“A home away from home”

H. Poblenou Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #57 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2017

My friend and I had a far too brief two nights in this dream of a bed and breakfast - Poblenou and stayed in the beautifully light and inspiring Gaudi room. The place was immaculately kept and the attention to small details was especially welcoming - there was even a painted mouse hole to welcome painted mice! Lynda served up the yummiest breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice and even cooked the bacon exactly how I like it. Poblenou Bed and Breakfast is very probably my favourite bed and breakfast in the world. Muchas, muchas gracias Lynda!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 October 2017

This B&B is in a nice location. A bit away from downtown but close to the beach and in a cute neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and a pleasant atmosphere. A nice refuge away from the main tourist area. Breakfast was good and the bathroom was very modern with excellent shower. We had everything we needed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The hostel is immaculate! We enjoyed everything about our stay; the location, cleanliness and overall feel of the place. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and served on a beautiful terrace, although the dining room during colder months is an ideal place to have a meal as well. I highly recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I have visited Poblnou several times, staying in apartments and hotels. This bed and breakfast is the perfect mix of the two and the location is perfect.
Located about 400 metres from the beach, the location is great for a beach holiday, the freely available beach towels are also an ideal option available for guests. The rooms are from the "shabby chic" school of design so don't expect Hilton style luxury however the beds, showers and all the room additions like tea, coffee and shower gel are all great quality.
Breakfast is served on the terrace or in the small breakfast area, the staff are warm,friendly and always looking to help you out. They serve a great breakfast and good coffee too!
The whole ambience of the hotel is very relaxed in a vintage Catalan style my one moan would be that they could make more use of the terrace ? I feel it could be used as a little meeting place for guests to shade from the sun in the late afternoon perhaps. The option is open to guests but I felt it was not encouraged, perhaps I am wrong.
Be aware of the two resident cats, I loved them and one of them seemed very friendly towards me however the younger black one treated me with usual cat like disdain.
I can recommend the Hostal to anyone looking for a comfy, relaxed place to enjoy PobleNou. The staff were all excellent, I recommend room 5, handy for bus, metro, beach and some lovely local bars.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Hostal is a gorgeous little B&B, lovely warm welcome, comfortable clean rooms, beautiful terrace to take breakfast (and really nice breakfast!). Best of all, it's a 7-minute walk to the beach - that means early morning swims when you have the beach almost entirely to yourself. I will definitely be staying here again next time I'm in Barcelona!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2017

If you wish to have a peaceful stay in Barcelona, this is the perfect place. The terrace is absolutely stunning, and the breakfast is delicious. The rooms are very nice and clean, on a fair price.
Try it and you'll come back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I appreciated very much the terrace where we had breakfast in the morning. The main drawnack is that that we were three and they added an extra bed in a two-persons room.The ladies are very kind and the location is perfect to go to the seaside and to the centre of town.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business