2,319 results
All reviews cathedral view barcelona cathedral gothic quarter rooftop spa cathedral bells great location picasso museum barri gotic la rambla small balcony hop on hop off bus wonderful hotel superior room hotel restaurant tapas breakfast was included visiting barcelona
Reviewed May 17, 2015

We stayed for five nights in a deluxe room facing the cathedral. The room had two balconies and was newly refurbished, clean and fresh! No complaints! Breakfasts and dinners were acceptable, but no more than that. The hotel location is ideal. My great concern, however, is the bad attitude and arrogance of the reception staff upon checking out: Since we had a late flight home, we asked whether we could sit in the lounge for some few hours before departing by taxi to the airport. Yes we could, it was affirmed. We were, however, interrogated by four (4!) different reception staff asking us who we were, what we are doing in the lounge, if we were waiting for our room to be ready, etc.etc. They clearly wanted us to get out. We are a decent couple in our fifties and frequent travelers, and have never experienced anything similar. Especially not after just having paid €1,500 in the very hotel. It seems that the hotel reception has no control whatsoever who are their guests and who are not! And that, plus bad manners, are not a good combination!
P.Ryman, Stockholm, Sweden

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel C, General Manager at Hotel Colon, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2015

Dear Marzenna R,

First of all, thank you for staying at Hotel Colón and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
We really appreciate to receive our guests’ reviews since it is the best way we have to understand and progress.

As General Manager, I am glad to learn that the room where you’ve been allocated was to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed the hotel location.

At the same time, I am terribly sorry to hear about our front desk staff bad attitude.

I talked with them about your feedback and I would like to let you know that it was a problem of communication between the reception staff members and that they are really sorry for all the inconveniences that this issue caused you. We hope that you will accept our sincerest apologies!!

It would be a real pleasure to have a chance to accommodate you again in the future, having a chance to show you our improvements.

Reviewed May 15, 2015 via mobile

So impressed with every aspect of this hotel on my recent stay with my Sister. Its location opposite the Gothic Cathedral must be the best of any hotel in the city with stunning views from both the bedrooms and the Spa on the rooftop terrace. The staff are efficient and helpful and can speak good English. The bedrooms are stylish, immaculate and comfortable and ours on the fourth floor had a balcony to enjoy the Cathedral view directly opposite. The rooftop Spa is free to guests and is well worth a visit after a day's sightseeing. The restaurant food is also first rate and reasonably priced for a top hotel. We were celebrating my Sister's birthday so I wanted the hotel to be a good one but it exceeded expectations and we will definitely be returning !

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel C, General Manager at Hotel Colon, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2015

Dear CocoChanel007,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Colón for your stay in Barcelona and for taking the time to share your opinion on TripAdvisor.

As General Manager, I am proud to learn that your stay with us was great and that you really enjoyed the hotel location, the room where you’ve been allocated with the Cathedral view, the front desk staff efficiency, the Rooftop terrace and Spa and the restaurant food.

We always strive to provide an excellent experience for all our guests and to learn that we exceeded your expectations is really important for us!!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 15, 2015

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel and yet again I was not disappointed. I stayed here with a friend and my daughter for 3 nights and the experience was very very good. The hotel has a romantic, old fashioned appeal for me and I loved the chintz and the reception area and the lovely big shutter doors you can open in the rooms. I dont have a criticism, I would absolutely stay here again !

Room tip: We didnt have a cathedral view, BUT that didnt matter, you can get the view from the spa and the lovely cocktail terrace on the roof !
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Amanda C,

First of all we want to thank you for staying with us for the second time and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to learn that your experience with us was great again and that you really enjoy the hotel decoration and it atmosphere. I will inform the hotel owner about your kind comment, I am sure that she will be happy to hear that!!

It would be a real pleasure to have a chance to accommodate you for the third time, so please don’t hesitate in contacting us next time you visit Barcelona.

Reviewed May 14, 2015

the staff was awesome and the breakfast was extensive. The hotel is directly across the street from the cathedral with sunday mass. the hotel staff was very helpful with cars and tours and there are lots and lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance.

Room tip: face the church
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear lexilucci,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Colón for your stay in Barcelona and for taking the time to share a review on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read that you had a great stay with us, especially enjoying the hotel location, the front desk staff service and the breakfast.

We are committed to providing our guests the best possible stay and to learn that you felt comfortable and happy while whit us make us really happy.

Please let us know next time you are in town, since we would love to accommodate you again!!

Reviewed May 13, 2015

Great location opposite the old cathedral. Elegant lobby & helpful reception staff. Cozy bar for cocktails or tea. Rooms are clean & elegant with private bath. A very comfortable hotel just 4 blocks from Catalunya Square shopping & airport bus.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank vin0tint0

Dear vin0tint0,

Many thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience with the others fellow travelers on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to read that your stay with us was great and that you really enjoyed the hotel location, the staff courtesy, the ground floor bar and the room where you lodged.

We would love to have a chance to accommodate you again in the future, so please don’t hesitate in contacting us next time you are planning to visit Barcelona.