“Great food, great service”
Review of Can Kenji

Can Kenji
Ranked #566 of 10,751 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gracia
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

I'm from the US, so our sushi includes a great selection of varying rolls. Here, there are only a few rolls, but other options of tataki, nigiri, and sashimi. I'm not sure if sushi in the US is catered towards rolls and maybe this is a more accurate description of Japanese cuisine, but don't come here expecting a lot of roll options. That being said, everything we had was amazing. We especially enjoyed the duck tataki, miso soup, and green tea and Bailey's tiramisu. The staff was very attentive! The wine was also better than expected. Definitely a good experience with affordable prices!

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

Real Japanese restaurant with a cozy atmosphere, interesting dishes (not only sushi) and fair prices. If you want to go there at the weekend you have to book 2 or 3 days before.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Decor needs work.

However don't be fooled by this as the food is very good. Sushi is good. Mackerel was fantastic. Udon with clams was tasty. Green tofu with mushrooms is very good. Tofu is silken not hard.

Service is good. Staff were attentive. You can also sit just in front of chefs cooking which is different.

Japanese dessert with red bean and pancakes is just ok. Not my cup of tea.

I would go back again.

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

I was expecting a lot from this, considering the good reviews. I've been a bit disappointed. Food is good, good quality but nothing to say "yes I want to come back".
I don't know if it is always like this but I found the service very slow and not good for big group.
Better, if you go with a big group, do no share and every one of you order by himself/herself and try to order at once.
Conclusion, is not bad, but I wouldn't return.

1  Thank PaoloComo83
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Make sure you make reservations . Small resteraunt not much seating. We sat at the bar area which was nice as we watched the Viking and sushi making! We had a bit of everything it was orgasmic! The blend of flavored was so well done. The tempura batter was so light. The dishes are small so order enough as it's so good you will not want to share. The sushi so fresh . All fish dishes yummy. Very pleasant staff and sushi makers entertaining! Would come back next time I'm in town! Great wine also!!!