All reviewsgrand derbysants stationswimming pooltourist busthe air conditioningcamp nouquiet locationnice staythin wallsjunior suitebusiness hotelreception staffvisiting barcelonalas ramblastaxicitystops
Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

The rooms are very nice and the staff is very friendly also. I dont understeand some other complaints about the noise and furniture moving because it did not bother me at all, I had the best night sleep honestly, sometimes the street is busy but thats normal for a big city. All in all it was a great stay. Xoxo

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
DireccionDerbyHotels, Front Office Manager at Hotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2017

Dear Barbara,

We are extremely grateful for your lovely feedback regarding your recent experience lived in the Hotel Derby.

Your kind words addressed to staff professionalism and highlighting our excellent service, mean a reason of great pride and motivation for all of us, since we daily work with passion to provide high quality service to our Guests.
We are extremely happy to see that we were able to turn your stay into a unique experience...

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in hotel derby for 4 nights in April. Overall pleasant stay but nothing special. The good: staff was very nice, not too expensive, good internet. The bad: so so breakfast (better to have it somewhere else), nearest metro station is not close and noisy rooms (a lot of noise from street traffic and I could hear everything and every noise in the neighboring room. There is a swimming pool across the rood but we didn't try it.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director de Recepción at Hotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2017

Dear Robert,

Thanks for taking time to post your review of our hotel. We do appreciate all the great comments about our services, staff and facilities. Thank you also for your mention about the hotel staff. I have shared your kind words with them. Our staff strives to create a service experience for our guest that is lasting.
We appreciate all of your comments and hope to see you again in the near future.
Since it is really important for us to get the feedback from our guests, I would like to thank you for your comments, even though, such it is in your case, this feedback may not be as positive as I would hope for.
Let me inform you that, following your words about the service, we have revised and improved these points.

kind regards,

Javier Moreno
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed April 19, 2017

Great location for the purposes of our trip - the city centre and Camp Nou were both within walking distance. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was what you'd expect, rooms a decent size and comfortable. Good internet connection. Only qualm were the noise levels but that's to be expected in the area. Not the greatest hotel in the world but no complaints!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director de Recepción at Hotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2017

Dear Joshua,
Thank you to choose Derby Hotel for your stay in Barcelona and thank you to send this review.
I am very happy to hear you liked the locations but most of all I am especially pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff It is glad to read they provided to you an efficient service to help you. I always feel this is the most important and lasting memory of a hotel.
According to your comments your stay was great but not excellent.. We expect you visit the Hotel Derby again and this time to meet your expectations one hundred percent.

It will be a pleasure to host you again in future.

With best regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2017

Location was good for my meetings and rooms comfortable enough. Biggest issue was the fact that the rooms got hot at night (I was there beginning of April) and were not very sound proof. You would hear noises from other occupants and the street even with the windows closed. However, you had to open the windows to cool the room in the middle of the night and Barcelona streets are often quite noisy at night as street crews and people go around their activities it seems around the clock.
Not sure what it is like during the summer weather or in the winter.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing away from the road. Will be quieter at night.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
DireccionDerbyHotels, Front Office Manager at Hotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Dear Johnt,

Thank you very much for write such a good comment about the confortable-modern rooms, and our excellent Team.
We rally think your feedback it is important to improve every day. It is very important to give us the opportunity to correct it right away and find the best solution for you on time.

We hope to see you again.

Best regards,
Javier Moreno
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Hotel rooms are rather basic with good bathroom, more like a 3* than 4*. Small TV and good Internet connection. Lot of noise from other rooms, you can understand their conversations without trouble. Whatever that happens in the corridor will be heard in the room. Breakfast is very basic and service could be improved. Stayed 5 nights and I don't think I'll repeat.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director de Recepción at Hotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of Derby hotel on Tripadvisor.

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Derby Hotel, and we are terribly sorry that your stay with us was not as pleasant as we wished due to noise.
I take good note on your comments, It is very important to advise the reception right away if any aspect of your stay is disturbing you in order to give us the opportunity to correct it right away and find the best solution for you on time. At Derby, our only goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and I am sure we could have found the way make your stay the most enjoyable. i feel very sorry that you have left our property with a bad taste.
We will appreciate if you may contact us next time you come to Barcelona, in order to provide you with the room that best fit your needs.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the Derby Hotel, I remain at you complete disposal.

With best regards,