomcool corner suitebliss productsfloor to ceiling windowsfrosted glasstop floorsea viewmediterranean seamood lightingamazing hotelbarceloneta beachhotel guestslong weekend
Reviewed April 21, 2015

My wife and I have enjoyed the Starwood's many brands in many countries, so we were looking forward to booking the W B. Adding to that appeal was the hotel is easily recognizable as our flight went right by the port with its distinctive and stunning blue glass tower which sits jutting out on a breakwater protruding into the sea just off the city. On arrival, taxis pull up quite always out from the entrance and polo-shirted porters are there to greet guests. Lucky it was sunny as there is no weather protection. Check in was a fiasco. The cavernous foyer is decorated in a modern funky style and there were many people in three queues awaiting attention. The whole front desk set up seemed a disaster with a 20 minute wait to get checked in. This was in the middle of the afternoon so no excuse for simply not enough desks and personnel on deck to handle the size of the property. Eventually we were checked in by a friendly and efficient Claudia who was standout amongst the others before we headed up to our room.
Check out our photos and the room review becomes self-explanatory. It might show you the dirt but the room also smelled dank and smoky. There is no fresh air and the interior dependent on the aircon which sends cigarette smoke right thru the whole tower. The view out of the huge windows over the bay and city is impressive, but the shabby run down and dirty interior was a huge let-down, specially as the hotel looks so ultra new and modern and cool in all the promotional material.
Various walls and hard and soft furnishings had off-putting unknown fluid stains on them, the table top was dirty and sticky, and the w.p.b. in the bathroom looked like it had been used as a football. Everything was grimy, consistent with an old motel feel to it, not what you'd expect from a leading site of a leading chain.
There was no soap, shower cap or cottontips - these are typical to be expected amenities - and it took a full 45 minutes after calling down to get housekeeping to bring just 1 single cake of soap. W hotels have replaced the various specific departments on their phones with the gimmicky "Whatever Whenever", and in Barcelona it really was a case of "whatever". Asking for basic things elicited abject indifference reflective a grounded 14-year old. We also requested a blanket be provided as we don't like duvees/doonas, specially in warm climates, and we're still waiting for that to arrive months after getting home! Not a blanket in the whole hotel.... apparently. Or if there is, despite being told it would be sent up, no one could be bothered getting it for us. The public spaces are ultra modern and funky. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant "Flor" was a highlight and the f&b personnel attentive and on the ball. The selection and variety were extensive and to an international standard. On our second night, there was a pool-side party and despite our room's height in the tower, the thumping rap beat pounded and intruded preventing any sleep until well after 2 am with no respite. Goodness knows how anyone poolside or on the lower floors escaped without either industrial deafness or intact eardrums. We're not party-poopers by any means and actually enjoyed a few drinks in the lobby bar enjoying the array and spectacle of so many people dressed to the nines coming out into the hotel for the night, however the outside music was simply excessive at the expense of all other patrons. There was little to show of Spain's youth unemployment or poor economy on-show at the W with designer labels and champagne and cocktails flowing aplenty. Sometime well after midnight when we enquired as to the time the music was scheduled to finish, no-one could say. "Whatever" again for sure. I asked the concierge for a map of the city, as we love to walk everywhere to experience and immerse ourselves in a place. It was a struggle for him to pull himself away from his internet and find one for us.
Overall, we are left wondering, maybe this a condominium hotel and despite the tariff and f&b revenues, there is simply not enough revenue going around to keep up a standard or get properly motivated personnel. Apart from one or two of the restaurant staff, most of the hotel's employees really gave the impression that guests were interrupting them looking cool or planning their social activities. If I was 19 and just wanting to party, then the W is probably a good doorway, but of you're an international traveler seeking a reliable comfortable, efficient and relaxing hotel, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: High and on the opposite side to the pool deck else you risk the party deck noise shocker
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LuxTime
HotelWBCN, Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your experience with fellow travelers.

My sincere apologies for the delays experienced on arrival and noise issues, both are areas of concern we will be proactively improving before the start of the summer season this year.

Please reach out to me when you return, it would be my pleasure to personally ensure your next stay is flawless.

Reviewed April 20, 2015

I stayed 4 nights at the W in Barcelona. The location was fantastic. The bus was down the block and I was in the barrio gotico within 10-15 minutes. The hotel was on the barceloneta beach front and the view was spectacular. The hotel was clean and spacious. I loved my room on the 16th floor.
The customer service at the concierge was top notch. They were able to give me great tips on where to eat, especially inside of boqueria.
i will definitely return to the W when I come back to Barcelona.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carla M
HotelWBCN, Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2015

Hi Carla,

Thanks for your great review!

Our dynamic concierge team are always very excited to promote all the unique and wonderful options Barcelona as to offer!

Please let me know if I can assist you with anything for a future visit.

Reviewed April 20, 2015

Fantastic location, rooms and service. Stayed 2 nights, rooms wonderful.
This is a modern hotel with a great backdrop of the city and overlooking the beach. Perhaps not the cheapest choice but you cant go wrong here!

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

Hi there...

Thanks for your great review! We are very proud of our unique location and striking design.

If I can assist with a future stay please let me know.

See you next time!

Reviewed April 19, 2015

We recently visited the W hotel in Barcelona and were very very disappointed. After a lovely visit to the Spa at the W Hotel in London, my husband and I decided to go for a cocktail at the Barcelona rooftop bar. We had always wanted to visit the bar, and were very much looking forward to having our favourite cocktail , an Espresso martini. We took a taxi out of the main part of the city especially as it was supposed to be a treat.
When we arrived at the hotel and went to the top floor, we were very excited. Then soon to be really let down, as we were told we couldn’t have an espresso martini on the rooftop. It was very quiet Wednesday evening and most of the bar staff were standing with their arms folded. It was explained to us that there was no espresso machine on the top floor and it was not possible to have one sent up from another floor. I could understand the problem, if there was no elevator, or it was very busy. However , there was an elevator, and it was very quiet. We had various members of staff come over and tell us that there was no way they could arrange for one to be sent up. Both my husband and I felt that the staff were almost going out of their way to ‘not organise the cocktail’, when they could have been more helpful and obliging,and made it possible. Being a highly thought of chain of hotels, we expected more. We both felt that the situation was awkward and unnecessary. It really put us off the whole establishment, as at one point , we were asked “if we were residents in the hotel?’, why should this matter? We were paying customers, requesting a cocktail in a well established cocktail bar! If I ran the cocktail bar, I would certainly go out of my way to please the customer, after all, we were only requesting a very popular drink,nothing more.
We felt uncomfortable and unwelcome,so decided to leave and not order anything. We then had to pay for anther taxi to take us back to the main part of the city, where we found an excellent and very welcoming barman at the OhLa hotel, who in fact has won awards for his cocktail mastery. He was so polite and made us the most delicious espresso martini.
The whole experience has really put us off returning to any of the other W Hotel chains. Its a real shame as we frequently travel and live in London.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Philsa75

Dear Guest,

My sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory service received during your Eclipse experience. We are disappointed not to have complied with your simple request and provided you with a memorable cocktail experience.

I know our Eclipse Manager Daniel has already been in contact with you. If there is anything I can do to personally regain your trust in W Barcelona please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

Last night I experienced one of the rudest, most offensive situations I have ever had in a hotel of any quality, let alone a Starwood.

We were in the Eclipse nightclub (VIP with a €900 table) and when in the hotel lobby my friend wanted a photo. He stood on the luggage trolly but as he did so the security rushed over to us and psychically assaulted us. We were pushed out of the hotel aggressively and the security guard said, despite saying he spoke no English, said "your mother is dead"... I was so shocked.

While I except we probably should not have stood on the luggage trolly the level of rudeness and the violent and unprofessional behaviour of the security is unacceptable.

Needless to say we will not be retuning.

The club is actually not very good anyway. The atmosphere is poor and the staff are not friendly. The crowd is nice but the very male dominated. There are better clubs, although the view is good.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank adlr
HotelWBCN, Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2015

Dear Guest,

We were very concerned to read about your experience and take your comments very seriously. In order to conduct a full investigation, please contact me via email so that I can address with you personally.

Sincerely, Badr.