1,245 results
All reviewsstudio apartmentgreat locationcarrefour supermarketsmall kitchenettemini kitchencooking facilitiesself cateringla boqueria marketgood sizetravel agentcentral locationclean towelsgothic quarterwater pressurebreakfast roomlight sleeperrooftop terrace
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed there for 6 nights in an apartment and it was fine. If you are expecting and needing all the facilities of a hotel it's not. We had a one bedroom studio, everything worked well. I don't think many people cook as the night I did I set the smoke alarm off so as a tip use the exhaust fan regardless. Our room was on the ramblas and it was noisy but we both wore ear plugs and it was okay. It cost us 9eu to wash and dry but we thought that was reasonable. The Internet is only in the lobby , but we had friends staying across the road that gave us their password so we were able to sit in starbucks and tap into the hotel. Otherwise use Starbucks but its I only 45 minutes a time and it taps out. The staff were very friendly and helpful, gave us tips of where to go etc but they are not concierges. It truly is in the best location for everything and we would stay again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We took a studio room, which included a functional kitchen, a sitting areas and a bedroom and a balcony. The room was spacious and the bathroom also was decent sized. the best part about this aparthotel is that for first time travelers to Barcelona, this is the best location. its right on La ramblas. everything is very close from here, the Metro Station, supermarket is right opposite the hotel and its walking distance from el cortes ingles, which is the largest departmental store in Barcelona. The staff was very friendly and helpful too. our only problem with this place was sometimes it used to get too noisy as the street itself is very noisy. there was even a laundry service you could use at the basement. which was very reasonable and easy to use. I anyways like staying at Apart Hotels and this one qualified as a good one.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karmakola_001
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I chose the Citadines as it is managed by the Ascott group whose properties I've stayed at before.

Very friendly welcome from receptionist who was also helpful throughout my stay. Room not ready (I was early) but I was offered complimentary tea/coffee/water, plus use of the wifi and storage for my luggage.

I asked for a quiet apartment and was a bit disappointed to be put in a room opposite a lift, but it was very quiet, and situated at the back of the building. I slept very well until the last night when someone chanelling Keith Moon partied on next door (you can't choose your neighbours!). The sound-proofing seemed good, but he was extra loud! Aircon worked fine, room was very clean although a bit shabby. The facilities of a studio apartment outweighed the shabbyness. Had one maintenance issue which was immediately sorted out.

Kitchenette was equipped with dishwasher and all crockery etc you would need. I didn't use the laundry facilities (not in room).

Opposite is a Carrefour Express (supermarket) and opp. to the left is the food market where you can pick up beautiful bread, tapas, fruit, juices, etc. (Spanish opening times). There is also a very good supermarket in the Placa de Catalunya (at top of Rambla and to the right), in the basement of department store El Corte Ingles. This is also a good spot to buy Spanish food items (olive oils etc) or homewares to take home.

Citadines is a great location on Rambla but do take a look on the internet about the scams and pickpocketing in Barcelona (everywhere from what I could see) and take precautions especially in tourist areas, the metro and the Gothic/old city areas. I witnessed the aftermath of several pickpockets and a scam in the space of 3 days, it is not pretty and such a time waste for travellers affected. I felt I could not relax at all (being a solo female traveller on this occasion) and it seems the authorities are not doing anything to clean this up.

I would definitely stay at the Citadines again if I went back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank hpsing
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The location of this hotel is excellent. The rooms are large and roomy but somewhat dated. Comfortable enough for short stays. Breakfast is limited compared to other places visited in Europe but there is a very handy supermarket across the road and many nice restaurants nearby.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dread62
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights with the room being booked by our travel agent. It was brilliant! We were so happy with the location....it's the absolute hub. The room was on the top floor and looked out towards the sea and over the rambla and surrounding cathedrals. The views really were so lovely both of a morning and night. It was Eurocup time so there were lots of football fans around which added to the vibrancy of the whole place. We would walk for miles and wander through the multitude of charming alleys that led to historic squares and beautiful buildings. There was a surprise around every corner and when we became too tired we just had a short stroll back to recuperate before heading down to the waterfront or to the hundreds of surrounding shops to find a bargain. The markets are just the best and so colorful and exciting. In the end we didn't want to leave our hotel and barcelona to go to Madrid but all good things come to an end. Also just be aware that because they are studio apartments there is no daily cleaning service, additionally the noise from outside is not a problem until someone let's off some sort of fire cracker and it reverberates and can wake you up, but they seem to go off a lot during the day and night.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple