“Service with a smile”

GreenLeadersBronze level
East Islip, New York
“Service with a smile”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay and will certainly recommend it to our friends and family. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and went out of their way to help when needed. The property was great, right on the beach and lovely view from our room. The breakfast buffet was excellent, not inexpensive, but certainly worth a try. Furniture in rooms are a bit worn, but still ok. I recommend this hotel highly.

1 Thank 2fortheroad195

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (931)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
nottm
Reviewed 25 February 2012

The only word to describe the experience, luxury and service provided by Cam (Hotel manager) and his team, is flawless. Perfection, setting the standard for 5 star plus accommodation.

We can't wait to return - and will !!

Thx Cam - Rob & Caroline Walker

Room Tip: city views are fabulous - club lounge well worth the upgrade
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My wife and I came to Barcelona for 5 days - we chose to stay a 2 nights in 2 hotels and a 3rd night in a third hotel to explore different areas of the city.

After reading reviews here and looking at the benefits offered through American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts we chose to stay on the Club Level and arrive to this hotel. (late check out / €85 voucher).

We arrived around 10am from the airport and after approaching the check in desk on the 1st floor (2nd in US) were escorted to an elevator bank up to the 33rd floor where we were welcomed by name, given beverages, and quickly checked into our room that was waiting for us.

The room was nice - furniture starting to wear but nice - B&O TV unfortunately burned in with artifacts from welcome message being repeatedly displayed. Bedding great and comfortable. The views were wonderful - larger rooms face NW and SE - normal rooms Dave NE and SW - I think SW beach view is nicer - we had NE view of adjacent office tower next door with marina.

The location of this hotel is near the beach but far from most things people come here to see. The metro is easily accessed a few blocks away and cabs are plentiful - but it is a good long walk to the gothic quarter which is why we stayed in multiple hotels (this one, 1898, & W). You can look up the road and see the Segrada Familia on axis with the Cassandra de la Marina.

The thing we most loved about this hotel was the service and the staff in the Club Lounge. Really nice spreads of food for breakfast, lunch, and evening snacks (really could call it a buffet of appetizers which combined make a meal) - you could eat all of your meals here and never get board with it - and the food along with drinks were all included as part of the club level. The staff were always friendly and talkative as well as helpful and always willing to answer questions about the city or help get tickets. We especially recall Michal who brought us decaf Capachinos, Sonia who helped us get tickets, Madhu who checked us in and out and answered questions and Raluca who always made sure we had all we needed to eat or drink - but everyone we interacted with was wonderful.

We used our voucher to eat at one of the hotels restaurants: Enoteca - the food was interesting and good - but pricey - the voucher offset the cost 40% or so for the two of us. We very much liked our Server Dani who went out of her way to explain things and answer our questions and still manage to provide the same great service we were given to her other tables.

We also used the electric smart car which was free to use in increments of time (I think 4 hours) to guests staying in the Club Levels.

We regret we did not make it to the spa, and we very much missed the club level with its food and beverage after moving onto our next hotel. We checked out at 4pm but hope to return soon.

It was the most welcoming hotel of our stay and fit perfectly as the first hotel to recover from the flight in and take an easy first few days. We will go back and likely explore other Ritz Carlton's based in tis experience.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank nolatravel
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear nolatravel,

I am very glad that your stay at Hotel Arts was to your entire satisfaction and I thank you very much for having taken your time to share your experience.

Should your travels bring you back to Barcelona, please do not hesitate to contact me personally to make your reservation. For any enquiry, please write to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com; it will be my pleasure to be in contact with you.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Though I was staying at the Hotel Arts for work. I enjoyed my few peaceful moments at the hotel. I especially looked forward to my showers every morning in this wonderful room with rain shower and sauna like feeling in the room. I loved forward to my baths before going to bed. The room amenities are a perfect combination of items which encourage you to spend time taking a shower and bath. The window are huge with where you can sit staring out at the beach and mountains sipping a glass of wine or a cup of coffee. Loved the Nespresso machine in the room! The hotel has beautiful flowers everywhere, candy's in the lounge in the main lobby which changed as the days went by. The staff were extremely attentive and there was always someone around if you needed help with just about anything you might need. Everyone was extremely helpful with a smile 24hours a day. There are balconies everywhere for you to enjoy the outside. Though exceptional cold when we were there it was still beautiful. Close to a metro stop, the beach, wonderful seafood restaurants. the beach. A 30 minute leisurely walk to the Ramblas, the hop on, hop off bus has a stop next to the hotel. It is a real treat, privilege to stay there. During my stay two minor incidents happened however the hotel were apologetic and helpful. A lovely stay!! Ruby Montreal

Room Tip: Rooms with larger numbers 2014 as an example face beach and mountains.. for those leisurely moments...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ruby R
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel is a top notch property, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again. Nicely appointed, big rooms with great bathrooms. Inviting common areas and the food is very good. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help you. They are extremely genuine and one of the hotel's best assets! I was here for a big corporate meeting, they did a great job with everything and I was especially impressed with the dinner served one evening for over 200 people. It was very good quality for a group of that size.

The hotel is a block from the beach and water. It would be the ideal location in summer! The views of the ocean, beach and city are great. The hotel is a bit far from the main tourist sights, though. probably the one drawback of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I stayed 8 nights at Hotel Arts February 2012. The hotel is right on the beach and we had a lovely seaview room. The reception and concierge services were excellent, very friendly and helpful staff. However, there were a few quirks with the room. There was a privacy light, which we turned on, but to no avail. Housekeeping entered/tried to enter our room 4 times our first day (jetlagged, we just wanted to sleep most of the afternoon). We learned they kept trying to enter our room to deliver a welcome gift of chocolate covered strawberries---we would have liked to have some sleep first. We were told that the privacy light does not work, but instead one needs to put on the old-fashioned "Do Not Disturb" sign outside our door. There was none in our room so we had to order it. There was no hotel book to let us know of this quirky fact as we were told when we asked, that the hotel had gotten rid of the hotel book---too many guests stealing it. Oddly, even when we put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door, housekeeping tried to enter one more time----it was only after my husband confronted the cleaning lady that they heeded the sign.
We would stay at the Hotel Arts again for sure, and other than this weird little quirk, we did enjoy our stay.

4 Thank MiffysPillowBook
Dear honeydewchase,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us since it helps us to improve our facilities and services.

I regret the reclamations you’ve made concerning your room and I ask you to accept my most sincere apologies. You can be sure that we will take your feedback as a chance to review and improve the aspects you mention.

Should you have any further comments on your stay at Hotel Arts I kindly invite you to contact me personally. To do so, please call +34 93 221 1000 or by mail writing to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com.

Thank you in advance for your help. I am looking forward to receiving your e-mail soon.
Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
New York
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My wife and I just returned from 2 nights at the arts. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left it was an amazing experience. We were welcomed warmly and greeted by name when we came and went. The concierge staff was very helpful. When the guest relations manager at check in realized we were tired from our early am flight and arrival she immediately offered water and a few sweets on a tray - we didn't ask but boy was that welcome and a touch. The room was fantastic - great bathroom, comfortable bed, great view. Very high end. And we were staying on Marriott points! Couldn't ask for anything more, if you are in Barcelona you must stay here.

3 Thank nycfam123