“Not My Type of Art”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$11.89*
and up
Barcelona MACBA Museum of Contemporary Art...
Ranked #355 of 775 things to do in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: A comprehensive collection of Spanish, Catalonian and European modern and contemporary art housed in a striking white building designed by architect Richard Meier.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I got free admission with my Barcelona Card. Photography is allowed in the museum. This museum featured contemporary artwork. I have to admit that the artwork in this museum did not appeal to me.

There are lockers for storage and a gift shop. Watch where you are walking in the large outdoor plaza since there were a number of skateboarders around.

All reviews
"architect"
in 9 reviews
"spain"

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

if contemporary Art is your thing this is a pretty good experience there is a lot to see a lot to get from all of the displays or paintings.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

My friend and I (keen artists) visited MACBA after reading great things about it this March. The architecture of the building is minimal and beautiful - but thats probably the best thing about it.

The exhibitions don't hold much explanation and there is no clear guide how to follow it around, as there are lots of different rooms containing unrelated projects.

The best part of our visit here was seeing a couple installations, but again, they were very open to interpretation. I guess we are used to going to museums such as the Tate that hold an artist statement for key pieces.

We went on Saturday at 4pm as it was free on this time, so if you're going to visit I would say try and visit when it's free as we didn't feel it was worth an entry fee!

1  Thank Zoé A
Reviewed March 24, 2018

We visited the museum in a group and had a very good tour by a guide who made us understand and to some extend even start to appreciate some of the pieces of art that would otherwise not be ... OK, "de colorises et ...".