7,121 results
All reviews eclipse bar bliss spa wet deck bravo restaurant cool corner suite fabulous room bliss products floor to ceiling windows frosted glass top floor sea view mediterranean sea amazing hotel barceloneta beach hotel guests luxury hotel long weekend
Reviewed August 30, 2016

We had a great time in Barcelona and staying at the W Hotel made it even more special for us. From the moment we got to the hotel we felt very relaxed and the staff were very friendly and helpful with anything we needed.
we was given a room on the 16th floor that looked out to the sea with a beautiful view that you just cant get from any other hotel in Barcelona.
In the morning when we woke up the room was pitch black and to be able to lay in bed and hit the button for the electric curtains to open was just sooooo good !! and that view first thing in the morning just brightens up your day.... W Hotel...thank you

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

Check in still a nightmare two years later !!There is no point getting up at 2am to fly in for 10 as you cannot have your room until 3pm which really means 3.30/4 if your hounding them and waiting in ridiculous queues to do so. You could travel in swimwear but you'll struggle for a sun bed after 8.30 am.

We were promised the children's beds would be in the room ready and they were not. In the room for 20 mins and then the phone call came to say our room is ready, the lady seemed quite embarrassed when told we were sitting in it. So if your room is ready by 3 they'll let you know at 4! Another 60 mins wait for the children's beds.

When you are spending 650 euros a night on a suite you want to be treated like it but you won't get that here.

At wave restaurant for breakfast young man was reluctant to seat us trying to persuade us to visit one of the other restaurants instead. The selection is good here though. However a waiter tutted when my husband asked for more coffee and I requested tea that never arrived.
Lunch here is average.

Salt restaurant the best food and service and Mamarosa downstairs also very good food.

The beach is terrible, a sea of bodies everywhere it's hectic! Stony and comes with a few old nude men.

Poolside service is slow, pool temperature is cold the children didn't want to stay in. The main pool is slippery we witnessed 3 people fall. Poolside food is not at all good don't bother & get beds at 8 otherwise you don't stand much chance. A lot of the pool areas end up shaded also.

Rooms are comfortable and clean however lacking decent lighting for makeup purposes. Charging station for Apple iPhones are for the older phone and won't suit newer models they needs updating.

Balcony between corridors is dangerous also.

I wish I'd saved my money to be honest this place wasn't worth the spend, we gave it a second chance hoping the management had taken on previous comments but I'd say the management don't care. Hotel is busy with a we don't care attitude.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Essextravellots
WBarcelona, Hotel Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Dear Essextravellots,

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for the time you have spent sharing your experience with us at W Barcelona. I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay was way too far from the level of satisfaction that we strive to achieve for each one of our guests.

I would therefore welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in detail. Would you perhaps have some time to reach me by email so I can access the full details of your reservation? It’s only with feedback like yours, we can improve our services and guest experience, as well as re-train our talents where needed: Our first priority is making you feel welcome: my most sincere apology as we obviously failed you on this matter.
I’d very much appreciate your feedback with regards to this.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Badr Bennis / Hotel Manager
badr.bennis@whotels.com

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

Hotel is a little pricey, but has an excellent location. great pools abd access to beach. On site drinks are expensive and small. within walking distance to great restaurants and shops. overall very nice location.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2016

This hotel is placed right by the sea and I honestly the nicest looking hotels I've ever stayed in. My room was spacious with a good view and the bed was comfy. The pool area was pretty crowded but still nice. The only down side to the hotel is that there was little to no wifi on my floor so I had to go to ground floor to use the wifi. Otherwise, this hotel in definatly worth a stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2016

On top of breathtaking views, drinks were amazing and staff was friendly, this might be a bit pricey for some but worth a stop if you are looking for an early evening drink. It appeared to be a great spot for late night with the DJs, but did not stay that long.

Date of stay: August 2016
Badr_Bennis1, Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Hi there,

Thanks for your positive feedback regarding our Eclipse Bar!

You will definitely have to stay for a longer while next time to enjoy one of our resident DJ sets.

All the best,