“Amazing, Simply Amazing”

W Barcelona
Ranked #122 of 520 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 January 2018

As my first time in Barcelona, the W staff could not have been more amazing...from the moment we stepped into our suite, greeted with champagne and a lovely welcome note to the outstanding bar staff. Marc, Fabio, Marco and Alfonzo not only made our stay welcoming and fun, we now have friends to come and see when we return!
The suite and views were stunning and I highly recommend the W Barcelona to all traveling to this beautiful city!

Room Tip: The cool corner suite is a must!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (6,596)

Reviewed 4 January 2018

My family and I spent Christmas eve in this hotel and to say it was awesome is an understatement. The meal and service was second to none and after we went to the night club on what I think was the 23rd floor (happy mood ) which with its views over the beach and the general vibe is with out doubt the best time we have had. So we have decided that next time in Barcelona we will stop here as it is first class.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Conor C, Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Nigel M,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay comments over the holiday season.

We are delighted to hear that you had been impressed with your stay experience and service received and wish you all the best for the new year.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Conor Cushnahan

Reviewed 4 January 2018

When this place first opened it was the best place in all of Barcelona, not much has changed but other places have upped their game. The building is beautiful, rising from the edge of the beach offering views of the Mediterranean and the city itself. Both in the heart of the city and separated, it offers both tranquillity and fun. You can just as easily use it for popping into Barcelona as stay there and use its amenities, from the lounge to the Eclipse bar/club. The rooms aren't my favourite decoration style but it's certainly in keeping with the view. Again not the cheapest, but that is to be expected from a higher end 5 star and W chain hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with both city and beach view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018

As a loyal SPG Platimun member I was a bit disappointed by the W this time.
First, we reached the property past 3PM and were told that our corner suite wasn’t ready yet.
The agent offered us a room on the second floor or we could wait for 20 minutes in the bar (she provided us with drink vouchers).
Finally our Corner Suite was available but I was disappointed it wasn’t a city view room, would expect the nicer room as a Platinum guest - especially as I booked and paid for a Corner Suite already and hence didn't get any upgrade anyway.

Dinner at Bravo, we were told that we can have a seat but the wait staff is over worked and the food could take an hour - seriously? This was at 8:30PM on December 30th.

For New Year’s Eve I’ve booked and paid in advance at Wave as we were traveling with our 14 year old daughter, hence wasn’t keen to pay EUR 450 for a child at the gala dinner.
However, also disagree with a full charge for a kid of EUR 250 at Wave as she clearly doesn’t drink wine! Something the W needs to consider for future events.
Lined up for 30 minutes at the festive counter for my evening tickets to be told to return at 7PM!?
Complained to the concierge who kindly assisted and got me the tickets subsequently.
However, we did enjoy the New Year's Eve Festivities that night.

The staff at the hotel is generally rather arrogant until they find out that we are Platinum members...suddenly they check on us and introduce themselves. That shouldn’t be the case as all guests should be treated nicely.

Obviously this hotel has an awesome location, unique setting but at that price I would clearly expect a better service and room allocation as a loyal SPG Platinum member.
One final note, at check out I had a charge of EUR 118 for the mini bar although we didn’t consume anything from it at all. The agent reversed the charge and subsequently gave me a EUR 100 credit on my bill which was nice but didn’t change my overall impression.

Hopefully I’ll get a better impression next time as we loved the location of the W Barcelona and we definitely want to visit this awesome city again during summer at some point.

Room Tip: Request a city view room
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Notsofar
FlaviaDanieli, Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Notsofar,

thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W Barcelona.

I am sorry that overall your stay with us wasn't up to your & your family expectations. We took good note of each issue higlighted in your review and we will share them with the team in order to improve our service.

Once again please accept my most sincere apologise and do not hesitate to contact me persoanlly if you wish to come back next summer, I'll be glad to assist you.

Flavia Danieli
Director of Whatever Whenever
W Barcelona

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The property right on the beach front is LIT. The orange corridors, super slick rooms with glass wall overlooking the sea, beautiful glass bathrooms with basin in the room and enterance to the slyly hidden bed behind the study is just ultra modern and chic. The breakfast layover is amaziiiing. The eclipse rooftop bar cum lounge is so well done. The food is out if the world but the service is one notch up than any luxury hotel. Being away from the crowd yet walkable to ramblas and all the hustle and bustle its a great mix of exclusivity and touristy life. I am a vegetarian and upon talking to the staff, I casually had put i am bored of eating bland cheesy meals and pizzas and pastas and asked for any recommendations and in 2 minutes the chef himself was on my table trying to understand what pallet do i have and what kind of flavours am i craving for so that he can custom make a dish for me!! Wait for whats coming next.. 15-20 minutes later my table was flooded with 5 full dishes to try on anddd i was assured i would only be billed for the dish I truly liked!!! Now that is called service and being pampered. Though a small property but it’s totally made to perfection if you like modern luxury.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely upgraded room, due to SPG membership—- faced the beach& city...
2 nice Queen beds ( sometimes rare in Europe)....
Bathroom very modern, toilet area not Uber private or separate if on a romantic jaunt; there’s a frosted door, but no fan—- & quite close to sink area/ bed area....
Lovely robes / slippers...
Front desk man was extremely polite & professional; only minus points for a breakfast experience way below par.... probably due to a holiday, and every toddler in the city limits were in restaurant—- racing & running.... wait staff was swamped—— extra slow service, food was cold; had it comped the next day.

We loved the sushi bar/ lounge/ DH @ the 26th floor—— also looking over beach & city !!
Wonderful bartenders, and drinks !!!

Would return in a minute.....
Sunrise to die for !!!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LT D
Rocio R, Assistant Director of Whatever Whenever at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear LT D,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the service from our staff and service in our Eclipse Bar.

However, I am slightly concern regarding your comment wiht your breakfast experience. Please accept my apologise as this is not our usual standards.

We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kindest regards,
Rocio Redondo

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We spend the New Year’s Eve 2017-2018 at the W Barcelona and had the worst experience. The organization was a real fiasco, I never saw something similar!
As a group, they give us 4 bracelets for one table in W Lounge, 2 friends received bracelets for eclipse and one of us for another party (how can we fave fun together if the organization is so bad and send us to different parties????) And none of three received the 2 drinks/person included in the price of the ticket!!!!!
The waiter Katia was nice, but no one from the staff save the problems....

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Conor C, Manager at W Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear Andreea N,

Thank you for sharing your end of year stay comments.

I do sincerely apologize for the confusion caused with your reservations for the end of year celebrations. We hold several events on the evening of the 31s, each requiring reservations due to popular demand and I am again sorry that we did not resolve the booking issue sooner. We trust you and your friends had enjoyed the party and wish to take this opportunity to wish you again a very happy new year.

Should you travels bring you back to Barcelona this year please do not hesitate to reach out to me for any help or assistance.

Kind regards,