“luxury overkill”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“luxury overkill”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

staying on the 7th floor and can still hear the street traffic. the charge for WIFI is 25 Euros per day per DEVICE. Totally outrageous. Way too many buttons just to work the lights. no TV reception at all. Everone pushes for a tip.

• Stayed March 2012
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear nappyrabbit,

Thank you for having taken your time to send us your opinion on Hotel Arts Barcelona since it helps us to improve our service.

I regret that there have been some details that were not to your satisfaction during your stay at Hotel Arts and I ask you to accept my apologies. You can be sure that we will review your comments to improve the aspects you’ve mentioned.

Furthermore, I would like to invite you to send us more detailed feedback about your stay. Please feel free to contact us at hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com. Thank you in advance for your e-mail.

Hotel Arts Barcelona

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (953)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Wow what a hotel. This place had been talked up to me by everyone that had ever been and i see why. It's simply perfectly run.., friendly and highly professional, beautiful and stunning, it's just a place you should go. The room, well apartment (comes with its own open top Mini, Macbook etc) was incredible (huge with the largest, most comfortable bed i have ever slept in) with views across the city (including from your bed) but equally you could request views of the sea (it sits on the beach) or a bit of both due to its location.

I have to admit the stay was a gift to me, thankfully so as an apartment could set you back a bit, the suites as well but a room would be equally as exciting. If money is no object do it and stay unless you have not been to barcelona before! Why do i say this, well it's a great city and you wont want to leave the hotel or its grounds!

Great service, stunning views, friendly, organised, chic. Enjoy.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 2 March 2012

A train problem in Germany caused my wife and I to miss our flight out of Munich to Barcelona.
Ten hours later, we arrived in Barcelona and pulled up to the Hotel Arts just after Midnight.
Exhausted we approached the front desk to check in and apologized for being so late and explained our ordeal. The night clerk noticed that we had stayed at the hotel before and taking heart to our train and plane issues said he would upgrade our room. Wow! What an upgrade. He gave us one of the Apartments on the top floor of the hotel. 3 bedrooms, living room, dining room, full kitchen, 3 bathrooms and an outside terrace that gave us a view of all of Barcelona and the Mediterranean. Service was impeccable, food was excellent and the staff was like family. If you are going to Barcelona, there is no better place to stay than the Hotel Arts.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank mike e
Dear mike e,

I am very pleased to read that we could give you some unique and unforgettable moments with the room upgrade and I thank you for letting us know about your experience.

When you come back to Barcelona next time, I hope to welcome you to Hotel Arts again and I invite you to personally contact me in order to make your reservation. Please write to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com; it will be my pleasure to receive your e-mail.

Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 2 March 2012

One of the few hotels with a pool in Barcelona, must be taken in mind by visiting the city in summer.
The arrival is a bit strange, because I had to go up an elevator to get into the lobby. I was escorted to the room by the guy who went up my luggage and - very courteous he explained about the changes that had happened in the city in recent years. This is one of the things that are unfortunately lost in the hotels in the last few years - good conversation and knowledge by the workers instead of a continuous false smile.

Location – In front of an small harbor, that’s one of the party areas in the city. It could be annoying at night.

Rooms – Not as big as I was expecting, but is modern, quite and good ocean views.

Staff – The best point of the hotel. Polite and very dynamic, very well trained to work at Ritz Carlton. Younger guys are eager to please the guest, with an international flair that is lacking in many european hotels.

Restaurant – Several good choices. 2 Michelin star Arola restaurant is amazing since the time you get there. Don't settle for good food nearby when you can have great food in Arola. The other restaurant Enoteca is quite good with a terrific wine selection.

Gym & Spa – Wonderful both. Experienced staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed here on a company trip back in July 2011. It has superb views across the ocean and the rooms are fantastic. I particularly liekd the addition of a Nespresso machine in the room - a quality touch. The hotel is right on the beach in safe part of town. I was with colleagues and we had a great time visitng the beach bars which are situated almost directly underneath the hotel itself. The one aspect of the hotel which was a bit annoying (hence the 4 star review as opposed to 5) was that to get to your room from street level involved a very complicated stroll around numerous corners and it was easy to get lost. I think this was a flaw in the original design fo the hotel because I can't see why you would have things arranged this way. I never made breakfast (too many 4am finishes in the bars, I'm afraid so I can't comment on this but the service in all other dining experiences was excellent. If you are in Barca and want a hotel located near the beach but still within reach of everythign else the city has to offer, look no further

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We liked the hotel very much. Its beautiful, the rooms are large (although mine was a little noisy) and the staff is very will trained. The negative aspect would be the very expensive restaurants, but still, I recommend and would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Chessington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

A very friendly welcome with a glass of cranberry juice in the Club Lounge, but they didn't seem to know that we had stayed with them several times before (albeit five or more years ago).
We were given room 3204, just below the Lounge, a big room with views of both city and sea. It had a huge bed, comfy chairs, desk, fridge, Nespresso machine, CD player. The bathroom was relatively small, with a separate bath, shower and WC. The decor was slightly worn in some areas and part of an electrical socket fell off the wall when we used it. There was no turndown service at all.
The service in the Club Lounge was very good, and the food presentations all excellent, especially breakfast.
We had light snacks downstairs in Frank's bar, which were good, but expensive (€13 for 6 small pieces of fish and a dipping sauce!). Also, whilst WiFi was free and quite quick in the Lounge, it had to be paid for (€25) in the room, which seemed a bit mean. Because our BA mobile app wouldn't work in the Lounge, we had to go to the Business Centre in the basement and pay €5 to use the Internet for 15 minutes to check in for our return flight. And this after paying over €400 for the room!
We have stayed at the Arts many times, and still love the service and the views, but feel it now needs to up its game as there is much more competition out there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PotterMoose
Dear PotterMoose,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Arts again and for having taken your time to send us your opinion.

I am glad that you overall had an enjoyable stay and I assure you to take your comments as a chance to review the points you’ve mentioned. Please feel free to also send us any other feedback on your stay to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com.

It would be my pleasure to keep in touch with you and I hope to welcome you again soon to Hotel Arts Barcelona.