“This was our least favorite tapas spot.”

Cerveceria Naviera Hosteleria Alemana
Ranked #8,513 of 10,733 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: La Rambla
Reviewed February 28, 2017

Unfortunately, we did not enjoy this tapas experience whatsoever. We kept passing this place during our walks through Las Ramblas and we really wanted to give it a try because the tapas on display looked so tasty! However, once you get seated (far away from the displays so you have no images to reference the menu items too) everything went down hill. The food was bland and not very tasty. Many things on the menu werent even available. Also, we were actually asked by the cashier to leave a tip. 2 Thumbs down.

Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

Wouldn't even give this a star.. doesn't even deserve it. We were unlucky and walked into this place because we were drenched from the rain, looking for a tapas lunch. When we walked in they sent us upstairs telling us upstairs was to eat and downstairs was to drink. The waiter upstairs didn't sit us on any table to we sat in the only table available which was a table of 6 (could've easily been moved to make a table of 4 and 2 for us). A very rude Spanish waitress came out complaining at how rude we had been to sit on a table of 6 not knowing that we both spoke fluent English and Spanish. I proceeded to tell her that manners are the same in any language to which then she spoke to me as if I was dumb saying upstairs was only for 'plates of food', without knowing what we were after. She sent us back downstairs which by this point I was fuming. We stayed because of the rain. The waiter downstairs was not bothered to serve us and took forever to bring us a menu, in which he then rushed us to order. We ordered 3 small plates of tapas because we couldn't even carry on ordering because he stopped us half way through and took away the menu. He told us the croquettes were coming in a portion of 4, so we ordered 2. What arrived was 2 croquettes on their own. The calamares were the worst I have ever tasted in my entire life. Even frozen supermarket calamares taste better. Tasted rubbery. We ended up paying 25 euros for absolutely disgusting food and even worse service... and decided to find another tapas restaurant further down las ramblas. Would totally avoid and hope no one makes the mistake we did by entering this place because it's one of the first places in las ramblas. If you walk further down, by the side alleys there are absolutely stunning tapas restaurants.

Reviewed November 24, 2016

We were looking for a drink and tapas and were attracted by the sparkly lights from across the road.
We asked what some of the tapas was and had a few things pointed out to us and went and sat down.
We ordered from the selection we had just seen (confirmed in the English menu) and then the waiter came back a while later with two of the dishes and said we couldn't have the third one we'd ordered as none had been made. As we had seen it in the counter, my husband took the waiter over and showed him where they were.
The waiter had seemed strange from the off and clearly just couldn't really be bothered to serve everything - who knows why!!
So, the food was fine but the service needs improving and with such a wide choice of tapas bars to go to you don't really need to bother going here.

Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

Keep in mind I came in when there were few people in, we sat there for about 10 minutes before someone came to ask for drinks, during those 10 minutes another table of French people came in and they got served right away, I wanted to believe that maybe they were regulars, so another 10 minutes to get drinks and the French table already drinking and ready to order which that's where I saw the problem, so ordering the food was also a mess, they brought whatever they wanted plus what I ordered, once eating I ordered another round of drinks and to my surprise never came, I went to the bar where the bartender refused to serve me and then a manager told me she would take care of me and stupid me giving her my order and me returning to my table just to see her walk around and never make sure about my drinks, that was it, I had to leave and my drinks were never even ordered. So yes DON'T come here!! Avoid at all cost!!!

Reviewed October 11, 2016

Not even possibly the worst restaurant in Spain.. Definately the worst restaurant in Spain. did not listen to what I ordered just brought some abosolute rubbish, what they called Tapas mix.. which I did not order. the food was the kind of thing you put in the over from a cheap frozen party mix selection! they then tried to massivley over charge us and did not care in the slightest. we saw people at the bar arguing with the staff too.
They simply want you to come in, feed you some rubbish and charge a fortune with absolutely no care that you will hate it and give a bad reveiw. Any food lovers in Spain should burn this place down.

1  Thank cibre2016