All reviews beach towels wonderful neighborhood tiny bathroom breakfast is served short walk to the metro nice breakfast other guests beautiful terrace yogurt two metro stations public transportation home away from home the ground floor the location is perfect a great place to stay three nights perfect stay
Reviewed August 27, 2015

For starters, they told us 'don't worry, breakfast is included.' Then we find out it is bread or cereal and if we wanted a proper breakfast we had to pay much more. 4 Euros for two eggs? Our room 'overlooking the terrace' was actually looking down on it and the other rundown buildings around the hotel. To make matters worse, one morning we woke up to NO HOT WATER. When I said something about 11 am, I was told they knew about it already and we would just have to wait. There was no hot water until 2 in the afternoon. We were offered nothing, not even an apology, for the inconvenience. The walls are very thin, and the smell from the bathroom was like a sewer. We had to keep the window wide open the whole time. It was disgusting. The directions in the internet were also incorrect! Never again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2015

My flight to Barcelona was delayed, and I arrived very late to the hostel. Mercedes was kind and understanding and stayed up to let me in. That's worth its weight in gold! I stayed in two rooms during my stay; the first was very small (Guinovart) but had a nice barthroom, and the second (Llimona) was a much bigger room, also with a very nice bathroom. The breakfast that's included is very simple (bread and jam, cereal and coffee) and there are options to purchase more food. Although it's well-advertised that the breakfast included with the room is quite minimal, I think it would be nice to increase the offerings with some cheese and fruit. The outdoor dining area is lovely. In terms of location, if you don't need to be right in the center of the action in Barcelona, this is a great spot, especially for beach lovers. The Rambla Poblenou is lively but not overwhelming, and there are great restaurants nearby. There are also two subway stops 10-15 min walk from the hostel.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2015 via mobile

It was our second visit to the Hostal Poblenou and it was as good as we expected it to be. Beefs and lining were very comfortable, room was cleaned every day. The regular breakfast which was included was good and enough and you were able to ask for an additional little money for specific stuff like scrambled eggs, jamon etc. In my opinion the hostal was clean. Poblenou with our own rambla is a perfect place to explore Barcelona without being a typical tourist on THE rambla on the city. Beach is close and the hostal provides towels and big umbrellas. I recommend this place truly. We will stay there on the next upcoming trip. With small kids sleeping on your room it is fine, too. Oh and yes they have cats. But they were nice and not walking on the breakfast table nor sleeping in our room....

Unfortunately the terrace will be closed after breakfast. But it is ok though you have plenty of nice places where you can go in Poblenou.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2015 via mobile

I booked the Hostal Poblenou due to the easy beach access, proximity to restaurants, and positive TripAdvisor reviews. It could not have been any better as far as location! We could easily walk to the beach and relax for the afternoon. Hostal Poblenou provides you with beach towels and an umbrella, an added bonus to staying there. If you are in the mood for a glass of Sangria, looking for a quick bite, or interested in dinner over looking the Sea, you can get all of that within immediate (1-5 min.) walking distance. Some of the nearby restaurants were not the best, but there are so many to choose that you are bound to find one you like.

We stayed in the Gaudí room, and really enjoyed the space it provided. It was a little too hot to keep the balcony door open, but a beautiful bonus to the room. The room and bathroom were very clean. The staff is friendly, and attentive. We also loved seeing the occasional cat during breakfast.

The breakfast is super basic, a little variety would have been nice, but it filled us up each morning.

The only thing I didn't really enjoy was the noise level of both the street and other rooms. We would been woken up when the room next to us couldn't figure out the key, which happened frequently between 4-6am.

Overall, this is a fantastic place to stay in Barcelona! I would stay here again, but just pack some ear plugs to help with the noise in the late hours of the night.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2015

This is the second time I stayed at Hostal Poblenou and again it was a pleasure.

Fine staff, good room, moderate prices, close to my son´s family (important for me) and close to the sea, plus the fact that the whole neighbourhood is a nice area.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family