I am currently staying at this hotel, and was a little worried given that there were a few negative reviews, however its great. Firstly helpful reception staff on arrival and my room was immediately ready. Rooms are basic - in that there is not lots of clutter and pictures of the walls etc - but beautifully clean. Masses of storage space, and floor to ceiling mirror doors on the wardrobe, so great for checking out how you look if that is your thing!
Bathroom is well kept and a good range of toiletries etc.
Great space for working if you are on business, and plenty of floor space if you are like me a pilates/yoga freak! Television is large and positioned on the wall and the remote works so we are all good on that front! I had a problem with the safe which when I reported the staff tried to sort out. Unfortunately there is a fault on it but they have made alternative arrangements for me to store valuables in the meantime.
The best thing is that this hotel is right opposite the beautiful sandy beach. I can see the beach and the sea from my window - so who needs anything else? Barcelona is a very cosmopolitan city and has a nudist beach as well as a gay friendly beach, and it has been lovely to watch gay men and lesbian women walking hand in hand and just enjoying being free.
Breakfast is immense - billed as continental but there is also a range of cooked options on the buffet as well as fruit, cereal, cakes/pastries, breads, yoghurts etc. The hotel also offer a dinner option from 18-20£, which I haven't yet tried but if breakfast is anything to go by I am sure it will be great. If you eat well at breakfast you can def skip lunch (or at least eat light) and have a great meal in the evening.
The hotel offers towel hire for the beach, as well as a great bike hire option. Bikes are only 15 Euros for the whole day - with no restrictions n what time you have to be back. You have to leave a 50 euro deposit but it comes with a lock, so should be no issue on getting this back. Cycling is very safe if you stick to the cycle lanes along the beach which are amazing! As a cyclist I am so excited that this city has really considered the needs of cyclists and pedestrians.
Although you are in the hear of the busy city once the windows are shut the city noise is gone, and you are guaranteed a great nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. So I can definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The EuroHotel Diagonal Port is in the Poble Nou district of Barcelona, 50 meters from the beach of Mar Bella. It overlooks the Mediterranean Sea. EuroHotel Diagonal Port rooms are spacious and comfortable, current design, air conditioning, satellite TV, fridge and Internet access. In our Restaurant Alacena you will enjoy the exquisite Mediterranean cuisine and also you can enjoy an extensive breakfast buffet. Do not forget to ask for our Terrace where you will enjoy our drinks menu. EuroHotel Diagonal Port is located in the financial and business area of 22 just 10 minutes from Barcelona Convention Center and shopping areas. EuroHotel Diagonal Port is connected to the rest of the city by subway and bus just 5 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Euro Hotel Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafaelhoteles Diagonal Port Barcelona
- Rafaelhoteles Diagonal Port Hotel Barcelona